1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Only some of the cars with real in-car displays have been made operational in the game to date, and, there are many real cars with adjustments (via knobs, usually) that do not have a corresponding dash display. So, even when Reiza is all done, not sure these messages can ever be done away with. Even if you had a proper controller/button box with the appropriate dials and knobs, you'd have to be able to physically see them, which you can't if you are using VR.

2. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Steering lock refers to tyre turning to one side or both sides? If it is to one side, the steering range should be both sides, so the steering ratio 480/2/24=10
    (Strangely, the steering lock of GT/V8 touring car was 20 before, but now it is 16)

3. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The TLDR is that how the game reads gamepad inputs changed slightly, so if you're unhappy with your controller calibration and were happier with how the cars controlled before, you should increase your controller dampening.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nissan R89C - Low downforce causing CTD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After I delete the C disk profile, I directly enter the game, The steering lock is still 16. But when I rebind all, it's back to 20:rolleyes:

6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Formula Vintage gen 1 is not helmet activate...

Is there any documentation on driver outfits yet? I've looked in a few override xmls and haven't seen anything...

Loving the Nissan's and Brazilian legends... Each has such a unique feel to drive...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fantastic update and a great NYE present, thanks Renato and team!
    Been playing around for a few hours, here's a few of my observations:
    • Jerez and Cascais are fantastic, I won't be driving the modern variants of these tracks again :) . Looking forward to classic Bathurst and Nuerburgring next year.
    • Godzilla is perfect in every way. What a blast. In fact all the Nissans are tip top.
    • The BT62 and the Senna both get the chef's kiss from me. Beautiful looking and sounding, and awesome to drive
    • The C8Z06 is an enjoyable drive but its engine noise is way too quiet compared to the other cars in its class. Incidentally, the Ultima GTR and the Macca F1 both handle like absolute dogs compared to the Vette.
    • The ability to map both paddle and stick to change gears works perfectly, and now I don't need to fire up Joy2Key (still money well spent for several years though).
    • The reduction on AI jerkiness is noticeable and welcome, as is their ability to pass on straights. They still urgently need to come off the bloody grass as my Nan used to say . It seems that the spline for each car is calculated for the centre of the car, and simply doesn't take into account any AI wheels off the track. The additional bonus is that AI driving off track leads to jerky framerates, particularly if they take out markers and posts or hit each other (in fact collision physics causes framerate drops regardless).
    • AI of any class are still very overpowered relative to the player at Oulton Park.
    Looking forward to seeing what my favourite sim racing developers come up with in 2023!

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

That's fair enough, but it'd be nice to have the option to hide these messages if we choose, as was the case a few versions ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Good catch. I did a quick race with the new Gen 3 class and found it a little curious that Senna (or whatever his "alt" is in the default AI) started somewhere way behind me (I started 18th). But he was able to pass quite a few cars in my 10 lap race, so I guess the AI overtaking is improved. :)

10. sparco

sparco Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all,
    Congrats, once more, for this amazing job from Renato & the all Reiza team on this release !
    just 2 comments:
    - the MP/6 V12 Honda's onboard sound in (very) low rpm seems to me too 'syntetic' (we don't have this effect on Ferrari's)
    - Could we have, for a next release, an updated track view with more flibys ? Reiza's sounds are the best but we don't enjoy as much due to too much front views (maybe less cameras with a larger following view from front to far back - as a IRL spectator ou TV shot as it is for the Spa's Pouhon double left handed view)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR buddies (from Paris/France)

edit
    the size of the wipers seems to change depending on the position on the windscreen (on action)(all cars except those with a windscreen strip)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  11. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

They use the same cockpit hud for the MP4/5b and MP4/6 but the MP4/6 has a different RPM scale begins by 8000 up to 15000

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

Thanks Reiza, loving this new content, especially Senna's McLaren's.

I still can't resume any saved championships though, is it just me that's having this problem? When I click the start button nothing happens :(

13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes please reiza, i would love to turn off those messages in vr, even if it was a setting.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems strange that no major youtubers are covering update?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Ape-xer-75

Ape-xer-75 New Member

Unfortunately I have to agree on these.

First of all, I do like AMS2. It is currently my favourite sim, especially because of the good VR support and the lively FFB.

There are also many cars in AMS2, that sound very nice in my ears. For example the Group C Sauber Mercedes and the GT1 Mercedes. With those 2, you can clearly hear the distinctive roar of a cross plane crank V8 and it's deep intake sound. Especially in the Sauber Mercedes. When you floor it at low rpm, you can hear the intake sound and when you lift the throttle, it eases out. There is depth in the sound and it is very dynamic.

For the new Nissan GT3, the distinctive whirr of a Nissan V6 is not there at all. Just distant humming a bit like a vacuum cleaner. Unfortunately the same goes for the other 2 Nissans, the GT1 and the Group C. The sound is somehow too distant/muffled and the crisp engine note itself is not actually audible.

The sound of all the new super-/hypercars are way too muffled. Especially for the Corvette Z06, as the guy above points out. They sound like you would have earplugs and a helmet on. For some, that might feel "realistic", but I would definitely like to hear the beautiful engine notes of those cars. Yes, the Corvette is a road car and road cars have sound insulation and restrictive exhausts, but still, this is not at all what you would hear inside a real Corvette Z06.

I am not here to whine, but just hoping for improvements to the sounds. For me, the sounds are just as important as the handling of the car. In a sim, I can enjoy a car whose interior looks bad, if it has an inspiring sound and handles nicely. But I cant enjoy a car, if it sounds bad, no matter how it looks or handles.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

It’s such a huge update, they need some time. Simracing 604 already did a short upload, when Renato announced the update, but only touched on making modders lives, a little easier.

• Like Like x 2
  17. lukester

lukester Trey Ulbraking AMS2 Club Member

Well, it is in Norfolk...

• Funny Funny x 9
  18. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Agreed! Please remove these vehicle adjustment messages when the HUD is disabled. It defeats the purpose of having an option to turn off the HUD, especially when you change the break bias and it shows three popup messages.

19. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im not major but according to Youtube im officially a content creator now (yay me!).
    I would'nt usually do any kind of review until i've had a good couple of days of testing but, yesterday I did run a livestream on the update, testing the old content aswell as the new to see whats changed (You can find it under my videos in the 'Live' section).

I will be running another one today which will be a live server focusing on the Hypercars over some long practice sessions (to see what can be done setup wise) and some race sessions, as im really quite impressed with them, and I'd rather focus on one or two cars at a time to really get to know them in detail! So if you're interested pop along and join in if you like.

Also later tonight I'll be running a server that will be, shall we say, a little different! Its New Years Eve and there will be alot of folks online with a lot of booze inside them by the evening so serious racing will probably not be possible.... So I've got a plan for that, which should be very funny, everyone can join in, and it won't matter if you've had a few New Years Tipples and are driving a little skewed!;)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know right! But its my local track and I hopoe it gets fixed soon as it's one of my favorites! Spent a whole day there years ago watching all manner of racing series, it was great!
    There was no snow though!