1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What I meant was if there was the layout with just the oval and not the rest of the track?

2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I only wanted to mention that this forum contains a "Log Out" function which should be highly beneficial for some users.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. MrX

MrX Active Member

I see, you sound like a spoiled Diva you have a social problem. me.. and me and me.. you only think about yourself.. good luck in your life

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Willem Dafoe high on Extasy? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any idea what this bit means? Does it mean you can set multiple mandatory stops?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No not yet, but im told it is scary af in iracing to race nascar around that thing

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Some messages were removed in this thread in case you wonder something got out of context. Sometimes it's better to not to engage folks. Let's move on. :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Not the Colored text

9. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Better. A lot better. Not perfect yet, but much more believable now, although I think the tires could use a tiny little bit more "bite", that is provide a slightly more direct connection to the road when changing your steering input. It's a little hard to describe, but the Formula Vintage is a good example of this (and I was in fact positively shocked when I first tried them after they had been fixed).

More important, however, is the question: How are the Caterhams? And maybe it's just me, but despite their improvements - they definitely can and should be steered using the throttle as well - these cars still need some love, IMHO. I get that they are lightweight cars with a lot of their mass towards the front (especially the 620R), but even with the lower-powered ones the rear often steps out too easily, and despite going through a corner with careful application of maintenance throttle. This is particularly bad when there are crests or bumps to unsettle the car, i.e. when exiting the Clark Curve and entering the Brabham Straight on Brands Hatch.

Another thing that irks me about the Caterhams is that all of them exhibit a tendency to suddenly go into extreme understeer without warning. So far I have not been able to pinpoint what actually causes this, as it isn't limited to braking hard and locking up the front wheels as one would think. IMHO there is still some room for improvements for the Caterhams, probably both in terms of default setup and tire properties. (Speaking of which, the 620R is supposed to use semi-slicks, if I remember correctly? Which makes it especially weird how the car obviously lacks traction compared to the other Cats, and I am talking about lateral grip here, not longitudinal grip under acceleration.)

Anyway, compared to what has been achieved so far, this is almost nitpicky. But I like to think it's welcome because Reiza strives for nothing less than perfection (all in due time, of course). :D

P.S.: Spa 1970 is a blast, with or without chicane. I only wish we had more vintage cars without 'sophisticated' aero producing lots of downforce, i.e. more pre-1968 formula cars, or even ones from the 50s. The Lotus 23 is another great example of this era, hopefully we'll get similar vehicles in the future!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i found the 620r way too hard to control, maybe it's like that irl but i dunno, the superlight and the supersport feel good to me, the super sport especially

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. XTRMNTR2K

Yeah, the 620R is *mental*. I mean, it's sort of meant to the be that way with such a crazy power-to-weight ratio and very light weight in the rear, but it just doesn't feel right yet... It's as if driving on cheap 10-year-old, worn-out road tires. :confused:

I agree that the others can already be a lot of fun - it's mostly some edge cases where they behave in strange and unexpected ways. Probably something that is down to some fine-tuning rather than anything more serious. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Pre-1967 F1 is a niche that really needs filling in the simracing community, especially the 1.5l era (1961-65) which has barely been explored outside of a Lotus 25 or two
    Some 50s content would be appreciated too, maybe even some pre-war content but I'm not sure if that'd happen

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. WhippyWhip

it won't happen because most sim racers =

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

20221103113356_1.jpg
    ok,a white box.

15. CatAstrophe05

upload_2022-11-3_10-34-36.png
    True, but I can dream :p Historic content has always been a pretty strong suit of Reiza (I mean come on, just look at Spa70) so I could see them fleshing it out with a few of the yet to be added eras

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. XTRMNTR2K

Actually... I'm not so sure about that. If anything, AMS2 is the most likely candidate for this kind of niche content. A lot of the content focus in AMS and AMS2 seems to have been not just on popular classes, but also and especially on vehicles that are engaging and fun to drive. Take the Copa Trucks for example. Are they niche content? Absolutely. But they are among the most fun you can have on four wheels (and sitting on several tons of weight!). :D

So if anything, I would assume we'd get one or two DLC packs in the future that focus exclusively on this kind of content; and possibly a few more free additions here and there as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I don't think we're going to see any of that. The oldest track we currently have in the game is Monza 1970 (and Spa from the same year). There isn't any track suited to the 1950's or early 1960's cars. Building historical tracks generally involves a lot of research, especially for the environment. There is little to no data on how tracks looked pre 1970. The data situation is bad for some 1970's tracks, but it's even worse for what came before.
    I think that, realistically, the only way to reasonably do pre 1970's content is to rely on guesswork, which is something mods are great for, but an official game update probably isn't, especially these days.

We have four generations of racing content in the game: 1970's, 1990', 2000's and 2020's. I don't think any more is forthcoming, and what we have is already far better than any other simulator.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. WhippyWhip

i just meant in general why they are super niche in sim racing, but you are correct, hopefully reiza can add more historic content

• Like Like x 1
  19. CatAstrophe05

I mean it's known that at some point or another we're getting a DLC pack (or several, I think it's been mentioned Reiza want to do the multipart model with most of their packs going forward if there's enough scope to justify it) focused exclusively on historic tracks, so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't stop at tracks and add more historic cars to go along with those tracks, DLC or not

• Like Like x 1
  20. XTRMNTR2K

A valid point for sure. That being said, these cars could still be used to simulate revival-type racing, like bringing Group C cars to modern Le Mans, or racing historic Formula One cars around (not)Monaco.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1