1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No way is there another developer with this sort of attitude and care for fans and followers.
    Reiza, you've always had my loyalty but this took it to another level. Legends!

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Absolutely classy act!!!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

This!

:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Is it just me who thinks Indy oval is super slippery? It’s like rain tyres again except changing tyres in set up does not fix it like before…. Only tested the 3 Indy cars. Daytona is fine.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Fully reset your setup. They had some changes.

6. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The bug whereby car setups don´t always reset to the circuit default is still present in RC.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Turn in on the Gen 1 CART car had me thinking the same even after a set up reset... I managed to drive around it going flat but turn in still felt very unstable...

Otherwise this version of Indy looks epic...

8. CrimsonEminence

There are differences. For the Lolas i definitely recommend lowering ride height a few mm and experimenting with wings to balance aswell. The Reynards usually get the better front hook up and overall stick better to the track. The Swift is understeery neutral which can be counteracted aswell by wing balance.

It's important to know that all the chassis types have differences, 3 gens don't mean 3 cars. They can certainly improve further by setup, which is essential on ovals, just no way around it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I just installed RTX 4090 and tested the game in VR for fps. Now, I can say I can finally drive in rain, storm and thunderstorm with no problem 60fps on ANY open wheel formula cars at max settings and full AI, no problem. 60fps is adequate for sim racing (i do not need to hit 90fps). Now, for the non-open wheeler cars, it's a totally different story, frame rate drop to 42-50fps in rain, storm or thunderstorm and I think know the reason why. It is because all the cars have their headlights turn on when it rains. PLEASE Reiza, do listen to us and TURN OFF AI's headlights during rains...I have no doubt that is what causes the huge frame rate drop in VR. If even the powerful RTX 4090 cannot solve this issue, there is nothing that can...EXCEPT through your input.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Why are AI lights on during rain? Is it a realistic thing or just a AMS2 thing?

11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Why does it sound like the default setups are quite hit and miss and need quite a bit of adjustment to make the car handle well?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will these changes be implemented in the default setup at some stage? As when running a lobby with fixed setup would make it a bit harder to race these cars apparently then, it would make sense that the changes you mention would be implemented in the default setup imho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

Because in the rain you usually use headlights when you have them. That's the same for road traffic like it is for motorsports. Helps visibility.

It's not quite a bit, you can change things with a few clicks which is completely normal on ovals. You will not find universally fitting setups for that kind of situation.

Of course there is possibility to improve on the defaults, no question.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

I highly recommend not running fixed setup for oval tracks, no matter how good they might fit a track. This is against any logic of what makes oval racing work...

And like stated, there is a possibility to improve the defaults, not making definitive statements yet. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, if possible it would help to have a warning popup when you setup a race/lobby with default setups and an oval that its not recommended to do so, as not everyone will see these messages on the forum, or maybe even disable the option for default setups in that case.

Just thinking about players that try ovals on ams2, run it with default setups, find it not driving well and create bad advertising, which would be prevented by a little heads up.

16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

One for the wishlist in graphics options, turn off AI lights.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

WOW, so even the mighty 4090 wont cut it for rain in VR. I like to run at 90fps in VR (my headset is 90hz only). I was thinking of upgrading my 3080, but if 4090 still cant reach 90hz in rain then I dont think I’ll bother.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Are you sticking with realism or are you trying to resolve the frame rate issue? What's wrong with giving an option in the settings to turn it off? I am fine driving in rain without the freaking lights on as I have done so with formula cars and yes I can see without lights.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

9 degrees of banking vs. 31 degrees of banking will do that to you. Indycars are set up somewhat loose at Indy to prevent understeer, and every 500 will feature multiple drivers losing the rear on their own and sliding backwards into the fence.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

guys, if anyone wants to help test CC's support for full course yellows while blasting around Indy, here's a beta version of CrewChief:

http://167.235.144.28/CrewChiefV4-4.16.3.3_beta.msi

there are some creases to iron out and the available FCY data from the game is fairly limited. It also seems to transition from 'racing' to 'FCY pits open' immediately without using the possible 'pending', 'pits open to lead vehicles' or other states. Not a big deal but it does mean that I've not been able to test these transistions, and if they happen I can't promise the app will behave itself.

For the tests I've been able to do (and it's surprisingly difficult to trigger FCY without wrecking your own car) it does appear to work

• Like Like x 21
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1