1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Ugh... I'd rather that performance overhead be put towards something else far more important than tree leaves.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This has probably been mentioned, but the game is still treating the Gen 2, 3, and 4 McLarens as a different class, starting in last each race.

Now it's started doing it with the lotus 98t too?

The Brabham's do not seem to be effected.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Pit entry at Bathurst 83 is not really wide enough for the Group C cars...

That being said, this has to be the greatest race that never happened.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

we can see compression ability of @Renato Simioni. he compressed these works as single sentence "Updated cockpit displays for all GT3 and GT4 cars with several improvements & corrections":eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. buraianisuto

buraianisuto New Member

When they added the tyre walls in back in 1982 it made it very narrow in the real world too.
    The one thing I did notice on pit entry was that the old James Hardie Centre building which was where the podium was held at the time was missing completely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

I managed to sneak the Nissan through :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Well there's plenty of stuff from the 70s and 80s that fits the track...

And because it's largely a few small safety features that have been added since the 60s, even the Formula Vintage cars fit great...

My biggest problem wasn't what fits the track, but which should I drive because there's too much choice... lol

8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the report! The problem with the McLaren & Lotus F-Classics has been identified and should be fixed in the next release.

• Like Like x 3
  9. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

The 3D trees are SOOO much better. Please can we get them on Oulton, Monza, Imola and Brands Hatch... and every track that has trees :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Are there any plans to improve the sounds of the Nissans? I find there is way too much wind and road noise and it makes it undrivable for me. The GT1 is particularly bad. If you drive any other car in the same class and then jump into the Nissan, it's very jarring!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know that there are plenty of cars from the 70s and 80s. My question is how do I get to know which of them are from these eras? What is the fastest way to find them? Do I have to google or read the description of all the cars or is there a filter for the decades (which would be the most convenient solution)?

12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a quick run last night.

The formula inter is a very fun car, however it doesnt show the type of tyre in the setup screen,also in the replay gallery it has an image/name of the corvette gtp low downforce.

Bathurst 1983 looks great, i need to check in race conditions, but i feel like it could use some more trackside objects here and there.

Regarding the TC adjustments on the formula V10 gen2, does the change mean that it kicks in not as quick out of a corner? Thats the only difference i could notice in my short test.

13. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing track indeed !

But same issues for me. And the advertisements not only flicker on this track but on MANY tracks in VR. At Long Beach for example ~30-40% of all advertisments flicker on distance(some even up to ~50 meters) and sadly enough this was never fixed, it couldn't be THAT difficult to fix.. And on many other tracks SOME advertisements flicker.

I really hope that the main track designer(s) of Reiza would buy an high resolution VR HMD and drive around all the tracks one day and fix all the flickering advertisments and other flickering objects.

The tracks in Automobilista 2 are the best out there in terms of track design, detail and looks but the flickering issues really ruin the VR experience for me. It makes most tracks(because most tracks suffer from this, but not all) look like they are simply not finished/in testing stage. ONLY because of this flickering issue, because for the rest the tracks look amazing. So it's really sad BUT fixable.

If I had the access I would even want to do that work for free, I did some game design in the past (designed a map for a fps game). That's how much these flickering objects irritate me. And especially now that VR HMD's are improving in terms of resolution, the flickering become even more visible.

Can we please have an official response about this "flickering advertisement/object issue"? That happens mostly (or only?) in VR.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I have some of the same issues with my monitor

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Traction control actually acts stronger now in various ways, while not constantly being lit on straights anymore (only strong bumps will provide still actuation of TC on straights if slip becomes to heavy). F-V10 Gen2 was already fairly optimized because it has some substantial amount of downforce that made TC not actuating at 1% throttle cuts all the time.

Other cars with onboard TC (in less downforce situations, like slow corners) benefit more from the changes. Nissan GT-R should be more controlable for example (still - TC isn't a stability control mind you), it should be also possible to lower TC from defaults in the dry now without it being useless in lower settings like 1-3/10.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, cheers, i havent gotten around to test any other cars, but will do that in the coming days.

17. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Looking at some of the old photos and footage, there are quire a few assets missing, that hopefully will be added in later releases - as happened with Spa Historic.

That aside, it's fantastic to see the track in this era. Reiza have really nailed the brownish colour palette as well.
    In 1983, Eastern Australia was experiencing a very strong El Nino and conditions were significantly hotter and drier than normal.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The same issue exists witb Porsche cup cars, where the cars with different
    Great!

@Coanda The Porsche Cup cars have the same issue, where the all the cars with the smaller engine start behind the ones with the larger engine. (unless that's been recently fixed, that is)

19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks John this was the feedback I was hoping for as this was a primary point for adjustment to these two vehicles. With the amount of hardware & settings variance it can always be a little open as to how this will translate to your setup..

Some info I can share with you guys regarding the recent FFB revisions for the Formula vehicles.
    One aspect of this task was to normalize the output for all models shown below. Majority of cases are now within 0-2% output for all corners at Spa 2022 which will allow you to run a more uniform value for the setup 'Vehicle Specific FFB Gain'. Please note that users will most likely have to reset this value back to 100% for a few of the models.

upload_2023-3-5_17-31-19.png

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
  20. lion9zion

lion9zion Member

This helps a lot: All Cars

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1