1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Electric cars in motorsport vs. electric cars in simracing is an interesting "rabbit hole" to go down. I feel that the novelty has worn off a bit for Formula E, and series that went electric like WRX and Nitro RX are losing fans over the switch. As a spectator, it is less exciting without the sound, but I would think these cars would translate better in a sim. In the sim, how a car feels is more important than the sound alone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That's not my interpretation. It's only for all-inclusive "official" video game(s). It does not affect Indycar from working with others for lesser/non-competing deals. And it is not excusive, as I already pointed out. There is nothing about going forward versus retroactive that I can see, either.

It's a standard contract for MSG to develop an official Indycar game(s) and gives them all the rights to use the various official marks, etc., but reserves the right for Indycar to do anything they want any time they want--except work with someone else on the exact same project (that's the exclusivity you may be confusing with a broader exclusivity). Makes sense, since no one would imagine Indycar or MSG ever wanting or agreeing to have two (or more) official Indycar games at the same time.

But if MSG is unable to deliver, Indycar is left still wanting to have an official game while Reiza (and perhaps others) are wanting to license bits and pieces. If I was Indycar, I would be pausing to explore who can do what and when to salvage the best possible overall outcome. Rieza is only one piece of that puzzle.

Even if MSG further implodes to the point where it is 100% sure they cannot deliver, Indycar will still have the same dilemma. It isn't as simple as saying OK, the official game we wanted has evaporated, so we'll just carry-on licensing like we did prior to contracting MSG. There would surely be some reconsideration process.

3. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally a fan of Formula E... but unless we had the cars plus a range of suitable tracks, it wouldn't matter in AMS2. But I was annoyed that it was the 2021 layout and not the updated 2022 London Layout (removing the awful switchback section). Also rF2 DLC is the only thing MSGM has been making money from, everything else is loss after loss.

4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I very much disagree. Nitro RX gets zero advertising here in the states, I only learned of it because I was subscribed to the NBC Motorsports YouTube channel. Formule E have been up there when it comes to on track action, honestly just as entertaining as the top dogs out there like F1, IMSA, and Indycar. Cannot defend WRX though, I've not watched much of their stuff.

Edit: I didn't really refute your NitroRX claim, so I'll give you that however I don't think it would've been as bad if Nitro actually got advertised

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure many people would be shocked to see electric cars in AMS2. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

7. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

8. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Are we getting IMS in the release candidate soon? Cannot wait to try the track out :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Lucifer_sam Great read. I do admit community has a say too. They are the players, but honestly and I believe that the developers always has to create the game/sim/tool/puzzle/art they want too. Community can give insights, but the developers never must try to satisfy everyone.. Look how they massacred Diablo 2 Resurrected, lol.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  11. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    :eek::whistle:

• Winner x 11
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

is that a mod? where can I get it?? if it's photoshop then good job lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Darn! I take my eye off the MSG story for a week and it all goes south... :rolleyes:
    Motorsport Games' Entire Board of Directors Resign Over Funding Dispute - Insider Gaming (insider-gaming.com)
    I anticipated this for some time and that's why I uninstalled and abandoned rF2 many months ago, despite the tantalising progress it's been making. I used to love it so much too, but AMS2 overtook it by many hundreds of in-sim hours for me.

It's a sorry end to that saga though. Who can tell what fate awaits S397? I've personally seen this happen in real life multiple times (creative and games industry), and it never goes well for anyone. I hope S397 get the lifeboat they deserve, but I also hope that Reiza take full advantage of the situation.

Love and War, and all that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He is the king of AMS2 modding at the minute ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

yeah it looks good! Hopefully Reiza start supporting mods in the future, it's still a bit of a hassle to make them work, but it's nice that they exist. Granted, would be nice to see FE officially in the game too haha

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    :whistle:

• Like Like x 3
  17. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Yes, I need mods...there is not enough content in AMS2 to keep me busy.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

15 more days (+30 days) until we can expect another dev update. How fast time flys when waiting on IMS to be added to the game. Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

There was an electric prototype as a mod, way back when. Can't readily find anything on it anymore.
    That's also a thing with mods in ams2; the bootfiles have to be kept current with the build and what have you, or the thing don't work...
    Wasn't a bad ride, but can clearly remember missing the audible feedback which really casts a shadow of doubt when it comes to your throttle foot.

But we had an electric mod, 100%.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I completely agree, Formula E is great, rF2 Formula E is fake racing, drifting for speed... It was so bad that one of the real life drivers got a sim racer to take over for them in one of the official rF2 Formula E races during lockdown... It was that much of a joke to drive the way you had to to go fast in rF2 to them... Of course he got banned from the sport as it was an officially licensed race...

MSGS collapsed because they screwed their only cash cow and made rF2 a **** show for a couple of years... And released that shiny NASCAR game that was a complete flop...

The recent content drops are obvious cash grabs to try and get something revenue wise... MSN was no doubt expecting large profits from a NASCAR game...

I'd pay for a stand alone Formula E game... I wouldn't pay for a stand alone NASCAR game... And I love the sound of a V8... The sound of the FE engine is also far more pleasing to the ears than those leaf blowers in F1... It reminds me more of the futuristic sound of the diesel Audi hybrid LMP1's... Whilst even this many years after the move to V6s in F1 they still annoy me... The Ferrari engine has an ok note but it's still not screaming and sounds really muted, the rest just sound like leaf blowers to me...

The racing in Formula E even with that stupid fan boost is like touring car racing and if you believe the numbers they present it only continues to grow... Close battles and a little bit of rubbing doesn't destroy the aero... Fan boost is also far less detrimental to the racing than DRS for me... Attack mode is a brilliant concept and really spices up the racing whilst also adding another level of strategy... So the only place I see Formula E going is merging with F1 or taking over from F1... The next gen car will be a very interesting beast to drive...

Although I'd love FE to be a part of AMS2 there's just a lot of street tracks that wouldn't suit a majority of the cars in AMS2 and the whole attack mode concept to code... Given I feel that AMS2 needs more refinement and less new content right now, that's a project I hope they stay away from...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1