1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I need to have another crack at the mods , I’m not great with PC’s and struggling with getting them to work.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The IC23 mod shows what could be perfectly. Everything about that mod is perfect, from the liveries, the slight visual differences between the cars, the turning of the AI, using sounds we've never heard before (as custom sounds aren't a thing yet). In many ways, its more solid than the vanilla content of AMS 2, taking advantage of custom AI with a stable list of drivers that act like their real counterparts and differentiate the performance of the cars. If Future mods are held to that high of a standard, then the future if AMS 2 modding is extremely bright.

The VRC mods are both good as far as ports go. Well worth the small price tag IMO to get cars like that into the more aggressive driving friendly world of the madness engine. The Camaro is a dream to drive, the Audi is a tricky little rocketship, but togeather its suffers the same issues as the Vanilla Classic GT and Touring car in AMS 2.

You have 2 cars of wildly different performance, with 1 being far stronger than the other in basically all situations apart from it being harder to drive. (Which the AI doesn't care about). Thats realistic, but we really need a 3rd car thats somewhere between the two, to hound the Audi and act as a drafter partner for the Camaro.

Also the VRC cars are in desperate need of a custom AI setup, because they use AMS 2's subpar baseline AI with no car class or track turning that puts them on max attack all the time. They race you like every lap is the last, attempting to pass you on every turn on the inside or outside, and are willing to ram you out of the way on the higher aggressions. It's fun for short races but infuriating for longer races.

On a side note, until HSS or Reiza releases a stock car. The Camaro acts as a fantastic stand in. (Even without the AI tuning the oval cars usually have.) It's a 2 and 3 wide pack race at 190mph at Daytona, but you have to crank the difficulty and aggression to get it to work.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

For me every little bit that encourages others helps... More scratch made content helps more than ports from other titles, but at the end of the day for me anything that encourages modding teams to get to work on AMS2 is a good thing...

My point was that with what is possible in terms of the physics it will encourage more scratch built models being brought into AMS2 as the model builders realise their work won't end up driving like a combi van or at best exactly the same as stock content...

There's some who believe that mod you praise is running GT3 physics because they don't believe that AMS2 can be modded... A GT3 that handles like that? I'd actually really enjoy driving GT3s if that was the case...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The GT3's from Thunderflash drive really good and I'm not a fan of GT3 cars.

5. Scar666

Yeah I was talking about another mod there... But I agree they do show that differences in physics are possible with mods... They aren't all clones of the stock GT3s... And they don't drive like they were from a pCARS game either...

For me GT3s just always felt a bit of a numb experience with the driving aids... ACC just enhanced that too far for me and it's actually uninstalled now because the league I was using it for switched to AC because of variety and AMS2's unreliability didn't warrant a 2nd series alongside their IMSA series... In which I'm firmly in a DPi every series...

6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Anybody gets the feeling the super V8's steering is swaying all over the place in straight lines, I keep feeling the need to make this mini corrections all the time, tried reseting tunings, all the shenanigans, is this how this car is supposed to feel?

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me the recent mods were a big revelation that the "AMS2 feel" is more of a Reiza choice in tuning and not specifically a Madness engine thing. The IC23 mod felt massively different than the Formula USA content, not in a bad/good way, just very different. I understand there's still limitations, but it feels fairly believable.

Same with the VRC mods, they feel good, but very different. Not all of the mods available feel quite as believable. The S15 mod has some quirks that make me wonder if it's a mod issue or an engine issue (proper drifting wasn't very good in PC2, and while much better in AMS2, there's still some weird behaviors with the handbrake/locked wheels). Still, I'd love to see RSS or others bring new content over.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Turbo Granny

With all this stock car talk before I decided to race a stock car race at Interlagos, I had FUN starting last and going up the grid until my engine exploded because I was too optmistic with the radiator opening, the game might not simulate every particle of the universe but I dont think racing against AI can get much better than this, in some combinations of classes and tracks it can be pretty good, probably better in iRacing but I never tried. That said I still dont understand what those inane rantings were about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Many thanks.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

It's not yet there where it should be to 100%.
    But it got better.It's one of the cars we discuss with every new beta release.;)
    Seems not so easy to fix in short time.

• Informative Informative x 5
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Stock cars at interlagos is the default combo, so reiza always make this combo as best as they can

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

playing at 80% in AI, anything is wonderful...rsss still manages to explode engine rssss T-rex arm...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Scar666

I've noticed this, I don't remember this being the case last year... But it does like to track all over the road no matter what you do to the set up...

In some cases it's almost like it's got a wheel without a steering rod and it's tracking all over the place...

Yeah the default set ups really do leave a bit to be desired... But for someone with a different driving style they may love them... I just really struggle with a high steering ratio, I'm too old to react that fast... Plus some of the brake bias settings are too far forwards for me to make a corner in a lot of cases... Then there's the snap oversteer that occurs from the understeer that is in nearly every default set up...

There's no real other thing to point the finger at... Because it's not tyres and real world numbers were entered from the various sims that have the car... rF2 being a great resource for this... So a lot of the difference in feel is directly from the default set up...

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes I've noticed this too , been like it for me for at least a year if not more .
    I have found that the default and default+ ffb really exaggerate the sensation so after trying various custom ffb files found Daniel's and a couple others reduce the effect significantly, still not perfect but hugely more drivable.
    Regarding the default ffb I do find on my direct drive wheel that it's way to over reactive even with damping cranked right up .

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yes please, a toggle to remove headlights totally if the player wants would be fantastic.

Previously on triple screens i didnt have any concerns for this but now back in VR the performance hit is so huge as soon as headlights are on, even in day rain conditions the performance tanks. Cars without headlights are fine in this time but the headlights aren't even needed for the Ai but they all switch on for rain driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would add that the F Inter for example already feels like a step ahead in many respects. My perception is that Reiza is following a certain methodology in the way they devise their physics, driven by the data/info they have and what they learn about Madness Engine physics models. For a modder probably this methodology is less relevant when compared to the feeling their creation yields.
    I think in time there will be again more improvements by Reiza in the physics department, I'm sure they note and want to address some of the same quirks as we do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Turbo Granny

I remember in one or two patches it felt normal, than it got weird again.

True, also tried with default and default + and it becomes worse, with a custom ffb it is driveable but really not enjoyable.

19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It's a known issue and has been since about a year, but I think Reiza are operating under the assumption that FFB mitigates most of it and therefore haven't prioritized fixing it.

If you turn FFB off or like me, don't have it, it gets really extreme.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Turbo Granny

90% of the default tunings could be made more acceptable by decreasing gear ratios to 4 or 2 and making the front rollbar softer, one of the things I dont understand is why the setups are so extreme by default.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1