1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

that sound though!!! Loving the mp4/5b

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If only you knew what sort of workload & hours everyone has had over the past 6 weeks (and beyond) you wouldn't make such comments! Some of the guys are still working well into the new year when they should be on break and with their families. Renato even took his G27 with him on his travels and was doing updates and hotfixs from the hotel. Relax it's a 3D model swap that will most likely be changed in the near future. And I write all this to you at 5am in the morning from some hotel room somewhere whilst trying to take a two day holiday with my family..

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    • Winner x 25
    • Friendly x 11
    • Like x 9
    • Agree x 4
    • Optimistic x 1
  3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The discussion about which R390 model should be LDF or HDF is a bit pointless anyway, given that both cars were Le Mans only efforts. The 98 version is an evolution of the 97 one in all fronts, not an LDF version of the base model. Reiza found a way to include both models into the game, fine by me.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, that's fair. I definitely know little to nothing on what it takes to get all this stuff to work.(Although I do wish I could learn more about it.)

I'm sorry for being so brash.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Sure, but adding both 97 and the 98 as separeted model would be probably bad because of the 40 liveries limit thing, so now they need to find a way that makes a bit more sense. I think it makes a bit more sense making the longtail the low downforce variant, since it has less drag for top high speed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

It's here! Praised be the real cheese people all around the world! Happy new year!

cheese.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you set a too high rating requirement and your friends did not meet the criteria?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do agree that integrating 97 and 98 models in one entry and pretending they are one was a good idea. I would also prefer the long bodywork as the LDF. But it's not something big in my books, as it's straying away from reality in one way or another, just for a better fit in game

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The McLaren MP4/5b is absolutely sublime, one of the best openwheelers now in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Agreed, it's not something that needs an urgent fix or something, but worth to talk about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I work as a software developer, not gaming but there are plenty of similarities when working with the code. For example:
    • A thing that looks simple change for end user can mean a lot of changes under the hood as there are often functions connected or affected by this relatively simple change. Or it causes something unexpected elsewhere. Remember, sometimes even changing some output text can be difficult.
    • Software can be buggy. You'd do one thing and expect the output but there's something weird going on. At that point you have no way of telling whether it's something you've done wrong, or it's the software. And you're likely to waste plenty of time to "fix" your code and eventually come up with a proof of the software bug. This can take a while. Remember the sticky diff?
    • Often a relatively simple thing that can be added quickly gets parked as it would have to be reworked again after something else gets developed. So it's not done now as it's a waste of development time.
    Now imagine all of those changes have to implemented in a complex and complicated, in-house system with little understanding apart from the people who actually put it together and which you've acquired not so long ago. It's a tough ask to do anything and yet Reiza gets stuff done.

I just know how difficult this task is and how much sweat, cursing and tears is put so we can enjoy AMS2. I'm massively grateful and please continue doing what you're doing - as you're doing great. Keep it up guys and guyettes ;)

• Like Like x 21
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Crash To Desktop

13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see. My bad.

Remember the vast majority of us are sort of outsiders looking in. That's why I hope they do the backing program again. I want to learn what goes on behind the scenes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you are overestimating what backers can see.

Anyway, even though I complain a lot on this forum, I can vouch that backing Reiza is worth every penny.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Papão

Papão New Member

Hi @FS7. Try deleting your controller settings file and starting fresh. It worked for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

From an audio perspective, the MP4/5B is the star of the show in the sim so far. Possibly any sim IMHO. So visceral, full of depth, with so much character. It whispers in your ear 'full throttle you wuss'.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

The only full long term solution is to have enough 97 and 98 cars at some point in the (probably very distant) future to split them in seperate classes. For now it is probably best to have it changed around like @Coanda mentioned to have the 97 model in the game as well and not have that work go to waste.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The open wheelers in AMS2 are imo now the best in all of sim racing with only RSS and VRC mods coming close.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I did that and controls still feel exactly the same as before the update, built-in filters/dampers that cannot be turned of are still there, there's still delay in the inputs, there's still no vibration when going over curbs or bumps. I've already posted a bunch of info about this in the gamepad support thread.
    Also, even though I only deleted the controller settings file the game reset a bunch of other settings that have nothing to do with controls, like gameplay/realism settings, hud settings, camera settings, settings I used in my last single player race, test day settings. Restoring the old controller settings profile didn't help at all and I had to reconfigure everything.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm in love with the new cars, they feel so good to drive

Can't wait to see whats next for 2023 especially knowing that edurance will get some focus, hoping that we can race with 50 cars, mid race save on the track and legendary endurance cars

Here's my ridiculous wishlist (sugestion [and yes i know reiza need a lot of new licenses for those])

1969 sports cars : ford gt MK2 and MK4, ferrari P4, porsche 908 and a lola cuz why not
    1970's a lola, ferrari 512 m and porsche 917
    group c being divided in 4 gens

grp C Gen 1: Porsche 956, Lancia DC2 and Jaguar XJR-5
    gen 2: what we already have + Jaguar XJR-9 and toyota 88-cv or 90-cv
    gen 3: peugeot 905, mazda 787B, Jaguar Jxr-11 mercedes C-11, nissan r90
    Gen 4: peugeot 905 evo, toyota ts010 and mazda rx-792P and nissan r92cp

more gt1: panoz and elise gt1 and why not a ferrari f50gt
    lmp from 1999-2000 Audi R8C, BMW V12 LMR, Toyota TS020, Cadillac lmp1, panoz LMP1 and Mercedes CLR (dont need to fly though)

90's to early 2000's GT2: Lister Storm, a ginetta, Viper GTS-r, Corvette C5-r, ferrari 550 GT

LMP900: audi r8, courage and a lola, bentley speed 8
    Lmp2 from mid 2000's: lola and the pesnke porsche

mid to late 2000's gt1: Corvette C6r, aston DBr9, saleen s7r, murcielago rgt
    mid to late 200'0s gt2: Panoz, porsche 911
    2010's lmp1: toyota ts030, peugeot 908, audi r10, and that lola aston martin
    2010's gte: Ferrari 458gt2, BMW m3 GT2 (those 2 are also on brasilian endurance), an aston and a c7r
    modern LMP1: toyota TS050, audi r18 and porsche 918
    modern lmp2: the oreca 07 (could put more but the 07 is the most used)
    modern gte: ferrari 488, the new aston and ford gt gte
    and the new LMH and LMDh

i know its hard to get all those licences but if we get half of those in the future id cry really hard (I'm a sucker for endurance racing)

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3