1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Absolutely and going back to the very first dev updates, Renato was even discouraging people from buying the SP at that stage since they were in for a long wait.

I don´t expect any more new content this year apart from Ring 1971 and even that is with a pinch of salt but I do think it makes commercial sense to formally announce on the actual storefront what is going to happen with the two passes that are currently behind schedule, seeing as it is now almost the end of the year, and sell more copies as a result. Remember that Monza info is also missing from the premium track pack description despite coming out more than a year ago. It´s harder to sell a secret than something you actively promote just by updating 3 or 4 lines on the storefront.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

two? ok.

3. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yes, the Premium Expansion and the Season ones. Technically not as it is still 2022 and the P.E has no date on it, but I am sure you got the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Any news on what steam are doing with USA part 3?

5. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i hope it happens soon, we have a league race tonight in the mini's so knowing whether we can use real weather or not would be nice as RC and normal build have different wet tyres, so need RC to become relaese build for us to be able to use wet wether

6. Racinglegend1234

Why do they have different wet tyres?

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no info on the DLC stuff unfortunately but in doubt with a league never plan with short term updates or content that isn't out yet, if you have a race in very close timeframe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I hope this is sooner than later. While I'm okay with the time Reiza takes to make their stuff and don't take issue with the much extended DLC release timeline, I do think we shouldn't have to wait until the very last days of 2022 to get news about content coming in 2023 that originally was sold as coming in by the end of 2022

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Mini JCW wet tires accumulated too much heat over time even on high wet saturation.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

we can't control what version ppl use, if RC wasn't able to race online with release build this wouldn't be an issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

4CF0D9F4-A564-4052-8CC8-93BC15BF5515.png

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, hopefully a version check/mismatch error will get implemented if possible, maybe once they start focussing more on the multiplayer part this can be addressed as well, one can only hope ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no reason they cannot race FE at better circuits with better corners and longer straights that allows the car to show its potential. It is the circuits that are the issue not the cars. They don't need to have the F1 speed or aero to have good racing but neutering them doesn't make it appealing either. I watch slower motorsports than f1 as well but they are still on circuits that allow for good speed and cornering. I would rather watch any category that races on proper circuits rather than the rubbish tracks FE race on but that is the series choice, I can't see it becoming as popular as other series until they make changes but that is their choice. I lost interest in it a while back, it has so many things that don't appeal to me as being proper racing but that is my choice as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the stringent rules in F1 has stifled any creativity, innovation and perceptible differences between the cars. In the end there is that little overall difference between them that they have similar performance therefore less overtaking is likely to happen. Therefore you need gimmicks to help overtake, this is true for both F1 and FE. It seems to be a very fine line between making overtaking too easy and too hard.

I still watch F1 every race but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to and that is because of the ways the cars have changed. Having said that I just find the FE cars way more unappealing. At the end of the day, apart from marketing and history I believe it really is the speed that attracts people to it, and some occasional crazy races.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Racinglegend1234

I would say the new regulations have brought us 10 unique cars

17. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I have a question: when tyre wear will be equal between AI and player in all the tracks? Now only some tracks have this feature like hockenheim, nurburgring and monza with tyre wear x5, other like austria and interlagos no pit stops for AI...

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

So, I was looking at the Steam store page for Racin' USA Pt3, and I noticed what appears to be a 3 wide start at Indianapolis. I wonder if that is something we'll actually be getting, because if so then it is something I don't think I've ever seen with AI outside of dedicated IndyCar games.

19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're argument hinges on you saying Formula E would be able to drive and race on (to give you the strongest possible case) on shorter circuits usually run by touring cars and junior formula and provide better racing than what yhey currently provide. looking at pure numbers, however the race they did at a "proper circuit" isn't even the most viewed highlights video from this season, it wasn't even the second. Monaco has ~800K views and Jakarta has ~1.5M views. The Mexico City race (which was run on a circuit) has ~470K. Of course that's no slouch, and I wouldn't mind FE moving onto more "proper" race tracks. But I also don't think the street circuits aren't all that bad and people seem to agree. Yes there are bad ones, but there are PLENTY of bad "proper" tracks as well.

20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the beta it was 3-wide race start.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1