1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Long term, I wish the player cap in MP would be updated for a few circuits. I know it may be an engine level issue, but the closer we've gotten to 32 players, the more frequent lobby bugs seem to be. I know it's a pipe-dream, but 40-100 car endurance races at Daytona, Nürburgring, and Spa would be amazing. Looking at how packed the grid was at this year's Rolex 24, it would be fun to recreate this with proper driver swaps (probably not ever happening, but it's nice to dream).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

at 32 cars, the position tracking and overall network traffic get so high that we're pushing the limit of gaming. That's why many games are capped at 32, sometimes 64, or 128 people.

Yesterday, a large lobby with 30 people was experiencing all sorts of issues, flickering, wrong country flags in sessions listings, etc...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

More info in the Reddit link in the video description.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. VFX Pro

Are you talking about 60 cars in AI single player?? I'm talking about online multiplayer, very different topic and complexity level.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

For my part, I would rather Reiza prioritize AI quality over AI quantity in AMS2. But it looks like a harmless bit of fun for the community to explore. Given the nature of the Madness engine--it is my understanding that every individual car needs to be calibrated for every track--I think they will have their hands full standardizing AI behavior across all car/track combinations.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm very interested! Does that mean that when a certain low downforce French track arrive we could run a near full grid there?

I need da sauce

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

same

8. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I recommend checking out the GPlaps video posted above. But in short yes, it would probably be doable.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I'm talking about AI here, I very rarely touch on the MP side of things because I have little experience with it.

10. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I keep forgetting to log my network bandwidth during multiplayer races. I've meant to do that for months now for idle curiosity's sake.

11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, the country flags will bug out with 3 people, let alone 30. Just another bug in the list of legacy Pcars2 issues.

That said, I haven't seen the session hang bug in months. Reiza did mostly fix that one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. VFX Pro

Note, I was talking about the bandwidth on the server side... having to track 32 cars positions and many other items and broadcast such info back to 32 other computers, you can imaging things can get out of hand quickly (like a typical Turn 1 in MP mode)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I have seen other reports of this and experienced it myself. P, Q and R have an effective scaling amongst them. Q should be fastest, of course.

14. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think AMS2's peer-to-peer system renders the server's actual bandwidth useless as the first player to join the ded becomes the host and all clients merge their bandwidths off each other. In our experience, we have a ded on a 1gbt server but suffer all the shortcomings listed in this forum regarding MP & quality of the sessions changes a lot depending on who hosts our sessions, example: I'm in the US, and when I'm hosting certain players get bad lag and discos, if someone in euro host it's me that gets the lag ect.. meanwhile, the server sits on a 1gbt connection not utilizing its bandwidth. On our other game servers that use traditional ded's we have no issues at all with everyone connecting and having lag-free experiences...

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. VFX Pro

Let me know when you are hosting in the US, I've not been able to find US servers. I'm on the East Coast. I wish the MP was a true server side instead of P2P and depending on the user's bandwidth and computer for a decent experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

I am really interested as well! I would like to have multi classes races with a 6 or 7 classes. With 60 cars I would be able to have around 10 cars for each class, which would be much more satisfactory than now where I need to restrict the races on 3 to 4 classes max. I hope it’s doable! This alone would exploit much better AMS2 strengths of having all these varied categories available in the simulator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

As we saw through videos and screenshots that many cars already IS possible. Even if it was not official it should at least exists as a mod so we can have 60 cars on the track for proper multiclass racing.
    ss165617.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is why I'm curious enough to consider recording the bandwidth usage. Although to do it properly I'd have to record usage as both host and client, record player numbers for each part of the recording, and also record bandwidth usage from other sims for comparison. I'm not sure if I can be bothered that much unless it's useful to Reiza (or the community) somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get that against AI in single player mode, always have, it is not just an online thing

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. VFX Pro

Very low priority IHMO vs improving the numerous other issues in MP. Let's get it to work properly with 32 cars online first so we can hopefully attract more iracing and acc players.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1