1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Final conclusion: Drive against AI with fuel consumption off. :D

I have driven both on and off.

On setting first: Difficulty must be 100-110 for decent race challenge but then qualify becomes joke, higher difficulty and it becomes impossible to get into point position. In race you are slower first but ends fastest. Depending on your skill and track. My first stint times were about 1:30 and last stint were 1:25 about. Fastest AI drove about 1:25 a whole race. This was in Jacarepagua 88. Drive whole race. Faster tire wear setting was used. About this it was 4x wear from normal. Made 2 stops and AI made 3-4 stops maybe. Accerelerated mechanical failures and only two cars did not finish. It is truly random but I don't mind.

Then off setting: Here difficulty must between 110-120 otherwise it's too easy in race. My times were about between 1:21 and 1:22 in qualify and was fifth. race times were about 1:22 and 1:23, didn't do whole race, just beginning. AI made about same times as me, some little faster and others little slower. Made a good start and passed front cars to first. You have to basically drive like in qualify but be wary of tyre wear. Same track as above when fuel was on. Suggest this setting to use if drive long race on open wheelers.

I drove F-Classic gen4 model 3 car.

I had unexpected moment when driving. Drive failure on lap 3. Engine was okay and gears worked when manually changed. Maybe driveshaft failed me. I was surprised. :D

Next I'll be tinkering more with tires. Find good optimal for myself to make races more tactical my point of view.

Questions or point outs? :)

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. rjc1629

rjc1629 New Member

I know it’s not realistic but I’d love to have an option to use exterior sounds for the cockpit camera. Sometimes I just want to hear those engines scream instead of drone.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'd just love a pair of sliders... One for engine volume and one for the closed cockpit muffling...

That way we could each find our own balance...

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I havent done long races with the more modern F1's, but with the vintages I dont see much difference in the laptimes between full and low fuel levels both for the AI or myself, so in that class at least there doesnt seem to be the problem of the AI too fast at first then slow at the end. They are pretty consistent throught the whole 80 minute race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Comparing to you at first they are faster when player drive full tank of fuel, but in the end you might end up faster with lighter car when fuel has been burned up. I did not say that AI become slower just that is player gets faster as race goes on. AI basically lap same times whole race. Might need more testing.

6. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

We need working window winders. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

This happens since the early access times and I have reported it on the AI thread. Albeit all my testing was with the F-Ultimates, the AI behaviour is the same as you described.

AI formula cars need a serious overall overhaul, they are not fun for people who want to do realistic lenght races with properly simulated tyre and mechanical wear, fuel consumption and strategies.

IMO it needs to work as expected without having to resort on workarounds and lot of testing to have a somewhat realistic experience with F1 cars.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Is there any hope for this shadow bug to EVER be fixed ? This has been in the game since forever. It is about time to do something with it because it breaks immersion every time in every single night race.
    4868447547.jpg

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It has been known for ages and the solution has eluded Reiza so far from what I know.

10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think its caused by collisions in multiplayer, did you get it in single player?

11. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, normally when AI cars go back to the pits

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not. It appears also on lap 1 in places where there have not been collisions

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Yep, I had it appear plenty of times in online at the very start of the race when the lights switch to green.

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hours and hours Crimson and I spend in the nights to find out what I causes the bug.. With some help of Ilka, etc we still haven't found what causes it. We know when and how it pops up, etc etc but the cause? Nope. Hopefully in the future. There were more important things to fix back then.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Pretty sure it's just a standard haunting.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

It was present in PC2 also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And it is a carry over from PC2, SMS never solved it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The odd thing is it used to be solely around the start finish line, now it seems to be around the track in random places.

• Like Like x 2
  20. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Tried setting Head Movement to 0 and 'Legacy' today.. I'm sure I drove more consistently after. I could be imagining it :D

Also Monza 1991 and the Brabham BT49 are a nice combo together, they fit sort of comfortably :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1