1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the wishes are personal
    I would like more damping in the front and a stiffer front anti-roll bar, and 100% brake,
    That is why I don't like the Force default setup setting in MP lobbies, It is a great disadvantage for the people who don;t like the default setups and makes racing in those lobbies unfair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Done it , The Callaway Corvette GT3 makes me :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

The only thing the forced default setups does is to force everybody to run the same un-optimal setups for a car.
    It forces even skilled drivers to run this lowest common denominator setup.
    And this is just because some more casual "drivers" dont want other drivers to be able adjust a car to a more personal fitting behaviour.

ByTheWay: As allways using lowest common denominator make things equal - but not optimal & fun.:whistle:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Of course it's personal, for example I dont know how you can tune a car like that without it becoming a brake locking and understeer fest, but we are both agreeing the base tunings are not ok at least. I dont play online but yeah, locking to default tuning seems dumb.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The main problem of defaults is that spring rates don't correlate with weight distribution. Fix that and they become instantly driveable.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. BrunoB

instantly driveable - for whom?
    All people?:)

ByTheWay: Of course I think I know what you mean. But people are so different and I guess that the change in your proposal will even make a default setup worse - for some people. :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Turbo Granny

Trying to make a base tuning that will please everyone is a pointless endeavour, but making a base tuning that at least wont make newcomers wonder wtf is going on with the game is possible.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Well, I finally got time to try the mods, and I must say I’m impressed. The Indycar mod is really very good, the handling is really nice. Maybe a bit more forgiving than I imagined, but it’s really believable, and a really fun car to drive. The GT1s are a blast to drive, the Vette is really good. I also loved the GT3 that I raced, and the AI for both Indycar and GT3 behaved really well. AMS2 was already my favourite sim, but with the mods, there’s no way back to any other Sim anymore. Single player experience is amazing with the mods, I’m really glad I did the process to enable them. I’m loving it. If someone do a Spirit of LeMans mod or a GTCP , or Historix one, no more sims will be needed for me.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Gear ratios are a case of too many tracks to cover... Basically they'd be aimed at either what the cars ran or set so they don't hit the limiter on the longest straights...

Completely agree about the ARBs... In a lot of cases the defaults are almost what I'd expect from a wet set up, with significantly softer rears than fronts... Whilst the brake bias is the opposite and it's set up outside of where I'd set it for the dry, in the wet you usually want to tune the bias rewards to stop the fronts from locking with less pressure on the front because of the lower speeds and braking attack...

I understand that one default for all tracks of that type makes it hard to get anything that will feel good in all conditions... So I know it's a hard job... But currently it feels like a case of trying to please everyone and failing because that's impossible due to the compromises that need to be made, but with the tracks and conditions as the people...

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. BrunoB

It would be very easy to agree with you - because it sounds so obvious.;)
    BUT BUT if you does check most of the top drivers on the TT lists then they use the exact same setup with VERY few (if any) changes from track to track.
    IF there is changes then it is almost allways only gearing ratios and wings.

ByTheWay: Im only talking about formula cars because thats the only ones Im interested in:D

11. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

This shows how excellent the default setups are. In my opinion, Ams2 has one of the best default setups out of all the simulations on the market. Ams2 has many different cars and classes and with a few changes, each car can be driven very well. For me, the standard setups are excellent

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. BrunoB

No it doesnt.
    Because very few (close to none) of the top drivers on the TT LBs use default setups.
    And in the rare exeptions then it is just because none of the really fast TT drivers has challenged the LB list on a certain track/car combi.
    Hehe or because a certain "default nerd" does use a lot of time and energy to prove what he can do with this awkward setup.:D

ByTheWay: If you generally could top these lists using the default setups then there would probably not be the constant demand for fixed setup races. OK?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

If you are only interested in Formula 1 cars anyway then your statement is not relevant to me;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Turbo Granny

I tend to agree with you in some cases, GT3 for example have ABS and TC and hardly anything you do will make it undriveable and thats ok, but the 80's F1, GT1 and even GTE base setups have some problems with oversteer, brake locking and such, if the person is not used to change that it can be a problem.

15. Turbo Granny

Do you have to follow this "by the way" pattern everytime you write? It's rather annoying and condescending. No offense but come on.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. BrunoB

Its an advantage if you try to communicate with someone in a forum if you read what he (or she) is writing.
    Formula 1 cars are only some of the FORMULA cars I fancy in AMS2.:whistle:

ByTheWay: What is relevant to you is your business. But eventhough I only use the formula cars in AMS2 then most of what other does write of their favorite cars (formula or not) is relevant to me;)

17. BrunoB

Yes.

ByTheWay: Would Sincerely Yours be better?:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Turbo Granny

haha good point, it's all subjective.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BrunoB

Im not specially confrontative on this subject.
    Its mostly for my own amusement.
    But also because most of the time this ByTheWay remark is something I just remember/figure out after I have created the comment.
    Hehe the Sincerely Yours thing is actually from another forum where somebody allways does finish his comments with Yours Andy :p

ByTheWay: The extremely few times I have got negative comments about this has almost allways been from people who does disagree with my oppinions/comments. But have had problems argumenting against them:D

20. Turbo Granny

I actually read your comment before as "would yours sincerely be better?" So I can understand the "figure it out after" part :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1