1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I solve my issues at 99,9% for sure.

It's Nvidia driver issue, not the game, sorry devs for talking about inexistent issues on your game, at least in my case.

First of all, the main problem is Nvidia Surround for my triple screen setup, so:
    With DDU uninstall all Nvidia stuff, all. With ethernet cable unplugged to avoid Windows installing his own old and buggy driver.
    Then, I installed a clean driver version for the best stability (Driver without additional bloat and telemetry). I use the RTX version (2070).
    526.98 - Clean Version | guru3D Forums

So, things to keep in mind:

Don't use nvidia surround, It sucks, lot of people have lot of problems with buffers and stuttering.
    Avoid any hardware monitor like MSI Afterburner, reading/consulting data directly from the graphic card generates stability and performance issues, all because ****ty drivers.

If you want, you can use a simple FPS counter, I use the steam overlay fps counter.

The game now runs better in terms of performance (Nvidia Surround impact directly in my case on raw performance) and is stable as a rock.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

MSI afterburner is fine. When did you last DDU?

3. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

fastest electric car in the world. also this car recently reached highest speed on the test and reached I think 430 kmh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have problems when I play other games like singleplayers or multiplayers. But, with surround, on internet you can read lot of reports pointing directly to the origin of driver issues and stability.
    And is not so strange. Microsoft in the past years report many times that hardware monitor can create performance and stability issues. If you have issues, avoiding screwing up the drivers is one of the first things you can try.

I use afterburner normally, but I avoid it when I play with my triple setup.

Edit: About your question, I use DDU for many years. For sure, the key point is deactivating surround (on Flight simulator forums and reddit you can read the same). But I want to describe carefully what I do to make AMS2 stable. And I always, except now, use official drivers. Maybe have lot of trash and bloated things, I can't know for sure.

5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats damn fast! Also, here's something i just found to keep all you flame throwing noise loving petrol heads happy!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I would love to have it in the game and the potential of it

7. Apex

Apex Active Member

Personally I have little interest in electrics as I'm basically into the noisy, historic stuff, but that said, I really don't see why Reiza couldn't or shouldn't do it. And if licensing is a roadblock, I guess there's always the option of doing some generic stuff.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, this is still the easiest way to reset all set-ups in one step. The game will recreate the needed folder when it starts up the next time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

First of all, you didn't ask for an option. The proposal was to turn the headlights off because they were not needed.

Second, when someone suggested a scaling approach (that pretty much every other game in the history of gaming uses), you reiterated that the lights just needed to be turned off.

This is not about popularity or how many people agree. It's about proposing singular/absolute solutions to complex problems that need answers satisfying a wide variety of users and preferences.

If you meant to propose an option as opposed to imposing your preference on others, you missed at least two opportunities to clarify that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Being DQ while starting on the inside line under AI control at Indy and Autoclub now. Starting in 16th, maintain position suddenly moves to last, get DQ before the starting line. Has happened 8/10 race starts

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I know this is not the perfect place for this, but I didn't feel like opening a new thread for this specifically, so here goes my rant...

Since Indy is finally available in the RC for everyone I wanted to give it a try before the release of the DLC, so I was looking forward for some good racing action yesterday (despite experiencing pain in my left arm due to injuring myself while working on my car the day before). Naturally, I did some solo practice in the F-USA Gen 3 before attempting a race against AI - and I even ended up practicing much longer than I had planned since fiddling with the setup and going 'round and 'round the track was so much fun!

That being said, I am going to be brutally honest about my observations with regards to the actual racing experience. Didn't want to post about this yesterday, as I was about to give up on AMS2 as a whole for now, so I needed some time to digest all of that before I talked about it.

The first time around I set the AI to 85 strength and low aggression, to ensure I would be able to keep up with them over the course of a 15-minute race with mandatory pitstop. Also skipped practice and qualifying and set player starting position to middle of the pack (which I thought would ensure some fun and close racing).

The short version is that I probably restarted the race at least half a dozen times, possibly more. The long version of this is that the AI was not just far too aggressive for a "low" setting, not really caring about keeping it clean (at least as far as I as player was involved), but also their weird behavior going through the turns.

What I mean by that is the AI would often brake/lift late before the turns (partiularly T3 and T4), take them at speeds slightly higher than I could even with slightly increased downforce (but that could be explained to due being early in the race, before my tires were up to 110 and 100°C in the front and rear respectively), and then suddenly slam the brakes right at the point where you'd normally open the throttle at the exit of T4 (and T2 as well, I assume).

This led me to believe I may have found an issue with the way AI strength scaling works. It is not so much that they are braking earlier, going slower through turns or accelerating later out of them - not at all! Instead, it's like the AI is racing at full strength and then, suddenly, remembers "OH **** I'M GOING FASTER THAN I'M ALLOWED TO" in certain parts of the track.

As a consequence, I decided to try the same race with AI at 100 strength to see if it would make any difference - and it does! Their behavior throughout the turns was more natural, even though it was still obviously not on the same level as players using the more advanced tire model.

Unfortunately, the AI aggression issues only seemed to get worse at 100 (despite it still being set to 'low'). In the end I had to restart the race like a dozen times and ended up quitting because except two times where I made a mistake myself the AI attempted a crazy overtake, hit me and sent me spinning into the barriers, all while trucking on themselves as if nothing ever happened. And this wasn't with me driving like a psycho, but being careful not to get too close to other vehicles (which, granted, isn't easy to do when you're going through turns at ~350 kph).

So while I was impressed about certain things - like some AI drivers weaving left and right to keep some temperature in their tires during a FCY phase, or half the field pitting immediately under FCY - the sim is, in my humble opinion, nowhere near ready to release Racing USA Part 3 (or any new DLC for that matter). People are going to try this exact same combination or similar ones, and they are bound to be disappointed by the atrocious behavior of the AI.

Don't get me wrong, I am not discounting the huge amount of work the team at Reiza has already put into the AI. But the way I see it, there is an underlying issue that requires either a fix for a long-standing issue about the way AI strength scaling works (as well as further significant improvements to their decision-making process with regards to overtaking/being overtaken by the player) - or even a rewrite of at least portions of the AI at a deeper level. Otherwise, I just can't see how this could ever be fixed to a satisfying degree, no matter how much sweat and blood Reiza pour into it.

And the saddest thing about it all for me? I won't even go back to any other sim. I just can't. ACC just feels wrong to me, AC despite having so many quality mods available still has a broken auto-clutch system which makes it impossible for me to drive any H-Shifter cars, Raceroom is IMHO outdated by now in many ways and still requires an always-on connection (a BIG no go for me - and I used to own ALL of its released content at one point in the past), rF2 is mostly made up of heavily outdated (official and modded) content not representative of its real quality if you don't pay and arm and a leg for the latest and greatest DLC (which I refuse to!), and what else is there? The legendary GTR2 just doesn't really cut it anymore in some ways (not even talking about graphics here)... And even the amazing AMS1 can't hold a candle in terms of physics and feedback compared to AMS2.

tl;dr I have been spoiled by AMS2 in so many ways (graphics aside from jagged shadows are mostly flawless, performance is fantastic outside of replays and certain heavily demanding weather/daytime scenarios, etc.), but racing against the AI is just not in the same league - heck, I'm not sure they're even playing the same sport at this point.

So with all of that being said - I still love AMS2 and strongly believe that out of all racing simulations this sim has by far the biggest potential - but I am going to stay away from it for some time. And despite my original plans I also won't be getting any further DLC until the aforementioned issues are fixed.

Over and out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have experienced this as well but a quick fix for me was to set formation lap or the start to manual. Never had any issues in manual so far.

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

I spent an hour over the weekend mucking about at Indy (and Fontana) in the gen2 Indycar with AI set to 100 / aggression Max and I honestly thought they did a decent job. No weird blocking or banging, made for some excellent racing

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Racinglegend1234

Is AI as hit or miss as the defualt setups?

15. mr_belowski

default setup on the gen2 indycar was fine, AI was fine, fun was had, was happy :)

16. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is the aggression setting that is odd. They behave much better at the High / Max aggression than lower.

I think this is a hangover from the Pcars games too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Saying generally with the setups. Certain times people have a lot of fun with them. Other times people say it is very hard to drive. If the devs come in to the forum and tell us how to change it generally, then why didn’t they add those points into the default setup?

18. mr_belowski

one thing that does surprise me a bit with the default speedway & superspeedway setups is how symetrical they are. I would have expected the car to want to turn left all the time, and to have to work the wheel a bit to keep it straight on the straights but you don't have to do this at all

[edit]

even after making the setup *really* asymetical it still seems to happily track straight

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been having a blast on Indy running 100% AI and max aggression usually does work the best. I've been doing 25 labs with 4x tire and fuel. AI pitting has been great. They stop either lap earlier or on the same lap or a lap after and if there is an early caution, some come in and some stay out. AMS2AVX 2022-11-21 10-41-04.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

1. If you do some research, you would find that I agreed with a certain individual who propose an option to turn it off. This has been mentioned awhile ago as well, I don't know where you been.
    2. How do you know it is a complex issue? Do you develop game and are you a programmer? If not, you have zero creditability lol.
    3. An option to turn it off will be sufficient to satisfy everyone.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1