1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Is it Enzo Ferrari?

2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No it’s Ballestre the former FIA boss

3. Racinglegend1234

What did he do?

4. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

Killed group C

• Like Like x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Not a good decision then

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What was pit speed limit set to?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Lol God no! Google his name and ‘WW2’ folks, and then have another think about that quote…:eek:

8. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Lol you have to pass vaseline to get in

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For that race, 60mph.

Edit: In case it's relevant, I was also running a custom AI file and a field of 30 cars, so there would have been I think 5 duplicate AI drivers in the race (given there are only 24 liveries for the Montanas).

I have since run the same race again (and coincidentally had upped the pit speed limit to 70mph) and as far as I could make out, this time no AI cars simply drove through the pits without stopping.

It did cross my mind but I don't recall ever seeing the AI get a penalty (do they actually get them, if so, for what offences and is it flagged up anywhere during the race to indicate that they've got one?), so didn't check the first lap or two of the replay to see if there was an infringement.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

When I saw the F-Inter I thougth: "Always nice to have another option, but meh for me".

Still I tried it and OMG this is could be my favorite open wheel car in the world from now. I love how it handles having so high downforce wrt the power/size of the car. I will make more laps after the motorsports marathon I have planned to watch on TV today :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How hard would it be to make a duplicate version of the track identical in every way except it doesn't have that tire wall at pit entry? That's going to a pile up every single time someone tries to pit at speed.

12. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

So a fantasy track then? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The whole philosophy of Automobilista is to mix and match whatever suits you and to not be restricted to what was done in the past. For example, Bathurst 1983 as pointed out above will work well with a huge variety of cars in the game, but for all different reasons depending on what you pick.

Despite that, you might want to put your filter by decades into the suggestion thread as it might be able to be fairly easily implemented and will help you and those looking to narrow down choices. It won't work well at all or could even ruin some scenarios, though, which may be why it hasn't been done to date.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

They are treated as sub classes, presumably because that's how the real series treats it. One is an older gen with a few changes other than just the engine. I agree it would be better to have a user choice over whether they should be classed or openly mixed, but I am not sure the game allows this at the present time. The only alternative would then be to make then two series and you would have to mix them manually. Is it worth that bother (I have no opinion nor am I suggesting Reiza would be wiling to do it anyway)?

15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you misunderstood my wish. It shouldn’t narrow the choices or ruin some scenarios. I was just asking for a filter for decades like there is one for car classes or an alphabetic one. But everyone can of course choose every car he wants for a track combo. It would just be easier to find cars of a specific decade for those who want to race those…

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

According to Porsche Carrera Cup regulations:

For example, this is for the 991.1 3.8 (confimed across several countries' competitions):

"Technically identical cars with the designation Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Type 991), built by Porsche AG in a small production run on the basis of the Porsche 911 GT3, shall be used for the Series. Only cars of model year 2016, 2015 and 2014 (see following general car description) are permitted."

And for the 991.2 4.0:

"Technically identical cars with the designation Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Type 991 II), built by Porsche AG in a small production run on the basis of the Porsche 911 GT3, shall be used for the Porsche Carrera Cup. Only vehicles of model year 2017, 2018 and 2019 (see following general description) are permitted."

Therefore, the two Carrera Cup cars in AMS2 should arguably be divided into separate categories (e.g., like the F-Trainer & F-Trainer Advanced). But, as Marc pointed out elsewhere, feel free in AMS2 to modify things as you see fit. Regardless of how the cars are organized within the sim, the "Opponent Settings" in AMS2 provides the opportunity to either recreate Carrera Cup history or reinvent it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I wish we had just one Tilke-esque track in AMS2 (Hockenheim is only half of a Tilke track), seeing F1 races on them always makes me wish to recreate it, but there's nothing in the game that feels like a classic modern Tilke track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Bathurst -83 is nice but AI is pretty terrible at that, tried few car classes and always multiple major accidents.
    Level 95/Agressive.

Here´s preview video about that new track if some one think buy or not (like I did but didn´t find any video):

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had some accdents, but mostly realistic ones. Honestly, the real race was a bit of a cluster. lots of cars left on the sides of the roads, slower tow trucks and ambulances going around to help the drivers, so on....

20. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Corner 3-4 is worse, AI cuts through hillside and that cause disaster.

• Agree Agree x 5