1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Formula E Gen 3 looks and probably handles sweet (not too grippy, the way I enjoy it). If AMS2 ever goes electric, this is the car to go.

Edit: the lack of engine noise actually allows us to hear the tyres screaming for grip, I really enjoy that tbh!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do really want to try it when it comes out, and the devs claim physics improvement but proof is in the pudding. Remember that kids choose fancy graphics over physics and microsoft aren’t messing around with not making money

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Sometimes I just want a racing game I can sit on my sofa and relax playing with a joystick and I hope FM8 can be that with acceptable physics and AI, GT7 is built around grinding and the AI is the worst in any modern racing game and thats saying alot. Im carefully hopeful with FM8, specially because I saw some sweet sweet endurance cars on that trailer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are they finally using proper circuits and not these narrow 90° corner city tracks?

5. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Afaik both. At least Portland, Mexico and Monaco are "proper" tracks. But still plenty of Mickey Mouse tracks.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

General Discussion is dangerous, I skip over those threads to enjoy the screenshots and videos :D

Also Forza reveal looked good, I doubt it'll quite be sim-level but looks like a lot of fun :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT7 is totally about challenges. For that it's fantastic with no equal. However...once you start running out of those (missions, circuit experiences, mission books and licenses) and you start doing "races" you quickly find the game's weak point. The driving is great but the actual racing is awful (as is the grind since some races offer huge prizes while most offer almost nothing)!

Taking an XJR-9 into a race against a bunch of fictional Vision GT cars just feels wrong...

Sure, you can make a custom grid but the payout is so low nobody does it. Even if you don't care about payouts, the AI isn't going to provide a good race anyway...but at least you can take some nice screenshots lol.

I'll definitely get Forza too but I expect it to be more of the same. This isn't necessary bad, just remember to point people to AMS2 when they are looking for something beyond GT/FM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Turbo Granny

If I could I would agree a hundred times with this.

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Serious question - is it possible to run something like a TT mode against other human drivers best laptimes?

10. TronLi

Yes, there is an online time trial every 2 weeks. Awards are based on the world record I believe (within 3% for gold, 5% silver and 10% bronze).

You don't get paid until it's over so I'd imagine you need to keep improving to keep your prize level as lap times improve (2M for gold, 1M for silver, etc.).

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thank you.
    Sounds interesting (somewhat :)).
    Maybe I should look a bit more closely on reviews of the physics from thrustworty rewiewers ;)

12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT7 physics are actualy not bad, the GT cars feel quite similar to ACC, I havent played it with a wheel, but the weight transfer is very similar.

13. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I think the physics are pretty bad, Downforce is waaaaay too strong, you only have "cold tyres" when you start the race or pitted freshly, otherwise they never cool down even if you stand still and they are always in the perfect window, FF cars in general are terrible, FFB is horrendous and numb on many devices (funnily the Dualsense effects are much more lively than the Wheel FFB) and there are many, many more problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Turbo Granny

GT7 physics are good for what the game is, a simcade kind of thing, that game is made to play with a joystick nothing convinces me otherwise, tried it with my G29 and it was abysmal. Maybe with some more modern hardware its better, but if a small studio like reiza can provide a good experience with it, I guess PD should be abble too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TronLi

AC did a good job when it came to adding challenges but there is a lot of balancing work that is needed so obviously that can't take any CSP changes into account, so it's probably not fair to judge non-vanilla AC challenges.

Now if they were to open up those events to modders (since they are linked to Steam trophies I'm not sure if they are mod-able currently) and add some more scripting capability to AC we would see some cool challenges emerge. Maybe even a driving school but that's not possible currently.

Either way, the lesson here is to take inspiration from your competition, shape it to work in your own product and make your customers happy. The invitational events from PC2 would be awesome in AMS2, especially if it was tied to driver rating, trophies, etc. (like ACC in a way). Speaking of ACC, they basically have the same thing as GT7's circuit experiences but without being able to practice sector by sector (which is one of my favorite thing to do in GT7).

16. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Drove earlier a race in Silverstone 75, 67 laps. F-Retro gen3 cars and difficulty was again same 120 and aggression low. I drove DFY model. Qualified 19 position and in race I came 8 position. Couple of dnfs in race. Mandatory pitstop, refuel allowed and fuel/tyre settings were authentic as were mechanical failures. I had 1 stop strategy, refuel and get new tires. AI made lot of mistakes so maybe that's why I was on 8 in the end. AI starts are pretty poor all around, got many places because of that. It was most satisfying race, had to push all the time, battle turbos and lighter car I could lap same times almost. Few little mistakes on my account. One of AI made 24 pitstops. :D Must say this was one of the best races I have driven in this game and difficulty was right. Might need to increase mechanical failure rate faster, accelerated at least.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Knell Rohan

Knell Rohan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

20 track? 20TRACKS!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!? Is joke? 20 tracks on release? Is microsoft game studio? WTF Microsoft?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I doubt there are only 20 tracks but just for the sake on discussion may I ask you how many tracks ACC had at launch ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That one race was better than ANYTHING F1 has done for a decade and a half...

They may look a little like tie fighters because of the LEDs but they blew me away with their on track handling and the racing was as close as ever...

AMS2 already has the current spec F1 cars... So it's not a stretch to move from Hybrid to some of the most technologically advanced race cars ever produced... Plus we've already got 4WD technology...

An FE DLC would be snapped up as soon as I would be able to purchase it... Car only...

20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

ACC had 10 tracks at launch. What's your argument?