1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

A small reduction in first corner incidents, but there's still plenty of yahoos in ranked servers and their driving often affects decent drivers ratings...

If it weren't a flawed and seemly bugged system then I'd agree with you... But there's no ranking system that isn't flawed and filled with exploits that those who love to annoy people will find and use...

So I always treat ranked open lobbies and unranked open lobbies as the same... A fun run... If I find a good group of drivers cool, if not, no biggie, there's another one soon... Never serious or care about my position as it really doesn't matter I'm just there for the fun... The rating is absolutely meaningless to me... If my rating isn't high enough for a league race I can still get in via an invite...

In a league race however I'm racing against people that I have to hear their displeasure if I'm driving like a yahoo... And on top of that if I want to continue racing with them most leagues have rules that if you don't follow you'll get penalties or a ban... So I will never take an open lobby ranked or not as seriously as any league event I partake in...

Given my spot on the other side of the planet from most drivers in the sim racing world I can say that 200ms of ping is a low target... I can cleanly race those with pings around 350ms as long as their connection is stable enough to not cause warps it's really quite clean and smooth... Unless I'm on a Just Race server, then that goes down to 250ms... And even then it might be buggy because of the p2p architecture not playing nice with an actual server as a host...

Sure in other games that number is 450-600 before stability becomes an issue... But 200ms is still quite a low target for AMS2 IMHO...

Filters would be awesome, I agree there... Always give the server hosts more options... There's sadly not enough right now... And all it takes is one ping over 500 and the serve goes to complete crap for everyone... So a ping limit would help keep those who don't care if their internet is being worked on and ruin a race...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  3. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

pays to remeber that this si the same lard ass that gave us pc3. whatever it is, it will suck ass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

He didn't give us PC3 - Bandai Namco did. Do some proper research.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

I am from eastern Europe and i host races for people from Australia and even race with them. We pretty much never had any issues because our connections are stable even when we have 500 ping between each other, we can raced for many months at this point without problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Can Reiza just fix the F-Classic ghost driver bug pls? :confused:

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Patience

8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Another problem wit the PCARS2 MPRS is, that it does not work in multiclass series. Beeing first in your class makes you just another loser.

9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is a USP?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scar666

It's a livery override feature atm...

Either you get flashy liveries or drivers... :whistle:

11. Scar666

Yeah the pings between 350 and 500 are very drivable still... That's just where the little jitters begin for me and the chances of a warp from a spotty connection rise, but if their connection is stable it's easy enough to race cleanly... When I see a ping in that range I usually give it a lap or 2 before I make any moves so I can know if I need to leave extra space...

And on a Just Race server if I see anything over 400ms everyone is jittery, some worse than others and it's not ping dependant... And I have to expect some warps...

12. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Unique Selling Point

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Pays to remember that AMS2 in its form wouldn't exist without this guy. ;)

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep. And nobody actually has to buy PC3, if they bought PC2 in the 5 years it was sold and people can still buy it from key sites.

15. TomLehockySVK

This would also be absolutely amazing to have AMS2.
    EuroNASCAR . Footage from Brands Hatch.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. B Stu

B Stu Member

Oh did somebody actually buy it )

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Going back to the speech of the MP, i understand that there is no problem in visualizing the opponent with delays of 250-300 pings even "Tom" reports that he has no problems with half a second (500ms) of ping delay, and that the movements can be seen of cars fluid, because perhaps the MP unlike other SIMs, does not show strange things with those high pings and therefore AMS2 has greater resistance with high pings before it breaks the fluidity and the flashing of the vehicles. But certainly also having 250-300 ms of ping, certainly does not report the exact position of a vehicle because we are talking about 0.3 Seconds and when you are at close range both see old vehicle positions of 0.3 seconds before and therefore many meters of difference considering the cruising speed of that given moment. I don't want to do any physics lessons, but objectively, many times in the phases of the fight, I have seen many strange things between me and the opponent, and the opponent has seen something else. I mean, it's mathematically impossible to say I with 300 - 500 ms competed without problems, because it's false, it really isn't. because 500 ms of delay or even 300 ms is an eternity with many meters of difference in space.
    Ultimately what I want to say and that we can not justify by saying that in my experience with 300-500 ms everything is fine, because I can tell you that in your perspective and in the opponent's perspective there is an eternity of differences, when you are in fight they are all noticeable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did because I was really hoping the trailer was trolling us... sadly it wasn't and I returned it on Steam ans promptly bought the AMS2 season pass.

I never understood the hate towards SMS, other than from gamers that were disappointed by PC3. I assume most people didn't get in on WMD? It was very profitable to those involved...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

pCars1/2 sold pretty well by pure numbers, you can assume that most people buying it weren't involved with WMD statistically yeah.

20. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Maybe they don't deserve the hate, but Ian Bell certainly deserves a lot of criticism along with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Both PC1 and 2 promised so much but delivered so little. Broken promises and many bugs plagued both titles. That legacy still exists in AMS2, although Reiza are bringing (albeit slowly) the promise of the Madness Engine's potential to reality. After believing the hype of PC1 and being sadly disappointed by the state it was left in, I bought PC2 at the end of it's development cycle on sale. Never could I bring myself to believe in, or buy, PC3. Consequently nothing that comes from Ian Bell's hype train is to be believed in my opinion. The vision was great, the execution fell way short. He will have to produce something absolutely outstanding for me to spend money on anything that comes from his projects again. Remember the Madness Box?!

All that said the Madness Engine is still technically way ahead of any sim on the market, save perhaps BeamNG which is, by it's very nature, a different kettle of fish.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1