1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I live in hope that everyone will read and re-read these 2 words, and recall them as we approach the end of even-numbered months.
    It is an an overriding target, as opposed to a promise or a deadline.
    And it's intentionally ambiguous so that an even numbered month passes without a major update, pitch forks and tiki torches are not justified :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought about it...
    No
    "I will take my cheese with my wine, and curse the (deadlines) until I die!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It would be a great addition. It would be nice to see 2 or 3 extra street tracks in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Lol when i said Reiza just make up vague dates on the fly everyone lost their sh1t ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a large difference between vague dates and an educated (sometimes over optomistic) guess. And anyways the problem we had with your argument isn't even that! It's that these delays are there to make sure we have a good product.

Should we be surprised that the buggiest game update that I've seen since I bought the game (bought it around the time racin USA part 1 came out) happened when Reiza doing a mega crunch trying to meet a deadline? The evidence that these delays are needed are right in front of us, try loading Snetterton and you'll understand why these delays happen.

• Like Like x 4
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys.
    How often do we want to beat that dead horse?
    Most of you should know how Reiza works. It's done when it's done.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm a bit surprised by the few people that currently complain about Reiza update schedules. You just got two new tracks and about 15 different cars, and if you followed the game development up until now, it was obvious that Bathurst and the Nurburgring were never going to be ready in January.

If Reiza had been silent for five months, then announced the Nordschleife and Bathurst, and then missed the date, I could understand being upset. But we literally have the evidence of their hard work over the past months available to drive whenever we want. That's got to be worth something?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Yeah, to dont trust a Date given. Thats why i didnt buy the historical Tracks (yet).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I admit to not reading all the recent posts, but does this mean that the ghost driver bug that resides in the F-Classic cars if you have custom skins applied, won’t be fixed for another 3-4 weeks? I just wanna race the 98T with 1986 skins. :p

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  10. F_B

See Renato's post from the dev update in December:
    »Historic Nürburgring along with the updated modern track will be in our first update of 2023, so a few more weeks of waiting kindly in order for this one, but you may rest assured the end result will make it well worth the wait.«

I don't see a specific date given there.

11. Dicra

That would be because you didn't look close enough:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately, these things happen. Think of it this way: Reiza has Damage on and sometimes burns the clutch.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. F_B

Hmm, interesting. :D
    Now I just like to know whether this announcement was before or after the December dev update.

14. Dicra

You could find out by clicking the red arrow on the quote. It actually is in the December dev update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. F_B

Touché.
    Perhaps they should just refrain from any time frames and say done when it's done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I always, ALWAYS set to all tires, no change, slicks, wets, whatever! But never recommended, or automatic by weather. And I've never had any problems that way. Which was great during the 80mins of Daytona on Sunday!

• Like Like x 1
  17. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But if you look even closer the given dates were plans, not announcements. And I'm fine with that as long as it is called a plan, goal or target because that implies it might not be met ultimately. I prefer this much more than more vague info like "this is next on our list but we don't know when it'll come, maybe tomorrow, maybe in two months, maybe next year" or just the good old "soon". And Reiza (from what I've seen on this forum) always lets us know, when targets will be missed.

And I totally agree with you, @Dicra : The last update was just over a month ago and brought lots of brillant content. An update every two months is still absolutely fantastic in my opinion. And the stuff we're getting is always well worth the wait.

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Right, just wanted to jump in here and mention something about the multiplayer, its been mentioned quite a bit here and in the Dev update aswell, so I'll be putting the same post in both, so don't no one moan about spamming because its relevant! Not only that, we need as many folks to see this as possible as its a real good show of what AMS2 can do when things work well! And if it helps sales thats good for us all as mo money, mo resourse for Reiza, cause we love them!

Ok so as many of you know I run quite alot of Livestreamed servers, but i've been quiet on that front for a while due to all sorts of problems that have occured over and after Christmas, including getting demonitised by Youtube for the time being as I can't provide I.D. atm (becuase gov agencies over here are worse than awful! DVLA, Passport Office, in fact just F this gov all together!).
    Anyway, im still getting involved with the racing and still wanna support all my fav sim devs, so!

In the meantime i've been racing alot with MetzVR, who also runs great community livestreamed servers, most nights of the week and sometimes has to get help with opening to it gets so busy. Its great! And this is all run off of the ingame server not the dedi, which im starting to look into, but i've only got the one PC.

Between the two of us we are very used to all the problems with multiplayer & all the bugs when they occur as our community will report back to us either in ingame chat, or if they experience a crash, random disconnect and are out of the game, they then type to us through our livestream Youtube chat so we know whats happened straight away.

Last Sunday MetzVR ran an endurance server to coincide with the Daytona Rolex race IRL. 24 hours is a bit long so he ran the race for 80mins or 1h20m, It was so busy a second server had to be started to cope with the overspill. Now there were problems with the second server but I did'nt know about that till after the race as I had the stream turned off whilst racing so as not to get distracted.
    Apparently the problem was with the rolling start and the game not keeping correct order if folks drove through each other and picked up a place (on that note: I hate the cars going ghost, wether its under FCY, pits, rolling starts, and respawns... Especially on respawns, which we should have the option of turning off altogether! This is a SIM, not Mario cart, its confusing and causes all manner of problems).

Anyway the point is, that in the first server, we had no problems! No random dissconnects (AFAIK), nothing! It was absoloutely amazing! The event was just awsome! Really showed just how god AMS2 can be!
    We had a full day to night cycle, watching the lights come on on the ferris wheel was stunning! Seeing the mist as the sun came up was almost etherreal!
    Feeling the grip move around certain areas of the track throughout the 80mins as more and more rubber got laid down, feeling the grip suffer from dirt being brought onto the track were there were the most offtracks, catching the draft from other cars, coming up on backmarkers (It was multiclass with DPI's & GTE's), pitting for tires, fuel damage.
    I could go on and on about all the element of the race and the sim that just made this experience one of the best Sunday nights any of us have ever had!

Now its not like that all the time, we've had races where i've finished in 2nd (as the game shows me, and of course I know), yet on MetzVR's stream, which I can alt tab to straight after finishing the race, his games showing him i've finished in 3rd!

Random dissconnects are regular.

Rolling starts are a problem.

People show up in the server to find they have no mirrors.
    Heavily damaged cars pit, get fixed, and then come out fixed from the drivers perspective, but to everyone else they are driving round with a totalled car, which makes the racing suffer as its confusing because you think you can just fly past a stricken car, but give extra room as it might be crabbing, and then you end up neck n neck cause they are actually fixed, when you don't expect to be. This also is confusuing for anyone spectaing either ingame or in a livestream, and just makes AMS2 look bad!

FCY have a similar problem to Rolling starts so we can't use them.

Cars go ghosted even when server has ghost cars turned off. And for serious racing we need the option to have ghost cars turned off altogether, its confusing and totally unrealistic, and respawning is just awful! If youwant it fine, but for those of us who don't, can we have the option to get rid of it altogether.

Loss of onboard TC & ABS still happens online alot.

Thrustmaster wheels seem to regularly loose all inputs, only in this sim, no others, this might be the same for other wheels and controllers, but im just going on whats been reported to me.

Why am I going to the trouble of writing such a long winded post?

Becuase I'm more bothered about a solid multiplayer, bug fix'es and refinements than I am new content! I think its absoloutely paramount! Because when the racing and the experience (which is the most important thing) can be this good, and folks can see it, and word gets around, more and more folks will flock to AMS2! More sales, more joy for everyone!

ACC has a great reputation for its online system, the competition server is great! And out of all the sims I race, its by far the least buggy, overall!

Now you can take this as a winge if you want, but just understand if you do, you're wrong! This is constructive, its what the sim needs! Its what more and more of us want (at least in our racing community).

Sundays race was an absoloutely amazing experience, and the sim held together for the entire 80mins, if every race could run like this it would be so grand! I recorded the whole thing, and then spent 2 days putting the footage together with the tackside footage from two more perspectives in the video. I was so into the racing I forgot I was recording during the race, so there's the odd swear!

Just look at this, its just amazing! And im not talking about my video, im saying look how awsome AMS2 is!! I just recorded it! With bug fix'es and solid multiplayer this sim could be real top of the ladder! Loadsa race nuts on it every night, racing, serving, streaming, and more folks getting to see it, be amazed by it, and know the name REIZA! Nuff said!

• Like x 4
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 1
  19. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

nearly every post is just a self promotion for your videos, it's getting pretty old now

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I agree with you - but at least some of his videos are reasonably good (somewhat).
    Hehe so what the heck :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3