1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The problem is not criticizing its how you do it, believe me, many people are already tired in this forum of how you make your points.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we need Reiza to drop the update or at least a teaser before we'll be arguing who shot first and regardless of who it was, there will be casualties ;)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

As we await the release of Nürburgring Historic 1971, here's a ballad--penned by ChatGPT--using your profundity as inspiration:

Verse 1:
    You think you know me, but you don't
    Assuming things that you should not
    You said I'm just being dramatic
    But trust me, it's more than just static

Chorus:
    You are mistaken, can't you see?
    I complained about a great deal of things
    My heart is heavy, my soul is weak
    It's time to set my worries free

Verse 2:
    I spoke up, but you didn't hear
    You dismissed my words, my pain, my fear
    I tried to explain, but you shut me down
    Left me alone, feeling like a clown

Chorus:

Bridge:
    I won't be silenced, I won't give in
    I'll rise above the doubts and the din
    My voice is strong, my spirit brave
    I'll face the storm, I won't be a slave

Chorus:

Outro:
    I'll find my way, I'll walk my path
    I'll find the light, I'll break the dark
    You may have doubted me before
    But watch me soar, watch me roar.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Truth is, many people did not understand your first post because you weren't articulate enough with your english. Going passive-aggressive afterwards is not going to aid your crusade. And labelling people who have pointed out issues of all kind within the game throughout the years as ''fanboys'', just because they don't see the same issue you are seeing as a dooming one, even less so.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I wish he would use Deepl for his translation.Maybe it changes something.......or not;)

6. Turbo Granny

I wont go into that point because english is not the first language of many people here, me included, but maybe if he knew how to make his points in a less... unpleasant way, it's as you said, no translator will do that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I always say, just criticize and the fans show up, the best thing is that I don't care who likes my comments, if you don't, block me. I will continue repeatedly to say things, because if the problem is not there, I have nothing to criticize, unfortunately AMS2 is no longer a simulator, and turned into a Forza, full of cars to please a small group that does not care about the deep problems of the game, they just want a development update to see which track will arrive or which new car, the truth is purely this, and if you enter the "topic" of problems, there are things from 2020 that had no response, again, they just say amen to the game as long as some track or car arrives next month, if the half that comes here to answer me had played the more than a thousand hours on AMS1 that I have several here that somehow agree with something I write, yes AMS2 at 3 years old it is still beta close to AMS1, you would understand the frustration of many here, what matters in the end is the graphics, dynamic weather that nobody uses, 2 tracks and a car every 2 months is great, yes I don't speak English, but even so I will enter and continue to complain until the product is in my opinion with the quality it should have, it will not be some language that will prevent me from continuing, who does not like it, go in my name and ignore it, that your problem will be over.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wasn't criticizing that English isn't your main language, it was just that your description of how the cars differ didn't translate well. Your English is way better than my second language, just sometimes things don't translate 1:1.

User criticism has helped fix many issues already such as the differential bug. Crimson and many others were critical over the driveline issues and it helped with noticable improvements.

Helpful criticism is one thing, elitist attitudes and mocking other players as "only NFS players" doesn't help. If AMS2 is beyond fixing in your opinion, then why waste time in this forum complaining? I don't particularly enjoy iRacing physics, but I'm not going to whine about it 24/7 on their forum.

• Agree Agree x 15
  9. Turbo Granny

Now we have the AMS1 elite. Anyway, nobody is saying the game doesnt have problems, just whatever man, do as you wish, you are blocked for a long time believe me, I just get curious sometimes what the discussion is about. What I'm saying is if you act less like a brat people will respect your opinion and listen to you more, just an advice for life.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm more amused at the amazing level of irony of this reply, rather than how confidently incorrect it is.
    The fact that AMS2 replays aren't a 1:1 representation of it's physics, is a criticism of it.
    Live For Speed for example, has replays that are a 1:1 representation. Other titles have more accurate replays than AMS2 does. I was just pointing the fallacy of judging physics by looking at trackside replays.

But, you clearly missed this in your blind ambition to stalk 'fanboys' in the forums. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Ricardokil

Buddy, where do I say that for a physics to be good the replay has to be realistic? Stop seeing fur in egg, that's why I call it a fanboy, I said that you run and the replay gives you another experience and comparing it to the real thing it's very different, the Iracing replay is ****, but Stock there is much better than AMS2, for this I call you fanboys, just criticize something, and you come with technical explanations, in another case a user here said that the person to criticize has to have modeling knowledge, and experience in working with a graphics engine, because they do everything and enter with complicated explanations so that people who don't know, believe what you're saying, that's why I say that they like to put people down, if someone tells me that AMS2 is completely bad, as I'm not a fanboy, I would simply answer, I don't agree, try cars a, b, or c and you will see that there are good cars in the game, I don't need to say that the graphics engine is similar to the other engine in the previous game, that the tire tread is the most realistic because of the x and y circles, and if the person still doesn't agree with me, I'll let it go, but you fanboys, lose sleep over someone who thinks differently from you, if replay is 1.1, 2.2, 3.3 it proves that AMS2 has one more problem to solve, because it is sold in the title of the Sim which is a simulator, it has to simulate everything that is possible from reality, including the replay.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

At this point, I'm nearly convinced that you are a failed job applicant at Reiza.
    Your unhinged and unprovoked rants indicate a massive chip on your shoulder that must have come from somewhere.

Anyway, welcome to my ignore list.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I hate to point out the obvious, but a simulation is not reality. The original Automobilista simulates some things better than AMS2; conversely, AMS2 simulates other things better than Automobilista. Both have—and always will have—shortcomings as simulations of reality. These simple principles also apply to every comparison between racing sims ever made. Either drive one or drive the other, drive both, or drive neither. Even after offering support and constructive criticism (which, by definition, is criticism, not fan service) aimed at helping Reiza build a better racing simulator, there are inevitable limits to what will be accomplished.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ricardokil

Wow, you will be sorely missed...

15. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

If it wasnt because you are way out of line with your patronizing other people - by calling them fanbois and outpouring your frustrations both about this game but probably also about other things - then I would agree with as example the content of the quotation above.;)
    But because you are overdoing your critical outpourings then I dont want to get involved in your rather goofy kamikaze crusade against this game.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since the situation here is quite heated up ill

Change things up with an off topic review (first impressions of the VRC mods)

Chevrette (Camaro GTO) drives like it should, its an amazing car and mr @TomLehockySVK should make some nascar skins for it

only downside is the visual damage that is quite bearbones

the Auris is fun easier to drive but sill not ultra forgiving, it has a sligly better damage model only missing a detailed engine bay and front bumper damage, but sadly the sound is off, I believe this is a AMS 2 modding limitation sadly, hopefully in the future we can have custom sound mods

I sped a lot of time trying several mods in AMS 2 after a sugestion to look for a GT3 private mod (which led me to find the FIA GT1 mod with cars I absolutely adore) and im loving it, the cars feel a lot better than i tought they would on my wheel, the potential is tremendous, cant wait for modding improvements coming soon in AMS 2 updates

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

If i can get the wireframe / UV map thing for it, i can start working on that.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I
    believe the templates as well as base for liveries is included in the mod
    But looking at the audi skin set, the installation is slightly different

• Like Like x 1
  19. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Good products are built on the backbone of constructive criticism and respectful dialogue, not incessant complaining and rudeness.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I know it's a bit taboo for some people, as the models aren't scratch made...

But this pack really shows how much can be done modding the Madness engine on the physics side... There's a lot of cars in there that feel unique to drive and have their own characteristics...

And as more scratch made mods come out and the community learns through those mods the limit is people's imaginations... Not just the library of old games... But so much more...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1