1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If I do a race with 3 random weather slots (occasionally getting rain), what should I set the live track to? I am confused

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What you want the track to be when starting the session.

Use Default Progression, green, low, medium, heavy for a dry track. (rubber states)

Use damp and wet for wet track (wetness will still be randomized a bit)

In both cases the weather will determine how the track state will develop over time, no matter what preset you use. You are determinating the starting track surface conditions by this preset though (and a dry preset takes longer to get more wetness saturated of course).

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, now I understand.;)

4. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

However I just gave it another go and didn't short shift nearly as much and the tires kept reaching around 95 even after lap 7. I was getting much more tire spin so as expected, driving style plays a lot in tire temp and performance. I am personally pretty happy with that...

5. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So the Wet preset would be like it has been raining all day or night and the dry presets would be like it just started to rain as your session began correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

Basically yes + Wet is relatively soaked but still not 100% has to be said - sometimes i don't even see major puddles yet especially when choosing rain but not storm or thunderstorm.

Damp is like after a shower or light rain.

Dry presets have a dry track that will start to rain in when the session has loaded.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Well, we’ve all learned something. I had no idea of the intricacies, but it totally explains some of the track behaviour I was seeing. It’ll really change the way I race from now on.

Fab to see that thrashed out on the forum!

• Like Like x 2
  8. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Seems like some more in game explanations would be cool, to prevent people thinking it's not an accurate Sim or its broken. Same as the cars, describing a few handling characteristics so people don't unfairly compare the car to a similar one in another Sim.

Side note, can the DPAD up/down not working on the opponent class selection please be fixed. It's annoying trying to find the mouse in VR :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So... can I ask the obvious question.

Why isn't the default setting tied to the weather? Because I had no idea this option even existed, and I've always just assumed if I pick big ass thunder storm, then the track will be wet?

Also, these doesn't explain cars kicking up a 6ft tall roostertail on a mildly damp track like we see on the 1970's spa promo?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. CrimsonEminence

Because it's a user adjustment. It is what it is for now.
    You never once looked into session settings and hovered with the mouse cursor over the live track preset to see what it does? That's not the games fault i'm afraid.
    To know what it does there is a text info at the righthand side of the menu
    asdfadsfashzfrt.png

You call that a roostertail? Well at these speeds they will be larger indeed even on lower track saturation...but they can be much more dense...

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

I had a long reply typed out, but forgot it doesn't apply since it was almost all about real weather, although question that remains is, can a track ever be listed as dry in the UI after becoming moist?

12. CrimsonEminence

When there are minimum amounts of water on track (like remaining puddles on a dry track in dry weathe + real weather activated) the UI can actually show a slightly wet state indeed. You should still also check out the track visually of course.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why the hell we often get the message 'can't join because there are too many players' (or something along those lines) when the lobby clearly has empty seats available?

14. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Any word on when/if the dashboards will be fixed in VR to show changes to TC, ABS etc.

eg. GT3 displays don't change/show correct settings in VR. Issue has been present for as long as I can remember.

Plus, any chance of having a rear display in the McLaren 720? I know it's based on the Brazil series spec but it's tough in VR to see behind without using the look behind button. I don't use HUD or virtual mirrors in VR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CrimsonEminence

What hella' track was the lobby running? :whistle: (pit boxes number concerns)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

Interlagos. Only 10 players in the lobby, host set maximum to 24.

17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To answer your question no I haven't because I figured with a name like default progressing it would default to whatever the weather was and progress as it should naturally. I don't think I've ever actually looked at what that setting does until now...

Now that I know how that system works I'll definitely use it. That will likely explain a lot of the oddities I feel when racing in the wet.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

Not sure (MP hosting stuff isn't my main domain so apologies for my ignorance), but i wonder if it was it set to 24 slots but 10 human players and rest filled with AI.

Don't see that as verified info.

19. CrimsonEminence

Nope, like the help text explains, it will set green state for first session and progress depending on weather/taking over previous sessions rubber progression in the dry when not chosen for 1st session in the event.

20. sgsfabiano

Since I couldnt join, I cant tell if there were any AI.

This, however, leads to a request Ive made long ago: display lobby slots in the AMS1 way <humans> [bots] / <max>