1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Mid-race saves are the common request for endurance (and one I entirely vouch for) but I'm curious about if, assuming the AI gets some more I by the time it's implemented, that being able to let AI control your car like in the old gMotor 1 games like GTR2 or AMS1 would be a possible addition
    I think it'd be neat for simulating multi-driver stints or just to spectate an AI race

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yea and race with up to 50 cars

i put that in my mega comment wishlisting the whole world lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Funny, I've been in love with that thing lately, fast as hell when the engine wasnt busy blowing up :D
    Specially the 85 model I think it looks the best.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, but there is something you forgot...

Group 6!

Some of my absolute favorite racing cars come from Group 6. We need another representation of the Renault A442B!! I mean just look at it! 58d88b3be6e30721a74007b454e0e57c.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Turbo Granny

One of my favorites in PC2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless I'm interpreting wrong, this is already possible. Enable driver swap in the in-car pit settings menu before going in for a pit stop, and when the mechanics let you go the AI should take over. If you want the AI to drive multiple stints, disable the driver swap. The next time they come into the pits with driver swap enabled, you'll take control again. I think I've done a 4-hour race where I let the AI do one or two stints. Mind you, the AI driver's skill level might not be on the same level with yours, so you may end up losing positions, but I guess that's kinda realistic depending on the team and drivers.

I don't know if this works in multiplayer in any way, but I'm guessing it doesn't. I know swapping between human drivers doesn't.

Edit: Recommend testing out the feature before committing to a 24-hour race with it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

true!!! those are gorgeous machines

I also forgot group 5 those machines are a blast

also late 50's le mans cars are very intersting

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I'd like an option to start testing on optimally warm tires. I would also like an option to have a ghost car in my test session. Can be for session only and not saved.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Hey, hope I'm not completely out of whack posting in this thread, but I notice the audio render distance is low at Cascais Historic. The car engines seem to pop in. Is there a fix in the settings for this?

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think something like this would be great for single and multiplayer because it could allow the players a way to figure out a BoP if they so chose while taking work off Reiza in the long run to make sure everything is balanced for MP. They could get each car to perform to its true to life self and with ballast and air restrictor options leave it up to the players to decide if and how they want to balance things.

I've said something similar to this a while ago, and how I was even asking for it with PC2. The tools are there in the setups. If something could even be added to say the custom AI files, or for MP give a server owner or lobby owner the ability to apply BoP settings for the classes they are taking on track would be really nice. That way everyone is happy. People who want balance between cars can get that, and people who want cars untouched can get that as well too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Nice list, I’m here for the older cars, CART and the Senna cars seem fun. There’s a ways too go, some stuff seem simple to fix, hope it happens always wonder why some done get fixed, that’s a little scary

12. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

These would be my favs on your list

mid to late 2000's gt1: Corvette C6r

ford gt MK2 and MK4

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

-1 = Group5 those were iconic cars

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this has little to do with AMS 2. but I need to say this, rest in peace Ken Block. Thank you for everything youve done for the racing community. 1546304439_5239915973001_5239897815001-vs.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 20
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Wait. What. He died? Gonna look it up. Ah, snowmobile accident.. Oof. May be Rallye in the heaven. Didn't like his gymakahana stuff in Dirt 3, but he surely was fun to watch.

16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Trialled most cars a couple laps each, this is what I have to say.

Liked the BT49, but fell in love with the BT52 and the 98T, they are brutal and exhilarating, the BT52 being more driveable, the 98T such an insane beast that it's hard to find where its true limits lie. MP4/4 and 6 were surprisingly planted and easy to get into in default setups, but the 5b is a punishing beast. Coupled with its beautifully recreated V10 sound, it quickly became my favourite of the McLarens.

Gave the Nissans a go. The GT3 is...well...a GT3. Well done IMO, but it just lacks character, and that's a thing of the cars, Reiza simply did their jobs and did it well. Not my cup of tea.

Both the R89 and the R390 suffer the same issue, and that is sound balance. The engine is toned down and the tyre effects are too loud and with little progression, specially the lateral sound, as when you get close to the slip point they squeal really loud and easily cover the engine note. I hope they revise this because it really takes away from the experience of driving these beautiful cars.

I'm so happy to have an old version of both Jerez and Estoril, specially the latter, which was so much better in the 80s! Will blast lots of old cars around those places, and I'm eager to trial the old Bathurst.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Speaking of option, how about a pre-set events for weather, dates, rules, tracks and cars option. If not, please provide an option to save those events. I am just tired of having to redo everything over and over again. Developers need to think about how to add options in the menu to make life easier. All we get are constant updates on physics, tracks, cars, FFB, which is nice....but at some point, it's important to recognize this game is still bare bone as far as adding features, bells and whistles and just basic modes to make it stand out...two years or so later, the championship is still bare bone imo, there is no career mode and the multiplayer isn't appealing.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

85 model? Isn't that just the HD model? Or is the HD nose just slightly longer than previous HD noses?

19. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can already do this and have been able to since release. It's in the ICM menus I believe. You just adjust the swap driver setting and after a few seconds the AI will take over.

20. Turbo Granny

Yeah it's just the non Le Mans variant from 85, the headlights are better integrated and the front intake is less round and it just looked better.
    [​IMG]
    in 83 it looked like that
    [​IMG]

in Le Mans it used a short front end from what I understand.
    [​IMG]

If someone knows better about that car feel free to correct me because I'm curious myself.

• Friendly Friendly x 2