1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

If she would take 16 hours means the "base" was so messed that you probably chose the wrong one, not her fault :)
    To be fair with our lady she gave us a lot of satisfactions in such a short time....
    If you love someone you love it even if ugly and not perfect ;)

I mean look at some other "girls" out there...some took 10 years to be pretty before dinner date but if you talk with her boyfriend(s) is such a good one...she should stay on the red fla...ahem...carpet! :p

At the end of the day is about tastes...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RDG

RDG Active Member

A 1966 Le Mans pack with the track, the Ford GT40, the Ferrari 330 P3 and the Porsche 906 would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I hope the F-Classic skinned-cars issue of missing helmets and driver models gets fixed soon! I have F1 1986 & 1988 seasons ready to go, but driving cars with no driver body in them in VR isn't too great. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nah, more like she wants all the guys and gal's out there to notice her and how hot she is when out in public

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can we stop talking about theoretical women and start talking about AMS2 again?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

You guys know whats more important today? Daytona 24 qualifying at 1:20 PM ET, and hopefully we will see a couple of these new GTP this year in AMS 2. You can watch it at https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/, it's free to watch.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I want to see more content that centers around ovals, seeing as it has only been touched upon. And there are at least three oval tracks that have great road courses - Charlotte Motor Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway and Homestead Miami.

These three tracks would fit stock car races, IndyCar, and also any form of road course racing.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes yes yes!!! Something often forgotten about ovals is for a while the road courses layouts of them (which I will call Rovals for brevities sake) was a main stay in american sports car racing and currently is a main stay of many junior categories in america in open wheel/touring cars. ISM Raceway, Fontana, Homestead Miami, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Texas, Iowa Speedway are all tracks that have either hosted Rolex Sportscars events or ALMS events atleast once from 1999-2010. Rovals are such an important part of American endurance racing!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Okay, only complaint I have now for this game is that AI is too slow at the moment. Mostly driving open wheelers. Still 120 difficulty. F-Retro gen3 Brabham (qualify skill is about 50-60 and race skill 30-40, too fast on straights in my opinion) and McLaren (60-70 skill both, easier to balance) should give challenge if I boost their AI in custom file, but then other cars are too slow still. Needs some balance. Now things are 75% ok in those cars. Setting custom AI file settings too low is not an answer as those settings just affect cornering and it's not working Brabham as you want it to work. Just a little bandage. Some might say make custom AI by track basis. I did that but needs too much testing. More settings to custom AI file? Top speed, braking and accelerating? We need this somehow. Brabham is slow on slow tracks like Monaco and Long Beach and fast in fast tracks like Monza and Hockenheim. I don't mind this at all but it's all about balance. When I drive same cars balance is okay. Aero drag have to be increased in my opinion, lots of cars need this. And some tracks I basically don't wanna drive as AI is too slow in those tracks and balance is all over the place. Spa 93 first and third sector AI is 0,5-1 second slower than player but second sector they are about 1-1,5 faster than player, sure it depends on car. There are many others. I know it takes time to solve these things and it must be first priority for developer to make game better and interesting. But now just make AI faster overall. It doesn't matter if I drop off all driving assists, still I am fastest comparing to AI. F-Retro gen3 DFY is my favorite car. Fits my driving style perfectly.

10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see you post many very good posts about AI-racing feedback.

However... the thing is that the AI has a set of underlying issues and there is nothing you can do to fix it.

Reiza has stated they have to finetune the AI track by track, car by car. I'd add weather by weather to that, which means complexity would be n³. Should take a couple of years to finetune everything.

Meanwhile I've asked around which combos have been finetuned for open wheelers. Never got a direct answer. Usually other users deflect the topic with an answer such as "what is good/fun to you might not be to me". Someone (will not cite his name) even said I was the problem, not the AI...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm getting Deja Vu...

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Janitormentor

Well, game has been out almost 3 years now. They are making more content and like that but focus should be for AI and difficulty balances. Physics feel good at most part. Then new content after those are fixed. This year is important for developers. I'll try to help anyway I can but my hands are tied to limited resources. This is how I feel and people will agree or disagree. I felt that in AMS1 I had more tools at my disposal. Potential is there and I'm eager to see what future holds for this game.

Do beta testers involve somehow in AI developing or something like that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Janitormentor

Not sure this is meant for me but isn't it good to say these things and not holding back? Might be helpful if developers watch and read these posts someday. I'm gonna give feedback here in the future as well. Sure there are dedicated AI thread so might write in there something when my urge to write something comes around. This actually is first forum where I write anything at all. I think this say how much I like this game and want this to be best racing simulation game ever. It all started back in the 2015 when first noticed Stock Car Extreme game, tried demo and I was sold. Bought it and played until AMS1 came. Then played that over 1200 hours and now then AMS2 about over 400 hours. I want this to be THE GAME for me so there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Not more than anybody else. If we find AI issues somewhere we make a bug report on the forums and Reiza has a look at it. The more precise the feedback, the better the result will be. So if you have any specific car track combinations where AI is lacking, make a detailed bug report and help resolve the issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. samrussell_98

samrussell_98 If in doubt, go flat out AMS2 Club Member

Just catching up and saw this…I actually sent Renato a message in December to see if they would add hillclimb and specifically mentioned Shelsley Walsh, seeing as it’s the worlds oldest active motorsport venue. Sure Reiza would do it justice! Incredible venue if you’ve never been.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Whilst there needs to be some ovals that are representative of the only cars that ran at Indy within this title... There's only 5 options, but I have no idea which would be best for a pack... Maybe Pheonix because it's more of a unique oval...

Pheonix
    Nazareth
    Milwaukee
    Michigan
    New Hampshire

Any 3 of those would be absolutely great to have as a part 5 or 6 of the Racing USA series... I'm hoping for more endurance content first though... Really need Sebring and Road Atlanta plus some other cars...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Scar666

There's specific threads for AI complaints and bug reports...

Leaving them in this thread will just result more often than not with other posters stating "The AI is going to take a long time to fix because there's simply not enough computing power to do the players physics, AI physics and thought processes at the same rate within the average players PC, so the physics of the AI will always be different"... Or the topic moving onto something else...

I do agree about the features you want like extra parameters to the AI files and a higher AI difficulty level up to 200... These are not new things to be asked of Reiza on AMS2... They've appeared many times in the "feature request" thread... If not at least once from me asking for them... I also want AMS2 to be reach it's full potential...

For me that lies in the MP code that is holding it back from getting the market share and playerbase that it deserves... Better AI would be great, but great physics and great AI is a hard thing to have on today's average PC unless the physics are sufficiently unsophisticated...

Getting more eyes on the prize will not only bring more revenue to help with R&D on the AI side to fudge the lines further to be believable AI in longer races... But also those extra eyes providing detailed reports on the issues we all face will help Reiza squash the bugs we need squashing...

18. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Honestly I think Reiza need to slow down a bit and take a good look at what they already have. We all want more content but not at the expense of quality, bug fixing and optimization should be the main focus of this sim now for the next six months at least otherwise they will never catch up !

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Scar666

I think there's a lot of merit to this line of thinking...

New content will get eyes on the sim, but fixing the bugs that keep people away will help when those new eyes take a look at the sim...

However... There's always the business/corporate side of the coin... New DLC packs are the best way to keep revenue coming in and get new sales on the base content... And until you know how to fix the big bugs, like the p2p predictions, the best way to get eyes on the sim is to produce content to get people talking...

20. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member