1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

A rollback on that car doesn't seem possible... Since it's a new car... With a longstanding bug from the Madness engine that was in other titles...

Snetterton could have a rollback option... But much like adding anything to a title... You can break what worked before by adding new content or new coding... It even could be connected to the new options for setting up a race weekend like pit speeds...

I guess you missed the decade plus development of rF2 where they went from crap buggy AI to really good AI and then back to the buggy AI when S397 took over... That only got fixed this year and still there's plenty of reports of that jerky on off the throttle/brakes behaviour...

2. GreatAsaf

GreatAsaf New Member

Hi everyone! I searched through the forums for an answer, but to no avail. Does the BT52 have any startup sound? On my install, it does not make any sound...

And do the fuel and boost gauges work on this car?

Best regards

3. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And in quite a few races he was driving better than Piquet, but failed to finish. Just finishing the race in that era was a challenge in of itself. Half the grid retired during Long Beach, and for most races nearly 1/3 the grid if not more would wind up retiring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i was talking about the opala stockcar which took over a month to get a fix in last update, not the Nissan Group C

5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

New stuff got added... Same reasoning for the Opala as for Snetterton...

Bug squashing doesn't involve a buzzing insect which makes it easy to find and squash... It involves lots of sifting through code to find the issue... Then lots of attempts to fix it...

If bug squashing was easy AMS2 would have a top of the range MP experience and rF2 would of been great a decade ago...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Even though it was a failure I so so want to drive the 2015 LMP1 Nissan, so unique and silly it makes it unironically cool for me, and the DPI class is lonely with only one car so I'd be down for both

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Imola 2001 is forever damp for me, with all time, weather and livetrack presets settings I've tried the track starts wet. The UV map for the R89C seems broken, very weird stuff going on on the rear wheel covers. Also reminder that there's UV overlap on the f-ult g2 endplates, be nice if it was fixed since there's hectares of empty space on the textures.

8. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

as an exclusively multiplayer player myself it's clear that the people claiming that there should be no bopping of any kind are not primarily multiplayer players, nobody who drives in leagues etc would say such a thing, so if you are not a multiplayer player then stop trying to force your single player ideas onto mulitplayer, people don't try to force multiplayer stuff onto you

giving race organisers the options to add ballast/restrictors etc (bopping) is essential for any game that runs online

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

you got drivers and helmets, so they left out a wheel. don't be too greedy!;)

but it is an old bug of the madness engine. when you lose a wheel in training/qualifying, game sends you on track without tyre in next session if you had skipped the one before.

10. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

That reminds me, the hotfix solved the drivers missing if you are using custom liveries in some of the Formula categories? I'm not abble to check now.

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

No, it did not, at least for me. Got a small hotfix of some megabyte today. No idea what it was for.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Custom liveries need to be reworked in order to be link to the right formula gens due the new naming/sorting...

13. Turbo Granny

Probably the broken R89 low downforce variant.

14. Turbo Granny

The classic Gen 1 got changed? I got missing drivers on that one.

15. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think a broken Snetterton should be advertised as a feature, not a bug. ;)

• Funny Funny x 9
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

exactly, another thing is, most of those people like the differences, because its a simulator, but for example the pit limiter on the road/hypercars need to be removed then as well....because...you know...its a simulator.

but your exactly on point, in a league/multiplayer with several cars in a class, you need to have them balanced.

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The Lotus 98T has it's own car now. Ianez, who made the 1986 livery mod for this class, has already uploaded a new version at RD. But when you use custom liveries in any Formula_Classic, there are no drivers inside the car. This is caused by Reiza, not the modders. Guess this will be fixed quite soon.

Gen1 has the 98T as new car
    Gen2 has the McLaren MP4/4
    Gen3 (new class) has the MP4/5
    Gen4 (the former Gen3) has the MP4/6. You gotta rename all your xml-files if you are using the 91 liveries for the old Gen 3

18. Turbo Granny

Yeah thats the exact one I'm using, updated and still no drivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is a bug. Occurs in all F_Classic classes with custom liveries. We gotta wait for a patch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza, please improve poor MP, for almost 3 years since the game was launched, little has been done. Give the possibility to add functions that already existed in pCARS2 or skip the sessions of the race weekend. Voting to kick players doesn't work even on everyone votes to kick in session.
    Prioritize this area because eSPORTS is already alive, it Isn't future and it's the only way to expand your Racing-SIM out there.

thx Reiza

• Agree Agree x 3