1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Now that you mention it, there are two files, named ADVERTISEMENTS01 and ADVERTISEMENTS02, in the Automobilista 2\TextureOverrides\International_adv\Tracks\Textures folder. Why ask permission? Just make a couple of new versions with other brands and see if it works!

Update: I generated a couple of blank .DDS files based on the two in the folder, but the original billboard graphics still showed up at the track. That's either because my versions weren't formatted exactly as needed (a real possibility, in all honesty) or something else is needed to trigger the files in that folder.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

FWIW, I ran a Steam integrity check this morning, and it found 1 file that needed replacing. For my part, I don't perceive any changes for the worse compared to the previous V1.4.6.1.

3. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not asking for permission, it's more to know if we're on the right path, but as I own an AMS2 league in Brazil and we're reformulating some things, it would be interesting to appear on the track.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How would one fix this? I have a friend whose settings get lost all the time.

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

make sure to install the game as "run as admin" or override the folders permissions on the computer.

6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would that be done by selecting the folders properties and then the "security" tab? And from there select what?

7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

A mate asked if there were changes to the Lola because it's got far too much understeer on the ovals now... So I hit reset to defaults to make sure I had cleared out my set up to see what they meant...

They were correct, the Lola is now the understeer car when it was the oversteer car...

The Lola now has more understeer than the Reynard...

And the spool diffs are no longer useless on the speedways... It no longer makes the rear slip out from under you for no reason... There's just more exit wheel spin from T2 and T4 at Indy than a tuned LSD...

Maybe it's a case of a change somewhere else made a change to the CART gen 1 Lola?

9. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Got the Historic Track Pack in the recent sale.....Really enjoying the ambiance of Bathurst 1983, and Conrod Straight with the older Gt's and Opala's. I also really enjoy the old version of Jerez, the right-left combo that they removed later is a lot of fun in the F-Classic's. I was not that familiar with Cascais, but it has a nice flow that I will be coming back to. I bought the pack for Bathurst, but the other tracks are well worth having. Bargain.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately, it's deeper than this.
    You may find many textures lost in the game folder, but the real texture called by the game is packed into a bff file.
    We have mainly two ways of changing it, modding the game so the game look for that file outside the package file or asking Reiza to implement a texture override feature for this.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This was always the case.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Are we both imagining things that it was the Reynard that was the understeery one and the Lola was the oversteery one?

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Reynard was always more oversteery (makes sense because the front aero is more effective) and the Lola always more understeery. (Especially Gen2/3)
    Lola is going into the "dirt oval slide" more likely though when it overcomes that plough.

These issues will go away eventually. :)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

now I am a person who understood the point where I want to go.

15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Am very excited to see what updates these cars are going to get!

16. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So after tallying up all the content released thus far. Here's the list of the stuff teased, soon to be released, or spoken about for the future of AMS 2 that we know about and is rumored

Not offical, just guesstimate from what we've seen and heard!

Historic Nurburgring (supposedly releasing next week)

Extreme Pack Part 1 (featuring dirt racing) (Q1-Q2 of 2023)

Premium Track Pack 6 (Unknown release) (Rumored to be Barcelona, Fuji, or Zandvoort)

Racing USA Part 4 (releasing Q2-Q3 2023) (Expected to have at least 1 oval track)

Aston Martin (teased with Nissan, still MIA)

Lamborghini (Seen in code, MIA)

Another DPI (teased with racing USA part 1)

"Unnamed French low downforce track that for legal reasons cannot be called Lemans" (No release date but expected to release around the running of the 24 hours of lemans)

Extremely Pack Part 2 (Extreme pack was said to be as large as Racing USA so expecting 3 parts)

Historic track pack 2

Supercars pack 2 (massively hope for a increase in value for part 2. Part 1 kinda sucked)

Ford (logos seen in game and on open wheelers)

Ferrari (logos seen in game)

Honda/Acura (logos used on various open wheelers)

Toyota (currently in the game with the Brazilian stock cars and with CART)

More Reiza Generic cars?

And then the big one. Now that MSG has kicked the Indycar bucket down the road for another year. Will Indycar come back to Reiza? (If not will we see another attempt at a generic modernish indycar. Maybe a what could have been version of the hybrid regulations?)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 7
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the IndyCar 2023 mod out there I don't think Reiza needs to sweat over this content anymore. That mod is top notch quality as is. Either work on making a plug & play mod support, or officially incorporate the car to the game. The first option is far more valuable and free from MSG bs.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Officially integrating it into the game is illegal. Only option is to make mod installation a more simple process than what it currently is.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Shoveit

Shoveit New Member

Passing by just to say that after I reconnected my wheel the issue with out of sync wheel that was talked about right after the hot fix release has not appeared anymore. A few days without a problem, plus the soft lock is fixed.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don’t forget that future updates (probably after the extreme pack) will have endurance focus so we can expect some updates and new cars from endurance Brasil (like the Sigma G5) and maybe more Le Mans prototypes (hopefully some classic additions, I’d kill for multiple generations of group C)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1