1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

The chicane is not what I'm talking about. Rather take a closer look at 130R, Dunlop and the latter half of the S-corners. If you go even further back than 1990, you'll find a completely different Degner, a slightly different T1 and a larger Spoon curve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The overtaking procedure of AI is the main issue in it's bahaviour. They just don't pass slower cars resolutely, but tend to go for their rear (rear tyres in open wheelers) and ram. Or they go side by side for ages, trying to drive through corners that way, what can cause huge carnage on certain tracks like Spa 70, where they crash regularly in the last sector, because the car on the outside never steps back.
    Had a race there with full grid and damage set to 100%, only 6 cars out of 21 AI finished a 10 lap race.

To be fair, Spa 70 is still in Beta, but this behaviour is there in general and leads to many crashes of the AI on other tracks, too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

TRACKS: BRANDS HATCH

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I’m just waiting for IMS and when it arrives I will be a happy Swede. When the modern Indycar arrives, I will have a really good time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Im new with AMS2 and I’m still exploring all the content , still a lot to do, but I’m loving vintage content and the variable weather is amazing, but I have a question regarding wet track that maybe you can help me with. Is there an optimal wet track line on AMS2? I mean, once track gets wet should I change my lines to avoid the rubbered parts of the track as real life drivers do? Is this built into AMS2? Right now it looks that regardless of the weather I can use the “dry line” all the time. Since I haven’t drove on all track combos , I’m not sure if this is implemented on some tracks or not. Driving group C at old Interlagos, no changes needed on my line ( only to avoid puddles). Thanks for the feedback

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good point about the length of time the track has been in the game. I'll give them a go at Spa 2020 and some other circuits like Hockenheim maybe.

Yep, the following AI seems to catch the car in front more quickly than it expect so has to brake or fails to move out in time. This leads to them braking or ramming and then losing all momentum over the car in front.

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No AMS2 doesn't have this.... Yet! I say yet because it wouldn't surprise me to see Reiza impliment this. This feature has just recently been brought into RFactor 2 though, and it is impressive!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Thanks for the quick reply, so I assume is probably on Reiza’s roadmap to implement due to the current state of the fine tuning on physics. I mean, there’s no use in having an impressive weather system if you can’t simulate the impact on physics. Must be really tough to implement on all tracks though, I can just imagine the quantity of variables!!! If any studio can pull this off it’s Reiza. Let’s wait then! Still a lot to learn on dry :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. Richard963

Richard963 Member AMS2 Club Member

+1
    Great list of tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The main issue for me is when they back out of a clear overtake when on the inside of a corner. While doing some races in Spa 1970, they actually do overtake on the inside in La Source, so they can do it. Lets hope it's just a case of fine tuning.

11. Nacho1311

Nacho1311 New Member

Wow, Spa 1970 is very well implemented. I tested the class Formula Vintage Gen2 a bit. They are a lot of fun on this track.
    However, in my opinion, the Lotus 49c feels a bit strange. As if it had no real contact with the road, as if it floated slightly above it. I didn't notice that with the other cars in this class. However, this has nothing to do with the RC, it was the same feeling in the previous version.
    What is your impression of the Lotus 49c?
    Is it just my perception?

12. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday I was thinking that, while of course a classic Monaco implementation would be nice to have, the modern version without the Nouvelle chicane would be much more suitable for vintage cars than the usual layout. Not sure how gimmicky this idea is, or wether they actually could for license-related issues. Just an idea I had when thinking in possible circuit arrangement for a vintage F1 season.

(still, modern Monaco is used in the vintage series, and I know the difference among modern Monaco and old Monaco(s) is not just the chicane, but again, just an idea I had)

13. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've also been using the 49c and think it feels OK. I think the key is to get the weight over the front for it to bite. Without a touch of brake or lift off it does understeer a lot.

14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try reducing front camber and increasing caster

15. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

the version of Monaco 1966 on RF2 is a success, I would like to see this track on the historical DLC.
    Personally, I will add historic Long Beach (the F1 version and the CART version) to this list.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We absolutely need historical Long Beach 100%

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

No…wait…Paris-Dakar 1979!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Maybe this is not the place, but can you write on your lonngg wishlists and discuss it like and idea: To make Quality private or always ghost cars on Quality.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Ghost is what is missing from test day. Requested many times. Maybe 1 day.:rolleyes:
    Would make test day more relevant, useful esp for setup testing.

• Like Like x 3
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Private qualifying is available as an option in AMS1, it would be a great option to have in AMS2 since AI often blocks me in qualifying during their outlap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1