1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

A long to-do cum wishlist really doesn´t mean much at this stage with so much other stuff pending. Realistically four to half a dozen tracks a year is max what anyone can reasonably expect based on past experience with this and other games like RRE, ACC and RF2.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Now that is odd. Are we speaking ACC levels of low BB or just a little lower like 5%?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I think what you are saying that when trail braking with no ABS the car doesn't rotate as much compared to using ABS especially on max setting correct? I tested this as well with the BMW GT4 and I see what you are saying but I am not sure that this is not how it should be.

When I try to trail brake with no ABS in the M4 I usually have a small lock up and therefore the car wants to keep going straight or turn less. Trying locking on a straight and then turning, the car won't turn. With ABS, you won't get that lock up and the car will rotate much more because the tires are not locked up and are allowing the car to turn in. For the GT3s and GT4s, I usually have the ABS set to 3 or 4 and move the BB back a few from default.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It does'nt really matter, but for arguments sakes set it to 55 to the front if you like. Point is, what ever its at the car is much more likely to loose the back end with ABS on than off. Thats the opposite of how ABS should work

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

No, thats not how it should be.

Yes I know how ABS works. This is with threshold braking. Locking the wheels would completely ruin the test

• Like Like x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That's not correct. ABS was invented to give you steering control when you lose traction under braking. Without ABS a car will lock and in most cases just plough away. More ABS can very well increase the willingness of the car to turn-in more, especially when you unload your rear tires and load your fronts under braking without locking up - the load shift to the fronts while maintaining steering authority is something that can lead to oversteer.

Don't forget, that race cars are built to turn. It's not like an understeery road setup.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

A long what now? :confused: :p

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Which bit?
    Yes I get all that, maybe I should put it like this: Turning on ABS in that car atm is like wacking your brake bais real far rearward. Its kinda like the ABS is working just on the fronts, does that make more sense? If it was just a case of weight shift it would be rotating the same (as long as im not locking up) without ABS as it would with it turned on would'nt it? And it gets even weirder!

So I've just tried it in a specially set up 190E DTM Benz and, it trail brakes better with ABS, as I would have expected

Now im even more confused than a goth at a swimming pool! Everything I thought I knew is up in the air and I can't catch any balloons!:confused:o_O:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Because it's just that simple: It isn't that simple.

Cars are different. The M4 likely unloads its rear more, it's heavier than a relatively agile 80-90s DTM car.

ABS is also working for the rears, i can assure you that :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok, er... It just gets weirder!

So i've gone back to the BMW M4 GT4 and taken it to laguna again. This time I deliberately set the brake bias pretty far rearwards (im talking 55 to the back this time), and guess what! Now when I turn on the ABS its better, as I would have expected to be!

Now im either having the most confusing day of my life and my brains melted or i'm learning lots today. Im not totally sure, but its one of these is definately happening right now.

I must have just found the one (or within narrow bandwidth of) bias setting earlier which just does'nt get on with the ABS for some myriad of reasons.

This is amazing, but very confusing at the same time:confused::):eek::confused:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh yeah I know it is, I did'nt mean that litterally, just an anology. Aint it nuts that now i've set them proper rearward it works better now! If the M4 unloads its rears more (which i would have thought odd being more modern and I would assume better springs and dampers than they had back in the 90's) then surely it would get even worse with the bias moved further back,

I tell you my brains fuzzled!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

I guess that extra weight compensates for the modern dampers and overrides the advantage

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Fecking damn right!;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

ss221405.jpg I've been testing my brakes too, and in the same place!
    Again...and again...and again...:(

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope.

Here are the tracks that have been put out by Reiza in the recent past:

2021-01 1: Spa Francorchamps 2020
    2021-02 0
    2021-03 1: Spa Francorchamps 1993
    2021-04 1: Jacarepagua 2005 (4 layouts)
    2021-05 0
    2021-06 3: Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca, Long Beach, Daytona International Speedway (3 layouts)
    2021-07 1: Salvador Street Circuit
    2021-08 0
    2021-09 0
    2021-10 3: Monza 1971 (4 layouts), Monza 1991, Monza 2020 (2 layouts)
    2021-11 1: Azure (laser scan)
    2021-12 2: Watkins Glen (4 layouts), Cleveland
    2022-01 0
    2022-02 1: Road America (2 layouts)
    2022-03 0
    2022-04 1: Galeão Airport Temporary Race Track
    2022-05 0
    2022-06 3: Buenos Aires (7 layouts), Cordoba (3 layouts), Termas Rio Hondo
    2022-07 0
    2022-08 3: Gateway (3 layouts), Fontana (2 layouts), Spa Francorchamps 2022
    2022-09 0
    2022-10 0
    2022-11 2: Spa Francorchamps 1970 (2 layouts), Indianapolis (? layouts)

If we include Spa 1970 and IMS, then the last 12 months total is 12. And its been 12 on average for the last 12 months since July 2021. We can debate whether Spa 2022 and Azure laser scan are full effort new tracks. If you discount those, the average is 11.

In the last 12 months rFactor 2 has released 9 tracks: Daytona, Gateway, Donington, Brands Hatch, Laguna Seca, Bahrain, Thruxton, Croft, London

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Do we think the ambiguity around IMS's release might be tied in to the Indycar licensing situation?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I rather think its tied to the fact that IMS was not completed and efforts were focused on getting trackside items right for Spa 1970.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Might be useful to have more detailed info on which LDF is different in which way to their "normal" variants once things are finished for the full release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

One thing I can be sure of though! All this setup work at Laguna today has made for a very well behaved and nice driving Beamer! Just had a great 20min race with the A.I. there. Its great spending a long time getting to know a car and tweaking it bit by bit, its a bit long, but then you get your cherry at the end when it drives great in the race!

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I feel like if there was any ambiguity they wouldn't have talked about IMS in the dev update much like how everyone at Reiza is being radio-silent about the state of the F-USA 22 currently outside of a changelog stuff for this RC. There is ambiguity there, it'd be very silly of Reiza to say they're going to release a track that they don't have a license deal squared away for

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1