1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

the senna seems odd too, when you have the tc kicking in all the time at 250kph+ you know something is not right

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know what you said, and I know what you mean, and I'm not bothered about it. The only difference is that I think the steering lock only represents the angle at which the tire rotates to one side.
    In ACC, the steering ratio is basically 14-15, which is also matched.
    tyre.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the new tyre tread has done something

4. João Henrique Penna Reis

João Henrique Penna Reis New Member

Thanks, Much better! Still a sugestion for an improvment in replays for future Developments from Reiza. Happy New Year everybody!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Don’t think they can change the replay system much. Apparently it is a madness engine limitation and would need to be redeveloped from the ground up

• Like Like x 1
  6. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Maybe I can't drive it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Every car is unique and needs a lot of time to drive quickly

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

More testing has proven that on faster corners, particularly off throttle, it wants to come round like a rear engined 911. It can be mitigated by increasing enging braking and playing with speed sensitivity. Having said that it is a road car so it shouldn´t be taking bends much above 140kph easily.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

So which tyres should the new HyperCars actually have? The ones fitted look like slicks to me , couldn't see any tread or grooves on close inspection of a replay.
    I would of thought they would have to have road legal tyres as per real life ?

10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Felt a lot more stable to me today... Between Reiza drip-feeding fixes for all the cars and me learning to actually drive them half decently, it always works out in the end.

11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

What I like and notice so far is that the AI seems to improve as far as not crashing into you and making logic moves. They don't drive and follow each other like a bunch of robots in a straight line. They appear to scatter throughout the track position wise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It has 315mm wide semi-slicks and 789bph. Theres always going to be intervention. You could always reduce TC as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. ANJAROO

ANJAROO New Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else notice a very harsh noise with the Nissan GT3? I think it's supposed to be engine noise but it's more like some sort of scratching sound. Really enjoying that car otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

It'll take a while to get used to the new cars (yay!), but somehow the Brabham BT62 is my favourite sounding and I like the last McLaren over the MP4-4 :eek::eek:

Game so good :):D

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That’s my point, the tires are similar in construction so there is no reason why you shouldn’t be able drift with the corvette, if the others cars can. The only real difference is the vette’s rear tires are much wider and have more grip available. With more grip, comes more strain on the sidewall and I imagine its the sidewall fighting back which is causing the snap.

In order to adjust the rear traction and reduce it for more drift control, pressure, camber and toe are some things you can try.

16. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The engine restriction relates to the inability to skip to specific points in replays, which is due to how LiveTrack works. What @João Henrique Penna Reis is asking for is merely that the existing "TV" camera views also be available in VR. (VR trackside replays place you in the stands or side of track as if you were actually stood there, so you get a static rather than TV type view). Whilst in VR we can use cockpit and chase view etc, "trackside" view is as above and so different to what a monitor user sees. In VR we can 'pan' our heads of course, but we can't zoom in or out. (Unless there's some control that few are aware of).

• Like Like x 1
  17. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

The new Corvette looks amazing, sounds amazing (when not in cockpit :p), and drives wonderfully (when you remember it's not a race car:D )

It does not, however, like touching the grass on the outside of 'the bend' at Road America, and hitting the inside wall :eek:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Hmmm, maybe it was really my fault, C8 is crazy during some high speed stuff and you need to be prepared. Makes sense, Nordschleife is not your typical road to job. :D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that I've had time to play with all the new toys, it's spectacular! I love everything from the legendary McLaren's, to the "down to earth" Z06. The highlight for me though has to be the two Brabham grand prix cars, a complete yin and yang for me.

The BT49 feel planted, it almost feels "easy" especially compared to the BT52. The BT52 is one of the most insane vanilla experiences I've had in a sim. It is terrifying and I love it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I know how to set all that stuff up for drifting, only been doing it for far too long LOL! Theres only 0.1 of a degree of toe on the rear anyhow so theres nithing to adjust there anyhow.

Like I said this car has a major issue, and I've just found out why! Infact I've captued it on my Livestream tonight! See I was'nt getting this in the Hypercars at all. That is until today when we all wanted to go sidways so I setup up my Brab with max lock steering in setups! Guess what? Its on that car to!

Set to max lock and your steering wheel will be banging like a sledge hammer! You try It, but watch your hands!

I suddenly realised that i'd changed the Vettes sterring to max lock to try and drift it, which is why I did'nt notice it the first time I drove it as it was on default lock.

What i've noticed is all that both the Brab and the Vette have the biggest lock ratios ive seen that you can set in the game. 36! Set the steering to a couple of degrees less than this and it goes away! I've not tried the Macka yet but if it goes to 36 then I'll bet my backside it bangs like an oldschool raver on a tonne of Mitsubishis aswell!

Seems either the Madness engines FFB has a fit at anything above about 34/5 lock ratio, or its just these cars. But I don't think i've seen another car that allows for 36 to test it again..

See this is why I think i'd be reasonably good at beta testing!