Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Artem Kiriakin

Artem Kiriakin New Member

I had the same problem with any knocked down objects and collisions, apparently it was all about the speed of loading textures with damage from the disk, as soon as I installed the game on the SSD, all the stuttering passed

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I hope the multitude of issues with the Formula Classic AI cars(broken liveries, categorising - is a gen 4 class necessary for the MP4/6? No driver & helmet models, overrides for the new DLC cars etc) get patched soon, as I really want to do some races with them.

Also, some of the classic tracks still have some trackside camera issues, notably Spielberg 1977 and Hockenheim 1988, where the cameras are pointing at the trees for long periods.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Yes, but it has already gotten significantly better this update. There still are problems in overtaking the AI are for example in the same car or another car with about the same or less topspeed but much better braking or traction, as the AI can't seem to make use of these advantages to overtake.
    Also the AI still goes into defending mode in qualifying and practice, which hurts as well, as they lose even more time and even more cars clump up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

I drove race again in same track as yesterday, Silverstone 91. Only race. Diff was now 95 and medium aggression. My grid slot was 4:th. McLarens at the back of the grid again. Their ai is fastest. F-Classic gen3 model 1 (V12). Few accidents happened during race. Ai made some mistakes early race in front me. Locking up brakes and tires.

I noticed that my lap times fluctuated a lot. Worst was 1:32.1 (beginning) and best was 1:26.9 (ending). Full race (59 laps) with same tactic, so no pitstop. Front left hard and others medium tires. Front left tyre maybe about 30-40% and others might have 40-50 %. Maybe player tyre grip is too high comparing to ai at the end of stint. This brings a question. Ai tyre grip is too high at beginning of the race and player grip is too low? End of the race it's opposite. Might need to try 2x tyre wear.

AI doesn't seem to use fuel as player do. Their fuel tank is either empty or full. Their lap times didn't fluctuate at all. Same lap times all race. About 1:30 (fast ai) to 1:33 (slow ai) depending an ai driver and car. They did not made pitstops unless there was something wrong with the car. Smoke came out at the back of car. Would have won easily but I calculated wrong my fuel consumption so ran out of fuel on last lap. :D

There were ai packs that didn't overtake each other. Mostly 2-3 car packs. Not enough spread out. It's been improving though. Drafting seems non-existed for ai. They just can't keep up players straight-line speed. Player draft is quite good I think.

Blue flag system seems to be okay. Ai do slow down a bit when overtaking lapped cars. Needs more testing on my end.

To summarize most important things:

1. Drive a race with ai and turn fuel consumption off and test that.
    2. Tyre grip have problems?
    3. Top speed problem with ai?

How about others? Same experience with ai not using fuel? How's grip with ai?

Towards to new experiences! :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
  5. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

SSD is the way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Some new info on MG:
    Developers are maybe suing because of unpaid wages. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One of the main issues with the AI right now is their inability to outbrake slower cars on corner entry, they will almost always back off, only on some select corners do they overtake on the inside and its more a case of the car on the outside running out of the racing line than the car on the inside outbraking the other.
    Once Reiza figure how to prevent that hesitation amd make the AI able to outbrake each other, it will be a massive boon to the game. I think that would help with the pack racing as well, because faster cars wouldnt get stuck so much.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

The new tire wear was very, very bad, the tire is indestructible running normally, ending the strategies in the races and is only wearing out when the tires lock, and exaggeratedly, any brake already goes 1/4 of the tire

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

AMS2 | ARC - Auriel 90 GTO - VRC

VRC released an update to the Auriel GTO...

New tires, turbo adjustment, the AI apparantly have diffs now?!
    Feels mucho more realistic on the grip and is generally looser and less planted like the panzer it was before.
    If you get this, turn up the AI to 110-120 and turn "random failures" off in the gameplay options.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Avalon4

Avalon4 New Member

This 100% - they don't seem to have any confidence at all into a corner and will try to slot in behind another car often when it would make way more sense to go for the overtake. I'm not sure what would get the AI to be more committed, but if Reiza did sort this out - the gameplay would be hugely improved.

11. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to position the ICM Menu where you want it to be?
    My steering wheel is blocking it so does my hand when turning the wheel. I tried googling with no success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All my often played games are on SSD, including AM2. Shudder to think what things would be like on a spinner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've done some testing on this with a few other tinkerers and what I've discovered is that there's 3 things at play...

1. The AI is very robust in defence and the mistakes matrix is too strong when it's AI vs AI... Creating less opportunities to overtake... Lowering forced mistakes and defending helps, and I mean 0.1 low...

2. The AI doesn't get a run on the car in front when following it tightly through a corner, both cars exit at the same speed due to the skills matrix only effecting cornering speeds and the car behind dealing with the do not crash matrix through the corner...

3. On a lot of tracks the AI path is too narrow, forcing the AI to make a choice between backing out of the move and crashing into the wall of the AI path... This is most notable when you see a car go to the outside when there's plenty of room on the inside...

There's no AI tweaking to fix the narrow paths, but low defending, low-middling aggression and low forced mistakes does allow high aero cars to overtake slower cars on tracks like Spa 1991...

The 2 new historic tracks work great with those settings as well... So Reiza might already be onto the fact that wider AI paths are needed and just need time to sort through the tracks and update them...

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

I like F-Classic gen1 cars a lot. Model 2 might be my favorite. :) Fun to drive on the edge of limit. :p

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    Absolutely loving the 1986 Opala with these liveries by TomLehockySVK on Racedepartment. The AI are awesome. I’m #3 in this pic, we battled 3-wide with plenty of overtaking.
    CPU i7-8700K | RAM 32GB | GPU 3070 Ti | DISPLAY 5120x1440 240Hz 49"1000R | WHEEL DD1 | PEDALS CSP v3 | SHIFTER 1 CSP SQ/H | SHIFTER 2 for Trucking TH8A w/SKRS | BUTTON BOX Tablets SIM Dashboard/SimHub

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

It's weird to read this post after I just finished watching the (excellent) Bernie Madoff docuseries on Netflix...

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

It looks like Nascar problem only. They really wanted any money for it? Maybe better work next time! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Thank you sir, glad to hear / read you like the Nascar liveries i made for the Opala 1986 ! I also have a complete Nascar pack for the SuperV8 and Omega Stock Cars 1999, then currently a work-in-progress pack for the Copa Trucks and F-Classic Gen 4.

• Like Like x 13
  19. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Can I ask a question, want to report a bug in time trials, but don't know where to post it. Daytona time trials racers are going thru the pits to start time trail. There are cones in that lane that say 37 mhp. Time trails start on the track, not in the pits at 170 mph. Kart Kraft just cancel time trail runs for the same reason. If you want game to be like real racing this is not it. can you past this on to can check and see if its legal. Thanks

20. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member