1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

afair from PC2 "recommended" changes rims only when the wear is under a certain level.
    I think it was 75%.
    So, if you are a rim doctor and drive with really low wear, it could be a good strategy to be on "recommended"
    You save time at the pits.
    If you want to change from hard to soft or any other type, then "all" makes sense ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

On this pit stop debate...

It's never happened to me, probably because I like to be in full control of what goes on my car, but many times to others within leagues I race in... One of these leagues where it happens to multiple drivers took part in a 80 minute Daytona race over the weekend... And aside from the p2p connections kicking out 6-8 people for no good reason and some warps here and there, it was a fun race for those who competed...

Everyone had been made aware to not use the "recommended" setting in their pit stop strategies and no one has reported issues with their pit stops...

I'm wondering if having any saved pit strategies with recommended in them screws up all of the other strategies... I'm just trying to figure out what could be causing it to still happen for some when the removal of the recommended setting seems to have fixed the issue for a lot of people...

3. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Well they did say "... will be released over the course of January". When I say I will do something by X-date, that's a self imposed deadline.

Perhaps they should have worded it "... we plan to release over the course of January".

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Tell yourself that you have never been so close to being able to ride on Bathurst 1983 when you read this message. And what's great is that this message works every time you read it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Porsche 992s would disagree. They are legit 2+ seconds down on the other GT3 cars and the Acura's are dominating GTP. I'm rooting for the #60 Acura because of Colin Braun, but even I can admit the Acura's are looking way faster than the other GTPs. The #60 at this point has 4 more pitstops than the #02 Caddy and is still up 12 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a big difference between 83 and current layout?

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Certain kerbs and things like that, but the chicane to shorten the back straight wasn’t there

8. Racinglegend1234

upload_2023-1-29_9-40-14.png
    then
    upload_2023-1-29_9-40-33.png
    now

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to agree, the 992 are struggling... The Acura seems to be very fast on the straights but not so much in the middle, the Cadillac seems to be better in the middle section.
    I just woke up now and it seems everything went to hell with Acura, what happened? The last thing I saw yesterday was Castroneves spin. Still, a bunch of GTP still on the same lap after a yellow flag, I dont see that much on WEC even in shorter races.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  10. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Yeah mate, I'm pumped for 83 Bathurst but happy to wait a bit longer. I've been around long enough to know that when Reiza mentions dates or timeframes it's more like a "maybe" or an "around about"... ;)

In saying this, they really should take more care when publishing future dates and timeframes to avoid any possible whining... :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe when you announce that paid for content "will" appear at some date, it's just a deadline without a need to "make words up".

It doesn't matter anyway. Anyone who honestly believed that we'd get these things in January must either be Renato Simioni and suffer from a severe and self-acknowledged scheduling disability, or just have no idea how Reiza works.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

I hope they will increase the number of cars on track because you can’t put more than 30 (or 32) cars on track.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just the fact that two entire tracks (Snetterton and Imola 2001) are currently broken and have been for weeks implies there isn't much happening at Reiza in January. Which is fine, a break is well deserved.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Course of Q1 would be fine then.
    Bathurst is one of my´n favourites, will buy when released :)

Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour is at next weekend.

16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

EDIT: I thought historic Bathurst was free, i forgot it is part of the season pass

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Really, I thought it´s part of Historical Track Pack Pt1.
    I won´t buy DLC packs without whole content.

18. Racinglegend1234

Believe it is apart of the historical track pack with old Estoril and old Jerez

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell New Member AMS2 Club Member

There are many differences to the current track. Narrower, especially over the top by up to 2 meters in places. The dipper is much deeper, no walls except a few over the top and in 1983 the big run off / sand trap was not there near Castrol Tower / McPhillamy Park. Also the pit entrance was on Pit Straight and basically no speed limit.

The James Hardie Center, the old timing building and bridge, the pits were very basic from the 1960s, all dirt except a little concrete around the pits. Also things like the big Poplar Tree on Mountain Straight was not even planted. Many houses were different and of course the Drive In Theater was in operation too.

I have just released my 1985 version on another platform and it is about 80% done, more than 1,000 hours in it. It should be 100% in a month or 2. There are many little details I have found that I am trying to place into the track, even the old caretakers stone cottage on the top.

I am so keen to see the Reiza version. Bigger team and more talented people will show. Can't wait. :p

wip163.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Bathurst was supposed to release with the other 2, according to December dev update.
    Which is when im buying the pack.