1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

All of these could be interesting, also the hability to save your progress in long races, but people say that it's impossible with this engine because of the weather system... Class specific qualifying sessions would be nice too, I dont know how possible is that also, probably something more I'm forgeting about.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LMH is made of protos made completely from scratch like LMP1, same power but almost 150 kg heavier. Also Hybrid power can be engaged only at higher speeds than LMP1s were allowed (120 kph vs 190 kph for Ferrari/Toyota).

3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

KEKW.
    Yep these ones are not in the catalogue...
    Though there is no ABS so big drama for the GT3 fans and the dentists ;)

4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it's a very interesting topic, sportscar racing in general pales in comparison to F1 (but the reality is that no other motorsport comes close). I think it's mainly because it's so broad, there are so many series, there is no superstar, it's more about the car brands than the drivers, the cars (GT3) are not that impressive speed wise (compared to F1,Hypercars, Indy) even though the racing is great it will always be a niche.

Thankfully with so many big manufactures coming to the WEC it's popularity has increased a lot, you can see it on the amount of views the new videos get on youtube compared to last year. Heck I subscribed to its season pass, I hadn't followed the championship since 2017 and Toyota is my favorite team, but like in this year F1, you lose interest quickly when one team dominates so much even if its your favorite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

You can already swap drivers with an AI...

So there's a good chance that could happen online as well... But first the MP code needs a major overhaul to even make that option worthwhile...

Dedicated servers are a real mess right now... Driving against someone in the same country as you can go from 50ms on p2p to 550ms on a dedicated server set up in another country...

But driver swaps are really the only feature that is required for endurance racing to work well in AMS2...

VSC is just a slightly different version of what we have as FCY now... But it isn't as important as being able to simulate what happens in real life with the driver swaps...

Once the driver swaps are possible then the VSC will really get more need as a feature...

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It wasn't an attack and I don't think the person I was replying to took it as such. The point of my post was that unless you want extreme or unrealistic temperatures and weather, AMS 2 already has effective control over the weather and temps.

I fail to see the point or usefulness of being able to set an exact temperature for the air or track other than some scientific experiment of set-up changes. But if ACC has it, it must be desirable.

7. Scar666

Whilst I agree completely that the realism of the weather system is preferred over the arcade settings you get in other titles...

There's a huge problem with the difference between air and track temps during summer in AMS2...

There's no way that a track temp should be 30C or more higher than the air temp... Happens all throughout summer including the months before and after unless you have an overcast sky...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

that i really optimistic.
    you can hand your car to a AI and get it back, but this is only a very small piece of the cake.
    Servers need a database that alows storage of participants AND teams per sessions.
    Currently there is no way.
    Every time you disconnect and reconnent you are a different user to the system.
    If you disconnect too early, you simply are not shown in results screen.
    On trackday servers you fall out of the leaderboard if you disconnect.
    You can only see whats going on just in time.
    No history.
    So,w/o a real server as displacement for this P2P relais DS you'll never be able to do such things.
    Thats why i think, as long as there is no real MP server, as long driver change will not be an option.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get that but for me part of the appeal of sim sacing is driving cars i could never dream of affording, driving cars that feel like the one i drive everyday is cool for being "relatable" and a form of realism you can measure, but i like more to drive cars that offer a challenge (even if i fail miserably on that challenge) trying to tame a group C is a lot more fun to me than pushing a gt3 to its limit. i normally go to gt3 when i want to "chill" a bit or after i got too frustrated trying to tame a 60's or 70's monster

but personally i think GT1's are the best thing ever, they are fast but not too fast, they are challenging but in a reasonable level and have enough downforce to be quite stable. i Love the GT1 in AMS 2 and id kill to have some BPR added either as a mod or as dlc

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pandytim99

maybe a pre load of the weather system could fix that, even if the conditions of live track don't end 100% similar to what it was before saving your progress, for me if its close enough its good

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Scar666

The GT1s are golden...

Absolutely enjoy them every time I'm on track in any of them...

GT3s are just a bit too restricting to be fun with having to use the aids to go fast...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Turbo Granny

This and also the FIA GT from the early 2000's would be a dream.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Pandytim99

a GTR mod woulda been awesome

All thought theres a FIA GT1 mod i believe. i strongly recommend checking it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Turbo Granny

I tried it and liked it a lot, but even though I'm a mod enthusiast in general, I would get official content over mods for sure in this case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Like this?:whistle:

NotToo vs Fast.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Pandytim99

I do not knot anything about bikes so i can't give a good reply lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thats OK - but to help you then a qualified guess is that the one to the left would probably feel reasonably fast to some people.
    While the one to the right would - yeah - feel "oh-my-god" faster :p:eek::p

18. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Hello @Renato Simioni, sorry to bother, but, is it possible to disable the blueish haze and dor when in replay? I think it would look more natural, I see that this was also present in pc2, could we get a option in the menu to disable it? Or is it too much work and would take too much developer time?
    Thanks in advance.

19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

jO2VAnKyAtgcSWxxVf.gif

He's so wonderfully predictable... Then again, so are we.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pandytim99

yeah the worst thing is all he got is vague points, basically his whole point is “the cars don’t feel like ac” and “I have motion sickness”

im not gonna claim ams 2 is perfect, it definitely have issues but at least point actual issues instead of giving vague pointless critiques

• Like Like x 2