1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, the updating for livery packs is needed due to cars otherwise using other cars textures instead, the missing drivers are a different one (and again: will be sorted) ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

One Hundreeeeddd :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

Shame - pretty frustrating to see new content coming out when already launched stuff is so broken.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

rename the folder to ftruck_vulkan, also the xml

• Like Like x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Oh, that worked ! But i still need to wait for the template to be released to know the boundaries.

6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I prefer the option to rain blood.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

If they don't have an option for that with the appropriate soundtrack I'm uninstalling the game :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

It's not what I'd call an upgrade personally...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Can't agree more... amazing video.

Sir, will the McLaren F1 LM and karts get more love or it's all behaving as you want? Abração!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They also said it would take more than a year to build it! That’s my local oval, the 2 mile will be missed.
    Hopefully they’ll race Irwindale next year, it’s less than half mile, but bigger than the temporary Coliseum “track”.
    So I’d guess we’re a long way from an AMS2 half mile.

11. Deuce

Deuce BANNED BANNED

I haven't fired up AMS2 in a while either... Seems they are basically working on tracks... since there are plenty of issues with the core product that prevent this sim from being what it had potential to be and the focus is on tracks, I think it is safe to say this Sim has reached it's limit... if you like having a new version of a track or two an maybe a new one occasionally + a car or two (likely another open wheel or one off) then hang in there... but at some point those become paid DLC's (understandably) and the core is still 80% of what would be a great sim... if the sounds and graphics weren't so good, there would be little reason to even load this sim up once in a while to remind yourself of the core issues... it was a good run but I think it really is more of a hobby for the company now and there are 13 year old sims that are getting more of my attention now with the amazing mods and close racing... it's a shame but I've seen worse... just didn't have the optimism in the 'worst' that I did in this... that's my bad but I'm not alone...

• Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  12. Deuce

Deuce BANNED BANNED

I think the writing is on the wall with where this is headed or better said has ended...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Deuce

Deuce BANNED BANNED

Thinking about this a little more, I feel like the product is mostly limited to a group of folks making mods (tracks and cars) as a focus... if this Sim was open to modding, the community would take care of the tracks and cars (and the community would grow exponentially by drawing in modders from other Sims (I would think)) and the product group would have time to/need to focus on the core... win/win maybe? Wouldn't prevent the product team from having a DLC focused group as well to gen revenue but would maybe regroup the focus on making the best quality sim vs another track/vehicle this month or next or maybe the next... It's easy for this community, it seems by in large, to get excited about a variation of a track or a new track/car but in reality, a survey would say we really want the core to be the bees knees... charge for tracks, charge for cars... fix/enhance the core?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Have a look at any release note.
    What you'll notice is that every single release that's included a track - has also come with a bunch of other features and improvements included.

If you think that Reiza are just working on tracks, then you must have been completely ignoring the development of AMS2 up to this point.

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This game is more than just eye candy and sounds (which are only decent in headphones or a stereo set up, they suck in surround for 80% of the tintops)... AMS2 has great physics with a tyre slip that is far more realistic than the others on the market...

I'd say if you wanted a top of the line SP experience you're probably right... As there's only so much that can be done with the limited CPU resources left over after the player's physics are done... As Reiza knows what is needed in the AI department from their previous sims there's a high chance that there's a limit as to how much further they can take the AI with the Madness engine... Because a lot of the missing AI features were in their previous titles and they've had years to implement them in AMS2...

The MP experience is where the future will really decide if AMS2 has hit it's limit as you see it has... Reiza has never had to touch this side of their sims before because the previous engine came with a robust MP experience and haven't touched the AMS2 MP experience in any meaningful way... So there's a good chance that with the right people on board, or the right information from the right source, Reiza could have the MP side humming within a year...

However I do agree with your thoughts on modding, once the doors are open and information on "how to" for the modders is released then a lot of the content that people want will be taken care of... Allowing Reiza to focus on the core experience and ironing out those Madness bugs...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Deuce

Deuce BANNED BANNED

Yep... I read the releases... a bunch of other features is a bit of a stretch... I can't get there for sure... the good news is they were at least routinely actively providing updates... there are fixes to things that used to work... there is updates to complete the new things that weren't complete in the previous release... new bugs to new things and to things that previously worked... and yes... some odds and ends that actually are feature improvements...

I'm just a simple consumer... AI is messed up (used to be much better but needed work)... single player racing is not good... MP as you mention hasn't been touched... etc. I wish I could rattle off 3 to 5 things out of the last 250 that have been touched that I would say really excites me... but I can't... I'd be curious what your 5 things would be that have improved/been added (not tracks or cars obviously to the point) that really give you optimism... I'd like to have some...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  18. TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429 BANNED BANNED

This is going to be a hot take, and if ya'll ban me, oh well. This game started off very strong, and had a ton of potential, nut now, this game is running on fumes. when the physics engine is being re tuned, and the feel of the cars is being cheapened, then ya'll are just making another clone of every other " Racing Sim " out there. Next issue, the only people ya'll listen to, are the ones that have their noses so far up your rear ends, they are permanently stained with feces, while there are many of us out here, that have ideas that could save this game, but are ignored. The Season Pass is incomplete, and ya'll failed to deliver all of the DLC we paid for, which makes me wonder if ya'll plan to make us pay double for that content. and when you say that a pack is a compilation for a certain region, I fail to see it, maybe one track that people actually care about, and the rest of said pack is just garbage. You state in your dev notes, that you have fixed every car, or modified every car, but it's a lie, as every time, there are several cars that have not been touched since the game first released. and the car list, it's too specific, look, I get it, you like F1, and Indy Cars, but there needs to be more classes, as well as more cars in existing classes, so as there can be actual competition, without it being forced into a one make race. All in all, this game is the Battleship Bismarck, came out swinging, but is doomed to sink. What's worse, is I don't even think ya'll care, ya'll promised so much, and lately, you have delivered nothing. I used to recommend this game a ton, but I can't anymore. this is just a warning, the writing is on the wall, this game will die, the passion has been lost, and the gaming community can see it.

• Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429 BANNED BANNED

I forgot something, every release lately has been incomplete, in the early days, when ya'll released new DLC, it was as close to perfect as can be. Ya'll used to play test the crap outta the DLC, and release it in playable condition. Nowadays, it seems that ya'll release it all in alpha, so full of bugs, that you need to waste time to make an update, to fix the bugs, but ya'll never get to it. Listen, I hope ya'll can get this stuff right, and fix this sinking ship, but I don't see it happening.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Me thinks blood is slippery at first, then gets real sticky. Makes tire choice really tricky!

• Funny Funny x 2