1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I don't think there is a need to delete the entire folder, but if you feel something wonky, for sure the first step I would take is to reset the set-up in the garage (in the game UI). Especially if it involves any cars that have low downforce versions :)

If you don't have any issues, then don't bother.

• Like Like x 1
  2. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oooh you're right :whistle:
    My bad, this will be fixed soon, thanks for pointing it out ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These types of things are really hurting the opinions of the game from the people I talk to.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Maybe capping fps? I have vsync off and capped 100 fps. Pretty smooth. Also noticed some micro stutter while ago when started playing again. I used borderless mode and no fps cap, but now I use fullscreen. High or medium settings mostly. Detailed grass off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Im absolutely loving the interior cockpit back lighting for the GTE, P1 Genettta! Will the rest of the cars get this treatment in the future? Racing at night in VR no longer feels like my car has an electrical fault.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Artem Kiriakin

Artem Kiriakin New Member

It seems that this is a mistake, although it's like you have a Monster Jam in the GT3 class =) Suspension settings can be set to too high values for the Nissan GT3.
    On my own, I will say thank you to Reiza : урарейза:for a great simulator and separately thank you for the opportunity to play it 90 FPS on a PC with i5 8250U, 4 GB RAM and 2 GB Geforce MX 150
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Somewhere at some time the people in that graph purchased the game. And nowadays most mods are hidden behind paywall patreons.. so money is flowing around and I have no doubt kunos and ac2 will capitalize on that. Was hoping other game devs ears pricked up.. make it EASY to mod, not like RF2.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

COOL:hurrayreiza:

and in case you didn't notice, the mclaren mp4/6 and mp4/5b shows mph in the cockpit dash but it must be kph.:( please fix this, too.:D

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

The sound mix for the Nissans needs work. Way too much wind and road noise coming through. Even if you isolate the player engine channel, there is so much of this noise still coming through with the engine notes.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Don't British cars usually show mph? There are others in the game that are the same. If you can't handle Imperial measurements, you'll have to use the HUD as it translates to your preference. Imagine the poor Brits who have to see km/h for 90% of the cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I wonder if it'd be possible to have cockpit measurements as an option: MPH for all, KPH for all or realistic/car dependant maybe

• Like Like x 2
  12. Marc Collins

Yes, we have that in the HUD. All real-life cars are not electronic nor changeable. Same as left-hand versus right-hand drive, so the cars themselves are already set to "realistic." HUD is whatever units you prefer. If you prefer no HUD for immersion/realism (is there any other reason you wouldn't use one?), then it is just like real life where you have to deal with whatever the car is.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CatAstrophe05

Yeah, I know about this but I think it'd be neat regardless to have in-car as an option for HUDless people who don't get KPH or MPH

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For those of you who replied to my message about stuttering, which mode do you usually play?

15. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

All other Formula cars have kph. For a while the other now Gen4 cars have mph too but they change it to kph. I think the Formula (FIA) rules says they must be use the metric system.

16. Marc Collins

I like the option of right and left-hand drive, too, but I don't think it's a priority to make these extra versions until a lot more important issues are resolved.

For example, should we have left and right-hand drive for every car, or only those that had/have two versions real life? Sorry, but if I jump into an American Camaro, I expect left-hand drive and mph. A Caterham, the opposite drive with also mph. Part of learning to drive all these amazing vehicles with different transmissions and control features and aids...and national origins...is to be a bit adaptable.

I can imagine myself being at a UK race track and someone gives me the chance to drive a real race car. Am I going to say no because it's right-hand drive and I come from a place that is left-hand drive? Or will I adapt and enjoy? (Real story, though it wasn't UK and I had to pay, but I very much enjoyed hot lapping in a right-hand drive Radical SR3. Sim experience with right-hand drive race cars helped me adapt more quickly and I also think to drive the rental car, too, on the "wrong" side of the road.) I sure wouldn't say no to any opportunity because the speedometer was in the opposite units!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm old, though. Real race cars didn't have speedometers until recently ;) Don't need them for racing!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. CatAstrophe05

I never said anything about that! I get your point though, I just figured it would be relatively easy to implement

18. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I never even look at the speedometer (unless I'm flying into the pits and about to break the pit-lane speed limit), and I'm primarily a VR player with no HUD. I couldn't tell you whether *insert-car* dashboard is in MPH or KPH. I look at lots of other stuff on the dash but not speed. I drive based on gears & RPMs (audio)..... Maybe that's why I'm slow... :confused:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I always thought about this, I wish all cars should have this treatment.

• Like Like x 4
  20. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1