1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I would want to see some additional weather patterns added too. Why isn't there a "distant thunderstorm" option ? Normal thing to see storms in real life far in the distance (or even close by) with no rain close to where you'd be.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Hahaha, sorry, bad spelling, I meant Rfactor2 new replay cameras.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Distant thunderstrom complete with "Bury The Light" from the Devil May Cry soundtrack that plays in time with the lighting strikes and crackles of thunder and raises in volume and intensity as the Storm grows closer.

You couldn’t tell me this wouldn't be epic. Rain approaching as you plunge into the rapidly growing darkness. Only the headlights of your Group C car to lead the way and the occasional flash of lightning revealing the damaged bodywork from hours of racing. Its cold, its slippery, you don't know where you are, yet you find yourself once again dancing with the devil at 200mph, your competition not far behind in the mirror. Will you survive to see the sun rise?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do agree it would be very cool to have however itd be very hard to pull off. Things like closeness to the storm, the location of the storm, speed of the storm, and the size of the storm are aspects that are necessary to pull this off. It would be amazing, but I just don't see it happening with AMS2 any time soon.

5. TomLehockySVK

What is difficult to implement thunderstorm conditions but just not having it rain ? People should stop using the argument of everything being a super complicated absolutely insanely impossible task. Just have everything behave like during the Thunderstorm weather pattern, but without rain. Done.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there are so many things to be improved right now but not being in a thunderstorm and not getting wet.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. TomLehockySVK

You could write "There are more important things to be done" to more than half of things that people suggest or ask about. But just because there are things with a higher priority doesn't mean anything else should be ignored or not even considered ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also replying with "Your suggesting isn't important now" is flat-out counterproductive and adds nothing to a discussion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeeeeeees

9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Dylan Hale If I remember correctly I've raced a one or a couple where it was dry on the track, but in the distance I could see it getting cloudy and rainy. Even saw rain falling on a specific spot. So amazing, but it also could be it's a false memory and I saw it in real life, tho. It really amazing to see such things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have not seen that in the game, it simulates different moisture levels along the track and it can be dry on one part and wet in another, it's something the game does better than any other sim. But you will always see the rain falling, even in the dry parts.

Only GT7 has rain falling on different areas, and I think GP4 kind of simulated that as well, but might be wrong, been a while since I played it. Lets hope it's possible to do it in AMS2, would be pretty cool.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You write what you want, I write what I think. I don't see a problem with that.
    For me, other points are simply more important. That's all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only complaint I have with GT7's weather system is it's always moving too fast and you can't zoom out far enough to know more than a lap or two before a change. I also don't think the weather is available to external dashboards, which would be incredibly useful (in case everyone isn't aware, simhub works with GT7 as of a few months ago).

13. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The way I interpreted your comment is a thunder storm being seen in the distance, growing larger before eventually impacting the track. There are a lot of variables here and neither of us are programers or meteorologists, otherwise we'd be doing something better than bickering here.

Even the seemingly simplest things are complicated to do right, ironically enough oval racing is a prime example of this. Why do many people dismiss oval racing as boring and easy? Because they don't understand the variables that make it so difficult and complex.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Just having the option to disable specific weather conditions from the random list would make me very happy tbh .

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

I agree, but careful, you might be told "But there are more important things to be improved than weather stuff" by some people here.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

When i drive nordschleife with my friends on discode, someone said its raining but other place got rain later than that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Nordschleife is big enough for such scenario. Most tracks area is simply too small to get that

• Like Like x 2
  18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Makes me think of the German GP a few years ago

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

i got same experience in brands hatch indi. time gap was smaller of course.

20. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Not true. I've experienced rainfall on specific areas of the track many times (last time was Silverstone I think). I would find myself driving into and out of belts of falling rain, and then move onto dryer sections in between. The rain wasn't visibly falling on the dry sections.

• Agree Agree x 10