1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The recurring end of month freaking out is real !

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Hey, I think we are lucky to be responded to in a blazing fast time by the developers, try to reach contact with Gran Turismo devs for example, they even do not know we exist in the first place.
    Everyone has a feature or a bug to be implemented or fixed, and as a business Renato is taking the path he believes is the best one right now.
    Gamedev is no joke, when you hear from the dev they are working on something, behind the curtains there is so much more, but there is no point in exposing tests and early development features to the public as it won't have any positive effect on the business.
    I'm saying this to make sure everyone that reads it is on the same page that MP and other major things are indeed being worked on.
    Or do you think Renato doesn't want more reach and acceptance of his sim?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]@john Ellis
    Thanks, John…now I've just rediscovered this gem:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Man, I mean you no harm. Let's enjoy the sim and let everyone have their opinion.

5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

REIZA never says the year :eek:
    So who knows if they mean February 2023, 2024, 2223, 4446, 8888, ....

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the article is too long:whistle:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  7. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes and Reiza always manages to surprise me. There is always something I didn't expect. So I'll just wait and be surprised :).

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TischKadaver

TischKadaver New Member AMS2 Club Member

7cwgnb.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You have any real knowledge about the engine or you are only posting an invent based on your perception of the game? xDD

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

By now, Reiza has enough experience with AMS2 to put out reasonable deadlines. Nobody is forcing deadlines on them. Maybe add a few weeks cushion so we get earlier-than-expected updates instead of late ones. That way we’re not left standing at the bus stop holding our suitcases waiting for a bus that’s not coming.lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Formula Ultimate Gen.2 at Suzuka is just a thrill ride. So exciting and awesome :D

(not to start a sim-war but I prefer it to the latest official Mercedes F1 on iRacing, it's that fun :))

• Like Like x 2
  12. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, we've been through this enough for none of us to expect it "on time." Not complaining, I have no idea about the complexities of software development, just setting realistic expectations. Their tendency has been to release the actual update 1-3 weeks late, occasionally even later depending on the size of the update.

I've had plenty of times in my own industry seeing basically "all but officially announced" things fall through last minute. :confused:

• Like Like x 4
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not to derail the thread, but are the F1 cars getting good grids in iRacing? I might hop back to that money blackhole once I get rid of all my current time constraints

14. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Not too sure, I just jumped into Test Drive. I'll try take a look later :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Funny thing for me with some simracers clamoring for new content: I've barely made it through most of the updates in December or what ever it was.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Nope, they are not. A Class in this week, only official from 17 to 21 gmt, with no more than 15 drivers, sometimes 7. This is for the fixed, open is worse.

The tour (NIS-like series, long races with a close to real world schedule) has not started. It had a decent participation last year, but not huge (2-3 splits max).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would not like to extend this subject further until he returns because he will return but come on.

Answering your first paragraph yes it is and will be repetitive, every time it is necessary for someone like you to question me and try to defend something or in some way say "we already know that" I will be here to remind them and be repetitive as I will be now, I bought it a product and I have that right.

Responding to your second paragraph, yes I know this is a topic of DLCs and development reports, but you with your vast experience forget two things.
    The first is that this is a main topic, and most who complain here have already complained there in the bug topics, here there is much more attention and people reading Reiza created this expectation in people, if the dev log did not have content, 90% here I wouldn't read the improvement report the chance of something being questioned here is much greater, if the game had improved we probably wouldn't have complaints here.
    According to the person who is dissatisfied with the corrections made, they end up coming to these topics with the hope that those huge reports of corrections that 80% here don't understand almost nothing that are there solve their desires, 3 days after the euphoria the disappointments begin to appear because nothing has changed in practice, adding that with the report comes more content and they start to question, if you don't fix what you have, why launch more content? that's why me and another group complained here, or if the game was 80% would anyone complain about having more content in a DLC topic?

Your last paragraph, if a DLC thread has a lot of people complaining, it would be weird for a Bugs thread to have praise don't you think?

Instead of wasting energy with someone who seems like a problem for you, spend it answering and helping with the game's problems, I guarantee that in a few months you will forget that I for example exist here and several others, make the people in the Bugs topics feel heard and that your complaints are really taken seriously, do you want us to be constructive?
    End the beta forum exclusivity, open it up for everyone to give their opinion, be "constructive" in the situation the game is in, the more people participate, the faster they will make it round.
    Before I finish, pay attention to how the forum is working, the problems of people talking about something in the wrong places, it's not theirs, it's the structure of the forum itself...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

So much for iRacing being the "best place to race F1 cars if you want realism" or what was it that people were telling me. No point in trying it when barely anyone even plays the F1 cars there. Back when F1 2021 came out i even made a picture comparing the costs between playing F1 21 (or now 22) and iRacing with the F1 car.
    271158650_5295180970496853_6253773409423695388_n.jpg

• Informative Informative x 5
  19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just want them to fix the bugs that they've brought into the game

-Boost gages having the needles disappear
    -Oval racing ai breaking on races with more than 99 laps
    -Snetterton and (and another track I believe) being unusable for some reason.
    -Cars missing drivers from the cockpit (or otherwise having them glitch out)
    -Pit speed limit rules not being unusable in championship mode.
    -Formula Retro Gen 4 treating the McLaren's like a separate class

The game was in a much better place technically pre the Christmas patch, so I'm hoping this corrects all of these issues and more considering its been 2 months.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

TLDR hoping for a spring cleaning patch

• Agree Agree x 6