1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Naw, just needs some extra testing. See my last reply... I think we'll have news on IndyCar sooner then later. And oh, IMS feels/looks great in closed beta

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

acb.jpg

Renato hurry up and release some more DLC's so I can give you my money to help get some of those licences!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Probably just got more complicated with even more lawyers involved in MSGM's demise.

Also, can someone point me to language that says MSGM has an exclusive license for Indycar? The exclusivity is limited to e-sports (def: involving money/sponsorship) online races. Hence why Indycars are already in other sims, including one with sophisticated online capabilities!!

Licensing is a slow and frustrating procedure at the best of times. I am not speaking officially, but the headlines around and the consequences of the meltdown of MSGM are unlikely to speed Indycar's discussions with anyone else about licensing. They will need to be even more cautious and deliberate than ever now to avoid this type of problem in the future.

I am confident they will realize Reiza is the polar opposite of MSGM in terms of business dealings and hope they appreciate it and find it a positive in the end.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Back to the RC...

Excellent work on the Corvette GTP! I'm a bit late to the party given I was on the road all weekend, but I finally got to give the new car a go and I absolutely love it.

I had been driving a lot of big turbo cars before the new RC and this car finally made the whole "displacement vs. forced induction" argument make sense to me. Where the Merc is hard to predict with the turbo lag, the Corvette feels consistent and gradual in it's power delivery. Even though it has a shorter wheelbase, it isn't as nervous out of corners.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All other games that have/had IndyCar (iRacing and/or Project CARS series) both had it prior to the MSGM deal. rFactor 2 of course calls under MSGM. But otherwise you are correct, only wording in the press release is targeting "esports"...

Source: MOTORSPORT GAMES SIGNS AGREEMENT TO BRING THE OFFICIAL INDYCAR GAME TO MARKET

But my guess is this deal may have made it not as cheap to get the license, or IndyCar didn't want extra licenses out there while this was in development (like a non-compete clause for a specific timeframe, etc). But yes, only time will tell for now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Overtake.gg is having a live stream where theybare showing of the new content inclufing IMS!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you have a link to it? All I found was their youtube channel and there is nothing about this

8. Racinglegend1234

• Like Like x 4
  9. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Lesson for Reiza here.. RF2 released more Formula E drivel last week, and bankrupt this week.

Pay attention, give us Sebring instead, thank you ;)

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Would love electric cars in AMS2

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

That's not a fix.
    I'm still glancing down at the dash and seeing incorrect TC/ABS settings.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Correlation does not equal causation. I would personally love to see Formula E and other electric series/cars in AMS 2 and it is fairly obvious that rf2 was not why MSG collapsed. It's because they focused on making NASCAR 22 shiny instead of building a foundation like the Heat series previously had

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

rF2 isn't why MSG has completely screwed itself the way it has, honestly I'd argue that in this whole situation S397 are going to be the victims here given they're fully owned by MSG and if they declare bankruptcy it could mean really bad things for rF2 (which yes, we all have our own thoughts on but you have to admit it'd suck seeing such a long lasting sim be killed by a corporate grifter rather than much wrongdoing from the devs themselves)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It was mentioned in the SEC published license agreement. I read it all.
    The license is exclusive as far as the Indycar IP (all with no exclusions) but only going forward from the agreement date which means any user who got the license before that could retain the use of IP. I don't have the link anymore but someone can definitely dig it out.
    The agreement also obligated MSG to license all of the tracks in the calendar on their own with IMS only being a facilitator in that process "at no out pocket expense" for IMS.
    There are also mechanisms by which IMS could pull out of the agreement listed. IIRC bankruptcy or failure to meet the agreed delivery dates for the game were two of the reason the termination of the agreement was possible.

Edit: this is the filed agreement

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1821175/000149315221016888/ex10-1.htm

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
  15. Marc Collins

I read it already. Can you point us to the exclusivity clause for all the things not e-sports?

Remember, no one else is trying to develop an all-inclusive "Indycar game" like the NASCAR games MSG already published. It's just licensing individual cars and tracks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  16. Ettore

It's pretty clear: it's exclusive in terms of video games and those kind of products it's non-exclusive for all other types of use of the IP (merchandising, other video productions etc.)
    upload_2022-11-15_14-15-39.png

upload_2022-11-15_14-17-52.png

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 4
  17. Marc Collins

Right. Exclusive for an official/all-inclusive Indycar game, but overall non-exclusive as made clear in clause 1, 1.1, a, where it is clear that Indycar is not binding themselves or preventing themselves from doing whatever else they want with their IP and branding.

The clause mentioned above is the override to all else below it and there is a reason it is the very first clause in the contract :)

18. Ettore

Only provided it does not have to do with videogames.
    Basically the concept is that MSG has exclusivity only in the field of videogames and only going forward (so not retroactively for already existing licenses).
    Not in every other activity where the IP can be marketed

19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly don't even think it was a gift to make money, I think MSG did genuinely want to make good racing games. The issue is that they listened to what the fanbase wanted blindly, they looked at NASCAR Heat and added and hyperfocused all the shiny new stuff fans wanted from the heat series instead of building a foundation.

Honestly it seems like people want game devs to be like MSG. People want to be listened uncritically and when it ends up not being good everyone immediately blames the devs without an ounce of retrospection.

I'm I saying that devs should stop listening to fans? No. But I think it's about time a lot of gaming communities realize that they don't know crap about game development and that these "easy fixes" aren't actually easy. NASCAR 22 is the end state of that. If we give the devs time and space to iron out problems good things tend to happen, there is a reason the most talked about simracers are the ones that have had been around 9+ years or are hyperfocused on one specific series. R3E is 9 years old, Rfactor 2 is only a few weeks younger, and Iracing is 14 years old! ACC is focused on a select group of cars and is still twice as old as AMS 2.

We should give AMS 2 time, or else it's gonna end badly. If AMS 2 was lazer focused on fan requested content there's a decent chance we wouldn't have gotten the physics overhaul as soon as we did because they would've been too busy rewiting the code for multiplayer and adding filler cars for the popular classes while ignoring obscure ones. Some folks here may wish that was the case, but if that was AMS 2 I know I wouldn't buy it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I´d say the major mistakes they made with Ignition were to develop the game using too many European people not familiar with NASCAR, using the Unreal graphic engine combined with RF2 physics for ovals and releasing an unfinished game to likely meet a contractual deadline.

They have done pretty well at polishing the turd since then and met their roadmap expected dates but the damage had already been done in that the multiplayer experience was bad and there was missing wheel compatibility etc etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1