1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Are you meaning d-pad? It does work with gamepad sticks. I can feel the difference. Below 50 is too low for me. I used to have both sens 50, but on straights it was too twitchy because speed sens was too low. 75 on both sens now. I can keep car straight on straights and turning car as I like it, very sensitive and precise with minimal correction. Happy with those settings now. Needs testing with every car. Maybe someday. Mostly drive openwheelers.

So my controller settings if others like to test these settings are:

Steering deadzone 0
    Steering sens 75
    Speed sens 75
    Damping 0
    Other are defaults

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I'm pretty sure you can't save it unfortunately.

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  4. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

1.jpg
    ---
    Have just checked Reizas version of this car out.
    If there is a difference then Reizas version is even more fantastic.;)
    But having falled in love with this car bomb in AC then I dont feel there is any reason keeping AC on my HD anymore - because of Reizas L98T.
    Hehe the only reason should maybe be because of ACs LeMans :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

PCars2 has different settings, unlike AMS2 in PCars2 you cannot adjust steering lock directly, you adjust steering ratio. While in AMS2 one needs to decrease steering lock to make steering less sensitive in PCars2 one needs to increase steering ratio to make steering less sensitive. In PCars2 if you use controller setup as controller you have to figure out the steering wheel range of the car you're using then calculate the proper steering ratio you need to select in the car setup. If you use controller setup as custom wheel you can setup a steering wheel range that will apply to all cars and then choose the appropriate steering ratio in each car's setup.
    In other games like rF1 & AMS1 I set steering wheel range to 300 degrees and steering lock to 15 degrees, 300/15 = steering ratio of 20.0:1. In AMS2 I use different setting because of the built-in filters: controller setup as custom wheel with steering wheel range at 480 degrees and steering lock at 24 degrees, which equals to steering ratio of 20.0:1. In PCars2 I use controller setup as custom wheel with steering wheel range at 480 degrees and set steering ratio of 20.0:1 in the car's setup.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes thank you, I had the ctd with the low downforce and I see they do change for different tracks.

7. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The Senna, BT62 and Z06 are not on street tires. They have been fitted with competition semi-slicks. with only about 10% channeling. They are not recommended for wet conditions.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Can you reset cockpit camera if you tweak those in-game menu? No button anywhere. Or does it reset every time you start your session again. Not meaning when you drive and change camera with wasd buttons. Tested those camera settings people mentioned but there is not enough settings. Didn't looked too good. Tilting camera would be nice. Maybe use default settings after all. Too much hassle. I'll live. :D

9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I have a question, why is the Nissan R390 using the 1997 version as its "Low Downforce" variant? I mean, it obviously had less downforce than the 1998 car but also had a bit more drag and was slower in top speed (326 in 1998 in qualifying vs 319 in 1997) and in general than the 1998 version.

Don't get me wrong, it is extremely cool to have the 1997 version as well but it just feels like a very odd choice to have it as the low downforce variant when it is just the pre-evolution, it does not reflect reality at all.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Racinglegend1234

Check the link
    Project Cars Videos: Project CARS Keyboard Shortcuts (for more information check WMD foruns for an updated version)

11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The UI in the loading screen says "all weather" and the setup UI says "Street." It would explain my issues with "driftability" given a street tire is less grippy and more forgiving in transitions. Given it's intended to be a competition slick, I have no problems with the physics.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

any word on when 1970s Nurburing will be ready?

13. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Currently our vehicle selection Ui can not handle all the tyre the selections seen in the setup screen. It "may" change in the future but please do not hold me to this...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Racinglegend1234

Next month

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Good observation, it would explain the confusion.

• Like Like x 3
  16. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Which cars all support the new Dashboard LEDs for Wheel Lock, Slip, and ABS?

For now I found these 2 cars which support ABS LEDs: Mercedes-AMG GT3 & GT4. And regarding Wheel Lock LEDs I only found the Porsche 911 RSR GTE so far.

Any other car in the game which benefits from this new feature?

17. Newanger

Newanger New Member

Just want to say thank you to the whole Reiza team. What a fantastic update!!! Im new to vr, and this game is just amazingly fun. My favorite racing game! Greetings from Sweden

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow there's some good stuff in this update! Thankyou Reiza!

Just to let you know (as I don't think this has been mentioned yet), ive seen a few folks talk about the sideways characterists of the Street Corvette C8, and yes its definately got a death snap! Maybe this is because there is something off with the steering, as after testing at big lock angles i've found that the soft stocks (which used to be really firm, then they were updated and I moaned about it cause then they were really soft, then they got updated again to firm softlocks and they were then just about perfect) ar'nt there!

They're really nasty hardlocks which knock the wheel right back out the other way but then grab again, I won't try and explain it, just turn wheel to full lock and you'll see what I mean. Also the steering seems bugged in more ways than that. Like it suddenly becomes exponential after a ceratin degree and not linear at all, so maybe the cars physics are spot on but the steering code got screwed up somehow, makes it near impossible to hold it in a sideways drift in the way you'd expect you could.

I love the attention thats been put into different tamrac surfaces! Its a thing you really notice IRL when driving on old, new, slightly different tarmac on different roads but does'nt come through in sims all that well, or not at all. Think Reiza is very, Very good at this, you can really feel it! Especially on the historic circuits compared to very new very smooth and grippy circuits like todays Spa & Monza!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Think thats just a Porsche thing (at least till it becomes a standard thing), its the only car to have it in RF2 aswell. In terms of working dashes, i've found LOADS of cars that now have values that change that were previously static, and you can cycle through the LCD dash screens on many cars you couldnt before. Its brilliant! Especially for VR users who dont want hud display on. Bravo on this Reiza!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving being able to change the fuel map with the wheel now :D

• Agree Agree x 3