1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

Is the following topic mentioned somewhere in the forum:

Why is the replay option stil that bad in AMS2?

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Due to how LiveTrack works apparently. That is why you cant go to certain points in the replay. I know it sounds very weird, but that is apparently how it is

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I definitely wouldn't pay premium for just two or three extra cars no matter the brand or type. I don't pay more than 10 euros for any DLC ever. Even if AMS2 is my go-to sim and i bought the season pass to support the dev team, i have limits.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TomLehockySVK

But that is still a nonsense reason since the livetrack is always different than what happen during the actual race ! At least they should add a 20x and 30x or even 50x speed to the replay !

5. Racinglegend1234

I agree, but we don’t know how the madness engine works and how they could fix the problems

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

New engine, that would fix it !

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. TomLehockySVK

We don't but that doesn't mean we should stay quiet and accept that the replay system is hot garbage. It takes forever to get the end of just a 1 hour replay, can't imagine being doing a longer league race and having to go through that with just a 10x speed increase.

The devs should either explain to us if there is something they can do about it or we can just keep on reminding them that there SHOULD be something done about it. The replay system has been terrible ever since release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TomLehockySVK

Changing a game engine means you have to throw everything you made so far into the trash bin and start from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

I agree we should keep informing them, but calling livetrack a “nonsense reason” without knowing everything is not what I would do

10. TomLehockySVK

Alright i agree my wording of it was not ideal, but the replay speed can be increased to 10x. If we are not allowed to switch between laps because of livetrack, then we should at least be allowed to increase replay speed a lot more than only 10x since that works without issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

So you're in the camp of "I'm waiting for AMS3" then...

12. Scar666

To be fair, without an improved MP experience the replay system is pretty low on the "to do" list... As there's far less people clamouring for fixes to it for penalty review reasons...

13. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe showing a loading icon while clicking in somewhere of the timeline while in background the game runs at 50x-100x faster xD. Btw I wish i work at reiza to see all bad things on the frontend and gameplay side, to see how it works and why and then fix it or doing some workaround.

This game needs some polishing in the QoL.

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

In my opinion, Reiza should first try to get Ford, Audi...before Ferrari

• Agree Agree x 9
  15. Scar666

The fact that people are talking about a game on the Madness engine on this level is a small miracle in my eyes...

From where AMS2 was a few years ago, or anything pCARS, that's a massive leap...

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. TomLehockySVK

Neither should be lower on the to-do list because people will have less reasons to host serious leagues if both the MP system AND replay system are not improved, one does not exclude the other. I organize league events for months and whenever i have to go over a 45 minute long replay i am wasting too much time just fast-forwarding at maximum of 10x.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

18. Racinglegend1234

I think either they bring in choosing certain points in the replay to watch or just add like 50x or 100x and even more for long 24 hour races

19. Racinglegend1234

I’m not knowledgable in programming which means I trust the Reiza team

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Scar666

I don't disagree at all... Upgrade MP and the replay system and it's functionality suddenly becomes vital...

But without the MP experience being modern enough to encourage the level of league participation that this title deserves, there's simply not enough pressure to fix the replays... So it goes lower on the list... As there's less reason to check on the idiocy of the AI in any incident than to have a look at the fun that was had during the whole replay... Sure some people really want to point those AI issues out and have them fixed so will have stumbled across these issues, but most will watch a fair chunk of the replay and those working on AI files watch even more of the footage to make edits to their files...

Plus the number of people doing full races I'd say is low especially going from the lobbies I've encountered and the lack of certain features for the AI, like fuel weights and tyre wear... So another large portion of the community wouldn't of encountered the issues as it's not an issue in a 5 lap or 10 minute sprint...

With the series I've been tempted to join this year because of the content there's going to be a tonne of reports focussed around MP and longer races... So maybe this year is when that pressure for the replays starts to get where it should be...