1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

And at the end of those years it'll be worth the effort... Because the other option is AMS2 remaining a small niche title that doesn't get the revenue to flesh out the SP side of the title because the smart business decision would be to move on to AMS3 with a different MP code from the beginning...

It's no where near saturated enough... Just look at the hordes of people waiting on Rennsport... Sim Racing is all about the online simulated environment... Those who only play offline are the minority within the sim racing community... Hence stuff like AI is usually not a priority... Most people get sick of gaming the AI in any sim to beat them at some point and move on to competing against other drivers instead of codes that are never a perfect representation of a real life brain inside a body controlling a car...

If AMS2 had an MP experience that was up to date it wouldn't be lagging at the bottom of the active user lists on steam... The AI is good enough with certain cars and tracks now that other titles AI look pretty bad... And we haven't seen any massive jump in numbers without content...

With a modern MP experience AMS2 would jump up the rankings very quickly...

They took years working on the physics that were absolutely terrible in the pCARS series...

Pouring years into another integral part of sim racing is a natural development...

But like I said above, after years of AI tweaks the sim is now in a totally different condition to when it first came out... There are many car/track combos where the AI works brilliantly... And we haven't seen a spike in numbers outside of content releases... The next step for more profits is either to improve the MP side or move on to AMS3 with a better MP experience from the get go...

Having a sim racing title without a modern MP experience or featuring a major series with all the cars and tracks and releasing DLC for it will bring in profits... But no where near the amounts that are possible from a modern MP experience...

Some of my favourite league events are where the fast group only gets to choose the slower cars...

Spending a season in a 91 Scuderia Italia is some of my most fond memories of rFactor 1...

I'll always argue against BOP as a result... Give me realism dammit, if that means one car is slower than another so be it...

Giving the race organisers the options however is something I advocate for... Another big favourite past time in the rFactor series was success ballast ala the old BTCC... So this would also allow that to happen as well as allow those who want BOP to do it the way they see fit saving Reiza the time of trying to find a middle ground for the cars at all tracks...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Rally and RX communities owed him a debt we could never repay. This hits me hard because his videos are partly why I got into simracing. I saw him race just six months ago, just absolutely gutted to think that was one of his last.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Do you tell people with a sad face to smile? :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

35035641280_ed8b5527dc_b.jpg
    To the Batmobile!

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Getting some bug splats and CTD now in latest build.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There is more context needed please.
    (Car, track, settings, game mode etc.)

7. 2ndLastJedi

Does sending the bug splat not give those details?
    It was overcast race weekend, qualifying at 3pm, the 4 cylinder turbo Brabham (I can't remember the class) at classic Kyalami full grid of 23 Ai at 110 difficulty.
    5760x1080@ 144Hz, max setting (but with environmental reflections on medium) MSAA high, v-sync off, g-sync on.
    Edit: BT52.

• Informative Informative x 5
  8. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Arc won't leave the pits, totally stuck for me on a race weekend with p q and race. Anyone having this issue too? I think it happed at Campo Grande.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

Just done a test day at Suzuka classic in the MP4/5B, light cloud, at 13.00 on 3/1/23. The front right tyre temperature was fluctuating wildly, and it wore down much faster than the other tyres despite the fact that Suzuka is a clockwise circuit that should see the lefts wear quicker than the rights. Not tested it at any other circuits yet.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scar666

I noticed something similar with the V12 McLaren... The right front flickered a lot and wore down quicker...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Suzuka is a figure-8, so it's half clockwise and half counter clockwise, and there are a lot of fast left handers plus the hairpin, so I could see the right front wear faster. Do other cars' tires wear differently on Suzuka?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Like Iracing or not they’ve set the bar as far as a complete sim. They’re not perfect and a few things that need addressing. Will see what route Rennsport will take as there’s been enough sims to take the best from all and make the ultimate sim. And life in general you get what you pay for so before people start spouting out about Rennrenting, having a bigger staff and top people in the industry , it’s not free

13. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing update, congrats Reiza.

About the engine sounds, I feel like maybe the mclarens need more punch or bestiality in the cockpit camera. You can hear sounds examples from other games:

Compare:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My favorite combo in iRacing is racing the Group C cars against the AI at Kyalami in the rain. They've really managed to nail that combo during the 20 years since the company was founded in 2003.

• Funny Funny x 6
  15. Scar666

I find that to be a problem across a lot of cars, especially tin tops...

16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imagin would have happened, if the update had been released first minute after holydays.;)

17. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

a very educated response, deflecting

18. Matt Holehouse

Matt Holehouse New Member

[QUOTE="Gabriel "Pai" Legnini, post: 217576, member: 18859"

Both the R89 and the R390 suffer the same issue, and that is sound balance. The engine is toned down and the tyre effects are too loud and with little progression, specially the lateral sound, as when you get close to the slip point they squeal really loud and easily cover the engine note. I hope they revise this because it really takes away from the experience of driving these beautiful cars.

I am really surprised this hasn't been raised by more people. The sound levels for all the tin tops that have been added are off. The car and engine levels in cockpit view are way down. So you have to turn the volume up loads to hear the engine, but then you have really really loud tire noises, road noise and wind noise. If you switch to exterior view, its suddenly very very loud so you have to turn the volume down. Sounds great in exterior view, but again I think the engine level is too low, as its all exhaust noise and not a lot of engine noise.

Have tested all the new tin tops and they are all the same. changed my audio levels, used different outputs, changed settings and nothing helps. Driving one of the older tin tops and there is no problem with the levels.

The open wheelers are better, but I still think the engine and car levels are a bit low in cockpit view (might explain the point raised above with the user that has added 2 videos comparing the sound of the McLaren in AMS2 and another sim).

• Agree Agree x 13
  19. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, I couldn't care less for the opinion of a person who thinks "a complete sim" is a very expensive online only rental deal, where you wait around for an hour or two to get a race in and who haven't managed to implement rain after 20 years since the company was founded.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe not everybody has the same issues? I will try to provide more details when I get back to my PC regarding my sound settings. I did not notice this on the GT3 though, that was fine. It happened on the R89C (both LDF and HDF) and the R390 HDF (did not get to test the LDF one).