1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, I don't find AC and AMS2 all that different in feel and optimal driving technique. IMHO, the bigger differences come down to setup choices and tire model. There are cars that are objectively broken in AMS2 (CART Ovals anyone), but I find the same general techniques are quick in both. The same cannot be said about iRacing physics. (Which GM is not the only 4k+ rated driver, but mine is in RX because it's the only thing I actually enjoy driving there.)

That said, I 100% understand people who haven't tried the game in a while being hesitant to jump back in. Many cars are completely unrecognizable from their previous versions: both C3's, M1 ProCar, F-Retro Gen 2, etc. Many fully open diff cars still behave in weird ways IMHO, often lighting up a tire at strange moments. The Copa Classics are a good example.

Some of the recent mods have highlighted that many of the elements people criticize about AMS2 are not specifically inherent to the Madness engine or AMS2 physics model. Try the 458 Italia mod compared to the AC version. There's some discrepancies in the tires, but I can toss them both around in a similar manner. The IndyCar mod doesn't feel at all like any other formula car in AMS2, but it doesn't feel bad. Stiffening the front suspension and locking the diff more on the C3 street car immediately made it feel more similar to Mustangs in AC. The Ferrari 250 GTO mod felt like other AC mods with a more modern tire. Basically, I think simracers are blaming the engine for everything, while it may be more subjective choices from Reiza that they don't like.

GM is entitled to have his opinion, as are we. AC's more simplistic tire model meant it was easy to dial into a range of believability. AMS2, ACC, and iRacing have all shown that a physical tire model has benefits, but will be more difficult to refine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Physics and content are not AMS2 issues at all. I've posted far too many times what I believe the issue with AMS2 is, so I won't derail the subject.

Nevertheless, even if AMS2 physics would be unrealistic (when we all know that all sims have physics far from real, regardless what iRacing/ACC/AMS fans might say), it is still believable and, more important than that, it is fun.

Even if Reiza halted physics development from now on, I would still be satisfied with how the cars I mostly race with handle. In fact, I would like Reiza to spend more time adjusting little things all over the game, instead, such as F-Reiza's not displaying the correct tyre compound band.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Well, I guess it didn't take that long. :p

upload_2023-4-28_19-23-12.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

That guy is not able to do any video without offending people.If i'll meet him one day i smack him.
    Furthermore, he confuses "fanboys" with supporters.Worth another smack.:whistle:
    Like in the schoolyard,back then....:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I don't know that guy, but some 'influencers' are just so 'meme-y' that I can't take them seriously lol.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

oh, that guy is funny and predictable:
    - omg, AMS2 new BIGGEST (but not really...) update! Hype train, choo-choo, let's go!
    Boring content for the sake of content. Antics and simulated emotions, that's all.

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Boring comedian repeating the same clickbaiting cliché

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DavidGossett

Honestly I don't think he's that bad. Most of it is just branding. Both he and Jimmy play into the edgy, sarcastic Brit stereotype. Sim-racing elitism and fanboyism can make anyone jaded. Both of them are probably good people behind the scenes.

Edit for clarity: I still disagree with GM, but we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That makes it worse, doesnt it? Acting like a d-head on purpose for monetary gain.

I got not time nor sympathy for such pathetic people.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DavidGossett

It's laced with a heavy dose of implied sarcasm. Not saying I think it's the right way to go about things, but it's what seemingly works for him. You have to separate the "personality" from the actual person.

Having worked in the music industry for years, I've seen quite a few people who were very different from their public persona. For better and for worse.

11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

GM...
    Some write Gamer Muscle...
    Some Gamer Moron...
    Damn!
    Lost my pencil again...

No offense of course! Just sarcasm, the same way he says "fanboys" (with negativity) instead of "supporters" (and be neutral)...

About previous comment:
    "Both of them are probably good people behind the scenes."
    I strongly agree on the probably part...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now I'm supposed to assume that he is actually a better person? Why don't I just stick with what I can see and ignore him?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DavidGossett

Fair enough

14. sgsfabiano

This thing goes both ways. Jimmy tried AMS2 back then, felt something was terribly wrong with the physics and the "AMS 2 community" went on harassing him saying he was not fair and didn't try hard enough, that he should adjust setup before judging the game, etc etc.

Many months (or a year?) later, Reiza found out the big sticky-diff issue.

Blindly defending the game you love just because you love it is one of the worst things you can do to the game itself. You hamper the development by being an yes man. Ideally you should behave like an impartial judge: analyse the facts, compare the arguments and use proper reasoning to prolate the sentence.

Note: the "you" word used above is not anyone particular in this discussion. Sometimes being a non native speaker is tricky when trying to convey a message.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. DavidGossett

On a similar topic, what happened to the feature about limiting tire sets and tire choices in the rules for certain classes? That was announced a long time ago, but was that implemented as just a single player thing or did we just never get that feature?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

wrong thread

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  17. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It hasn't been implemented yet. I think they should do an update with a bigger focus on features and bug cleaning, not necessarily new content.

It could create some good feedback and might get more attention than new content, as they have some nice features that were announced to be in the pipeline like flag marshalls, vsc with working track lights, parc ferme and damage being permanent between connected sessions.

Those along with something like more points system options( team points as well), improvements to the AI, easier modding, online, etc, could do very good in creating some positive word of mouth for the sim.

Hoping for some of those features with the 1.5 update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is a bit a sugar coated version of the story.
    He tested an update (admittedly by him) without deleting the AMS2 folder as was expressly required in the update log and if I recall well he also tested a car that Reiza already informed it wasn't in good shape, but he couldn't obviously be bothered to read the log or do what the log required.
    Either way the community criticized him for being a lazy ass (or in other words just showing up to collect his share of views without any effort to do a decent review), not for his opinion per se, but for good measure he played the victim.
    Differential issues were well known at the time, the solution was not.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

I like GM's videos. Especially that one where he drinks orange juice (warning: Brazilians only joke).

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. sgsfabiano

No idea what happened, we never got that feature at all.

Eagerly waiting the tow feature replacing the teleport back to track too.

• Like Like x 1