1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Oh yeah there will be heaps of those boring public lobbies for as long as there's no real league controls for the MP code...

But as soon as leagues can feel confident with the MP experience... Those 50s cars would be a lot of fun behind every server with a password out there... Note the word server, not lobby... I know... I'm a dreamer...

2. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Or, just drive however you like and let others do the same , however silly it might seem. I am really into "immersion" and try to get as close to real as you can sitting in front of a bunch of flashing lights in my basement :D but couldn't care less what others do:p:D.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The thing with filters in a niche game is that you can end up with almost empty lobbies if you are too picky about what you allow. I refuse to play any lobby where I don´t have free choice of camera view and I don´t much care for fixed setup ones, simply because I am stuck with default steering lock and brake pressure. It also blows my mind how even in fixed setup lobbies there are always 2 or 3 players who are incapable of clicking ready within the 2 minute wait time. Reducing that time to 1 min or less would be the best game update of the year.

I can understand the issue with non-factory driving aids but that can be solved quite elegantly by giving a weight ballast to those who use them, like in Raceroom. I´d rather have people in control of their cars and being slower than them crashing everyone on the first straight as they can´t even launch from a standing start.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

YES PLEASE. Reduction of the waiting time to just 60 seconds would be a big improvement.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Another thing that should be added is the option to limit number of headlights being rendered. They are a huge resource hog and it is absolutely unnecessary for the game to render 31 headlights of each and every car at all times.

There should be a limit where i can set it to just the nearest 6 ahead and only 3 behind me.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or do like ACC and just render a certain amount of cars, but either or would be LOVELY!

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

In general, there are a lot of questions regarding optimization.
    The game looks glorious - that's a fact. The graphic part of AMS 2 is the top-tier now. But at the same time, there is no scalability of displayed cars and headlights light in the game, no DLSS, no FSR. Without the last two, it is now generally unacceptable to make games.
    Anti-Aliasing it is not clear how works. I've setting x8 at 4K resolution - I see ladders and pixels. The picture didn't get much better - but the voracity of the game has noticeably increased. Yes, this is the work of MSAA anti-aliasing, which is not perfect, but the introduction of TAA, for example, would help here.
    And this is only a part of those moments that are not paid attention to.

Addition #1:
    At the moment, my PC is powerful enough to run the game at almost ultra-settings in 32' WQHD 4K at 120 FPS, but this is if you do not create races in a rain setup. In the rain a huge number of intersecting effects will bake any PC.
    And these statements should not sound wild. A game that positions itself as a massive-playered simulator must have settings accessible to everyone, not just for owners of powerful PCs.
    I'm not saying that AMS 2 is not an optimized game at all, no, not at all. There are just things that will make things much better for everyone.

Addition #2:
    Just if again to compare with other games that I've tried.
    - ACC it's a good and solid GT3 simulator, but visually it is even weaker than AC with CSP / SOL / Pure. It's funny! That's sad.
    At the same time, the Unreal Engine (which can produce a really amazing picture) here is hard demanding on the system and I can’t set the same to AC or AMS 2 picture without baking my PC. Although, again, visually the game is not very impressive and I don’t understand where (except for physics) drain system resources.
    The only words that pop up in my head when I look at the visual part of ACC are faded soap.
    - rF2 is a cross between AC and ACC, but has the same performance problems with not quite adequate requirements when you tune the settings closer to the maximum. No DLSS, no FSR.

And these are just some of my small observations.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I personally would like a more in depth custom grid option. There are multiple classes in AMS2 that I feel are not suitable for multiclass use because they have cars you may not want on the grid and I think having the ability to set up grids down to the amount of each cars or even select specifically which liveries you want like in AC and RaceRoom would be nice.
    Multiple times I've been unable to do multiclass races like I wanted to because, for instance, I can't have the BT52 without the Senna or I can't have only one of the Porsche cups. This would also be helpful to set more accurate historical races.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've experienced something recently having the same noticeable improvement in FPS across all my SIMs. Sharing as an add-on to the optimization comments. My PC specs are below, prior I used a TV as my monitor (a high-end 50" Samsung capable of running 16:9, 21:9, and 32:9, up to 120hz). Running relatively close to Ultra on everything (20AI) I got a stable 60 FPS except at night and rain where it would drop to 45-50FPS, so I gave up on it.

I changed to a monitor (listed in specs) and nothing else. No change to any in-game settings other than maxing out AI). Immediately my FPS with a full field went to 135-160FPS. Introducing night and rain I never go below 90FPS so I'm enjoying that now. Why? Still 32:9, 5120x1440.

I wonder how many others suffer these FPS issues which might (MIGHT) be related to a TV vs monitor. Just a thought.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Did you change your ports/cables when switching to new monitor?
    Like dpi, HDMI, etc?
    Gsync or else on new monitor?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hadn't thought of that. I did change to DisplayPort (DP) and enabled Gsync which I expected would only stabilize FPS not improve it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure that is a bottleneck very few ever consider.
    I was also wondering what is the best cable to use: HDMI? DVR? Others?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe DP

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'd much prefer this as a server host option... As well as a warm up session after qualy as some people need to have a break before a race and others like myself need that lap or 2 to readjust after a qualy run...

15. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

I tried the driver outfit livery override for thr Formula Reiza class but could not get this to work. Has anyone else tried this? Or is this a class that has not yet been set up for driver outfit livery overrides.

16. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

some ferrari's would be nice.. they can release with Bathurst ;)

17. Racinglegend1234

Will only happen if Reiza get a lot of money

18. Racinglegend1234

i Wonder what it could beo_O

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yes, instead of the current 2 min and no wait options, perhaps allowing reduction in 30 second increments would be a good option. I always turn it off when I am host but that inconveniences people who join the prior to race session and don´t have time to do their setup or fuel.

The whole host option thing needs redoing as the option to add or remove AI cars on the fly in MP is also good - say you open a room with no players and then peope join and you want to remove or redice AI cars or adjust their performance and you can´t. Cockpit view only filter has to go to as that is no one´s business but each player´s individual choice.

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The countdown should be one minute, no more, but then once the cars are on the grid the game should wait for everyone to be properly synchronized instead of starting the lights with half the cars not even loaded in yet or all over the place in a rolling start.

• Agree Agree x 2