1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Man am I glad you mentioned this!

This has been my biggest problem with the title and was constantly tweaking my ffb settings trying to get this dialed in with the base ffb but never had any luck.
    I gave up and moved to a custom ffb file, which helped a bit but I still have instances where I have no detail of what the car is doing and kinda saw at the wheel till I get a understeer or over steer effect to kick in....than hope I can get control of the car before it's too late.

The amount of times I've lost control and ruined a great session due to this deadzone detail lol

If they can fix this deadzone area it would truely transform the overall feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If Reiza does add historic F2, please include the March-BMW 782:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly this visual bug was/is ALSO the case with the normal/modern Bathurst version. I always saw it at that corner while driving in VR.

It would be great if this could be fixed in both versions!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is not a universal feature of the FFB in the game. More likely a result of your settings. If you want some help to sort it out, provide the details of your wheel hardware and settings (wheel and in-game).

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. john Ellis

If you haven't already, you may want to try out some different camera settings. Some users report minimizing such effects (call it transient floatiness or whatever) by toning down active head movement, activating legacy head movement, and the like. Depending upon your setup, it might help. Several youtube guys have offered guidance along these lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

It depends on your wheel and settings.I have as Thrustmaster TS-PC as you can see above.Maybe you provide your wheel + settings too?
    I will try Danielcarts Custom FFB file for interest,but imo i had not found a better ffb as Default+ with
    gain:60 (+/-) LFB:30 FX:25 Damping:30 and i tryed a lot custom files.

7. john Ellis

Yay or Nay: The Lotus 98T in AMS2 is ridiculously faster than the F-Classic Gen1 cars it competes against.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yay. I literally drove this car a few hours ago, at Monza 1991 in a qualifying session, and myself and Senna locked out the front row by 1.6 seconds! 105% ai skill.

monza_lockout.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

Well in real life, Pole was a 1.24.0.

Senna qualified 5th with a 1.24.9

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

@Marc Collins @john Ellis @Dady Cairo

Thrustmaster TX exactly the same settings as you accept with slightly lower LFB.
    TM profile: 75/100/100/100

John I've played with the settings alot and finally settled with pretty similar settings to this video.

Marc, I've started several threads here and on RD regarding my issue of lack of lateral tire grip which you have helped with.
    The issue started after the v1.4 dropped.
    Prior to that build I could feel the tire building grip all the way up too and past max grip which went light representing loss of grip.
    It also created this weird effect that made alot cars steering feel like 3 wheel trikes losing the sense of 4 wheels.

I feel bumps and curbs but when the wheel turns it's just a weighted spring missing all the tires levels of grip it had before.

Default + I find is over compressed and increases the spring effect when turning.

Prior to v1.4 I was totally content with using default ffb.

Wheel is upto date running the 2023 drivers and firmware.
    Cars always get reset to default each build.
    Deleted user file, custom ffb, even did a complete reinstall of the game.

Of late, I've just settled with Daniel karts 3-5nm belt custom ffb file as it's giving me better tire detail than the base files.

Edit: I just tried the default+ using the exact same settings as DaddyCario I can say it feels much better than I experienced in the past where I said I had the 3 wheel trike and over compressed feeling....but I still lack that front end turn in bite, tires setting/loading and varying levels of grip...the car feels light and slidy.

I just tried Daniels new file and the front end feel on turn in is excellent!
    If I can just figure out how to reduce the overall steering strength, I'd be 100% content :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What you are describing here I suspect is linked to the scrub balancing and in particular front scrub that took place after v1.4.

For more in depth info please search the beta testing forum with my name attached and you will find a handful of posts on this topic and other recent FFB developments..

"In the latest round of beta updates the primary focus was frontal scrub/slip resistance balancing for all classes mentioned above. There were some inconsistencies of how a class of vehicles would communicate this Fx vibration & resistance bleed off. Just about every corner at Spa will produce this to some degree and it's how much or how little resistance there is when the front tyre starts to scrub/slip throughout the corner.. For example a couple of vehicles would instantly loose majority FFB resistance as soon as there was minimal front scrub/slip resulting in applying too much steer angle and a loss of feeling for what the font end is doing."

"I can confirm this on a couple of classics I have driven tonight as the front & rear scrub/slip resistance needs some fine tuning. I've already started to dial this in locally for Gen1. That said I am not into providing instant and dramatic resistance bleed off to over communicate scrub/slip which can then lead to some over steer angle inputs. It should be a nice progression and just enough to tell you whats happening whilst maintaining a feel for what the front end is doing rather than a feeling as if you instantly are driving on ice with minimal scrub/slip. How this all gets communicated on various gear is not always clear although at least all cars within class will be uniform which was not always the case as previously in GT3/4 we had some cars at the opposite end of the spectrum."

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Kurupt CDN - I think you mentioned you use Fx 100.. As a test please reducing that to see if it helps you in this area..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kurupt CDN

FX for me is 25
    Thrustmaster TX
    75/100/100/100
    In-game settings:
    Strength 60-65
    LFB 2
    FX 25
    Dampening 30

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Change LFB to 30 let everythin else as it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Good, sounds like you are getting close. I would try to get the Default+ working for no other reason than to have a base line to judge the custom file against.

I don't know what the TM settings do...but hopefully those are the default/neutral settings. If not, move to those before trying to adjust anything in the game.

The in-game settings won't be the same when optimized for the custom file versus Default+, so keep track of what works for each separately!

For Default+, I would try a bit more LFB (up to 10-ish) and perhaps a bit less Damping.

Just saw @Dady Cairo message and he is suggesting even higher LFB. He has a similar wheel, so that may be better advice. Regardless, you should try 0, 10, 20 and 30 to be sure that you understand how and what it is affecting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Can we please have an option to turn off Ai lights in day rain running? It is a little dark but the Ai don't need lights and the performance impact is so large it renders rain in VR unplayable as soon as the Ai lights are in. Cars without lights are fine so it is 100% Ai lights that are killing performance.
    An option to toggle them on or off is needed because in flat screen modes the lights don't have this problem and some people will prefer to have lights work but I'm sure most if not all VR racers would prefer to have them off.
    Well this unless Reiza find a solution to the headlight performance issue!

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

Honestly thats not correct - my good man:)
    The proof is to check out the fact that on a lot of TT LBs the Gen1 are topping the 98T out.
    But as a user of both cars there is some tracks where the 98T is faster - and vice versa :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Holy hell, what a post in response to a small jibe. Couldn't get a bigger cannon to shoot that sparrow, I guess?

Anyway, my post was not about injecting "unnecessary negativity", but about expectation management. The very same people who are currently planning their drives on the Nordschleife 1971 at the end of March are going to be complaining when it doesn't come to fruition.

• Like Like x 1
  19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think, some of the people who are planning their drives on Nordschleife 1971 at the end of March plan their drives on Nordschleife 1971 at the end of March only to have a reason for complaining at the end of March when Nordschleife 1971 is not released at the end of March.:confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also think tha VFX Pros response is a bit harsh, but you trying to spin your post as expectation management is laughable.

• Agree Agree x 2