1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they said that its fine to have generic formula cars because you can paint a livery to make them look different enough, but sportscars and touring cars will all be licensed because the brand is part of the identity of both the car and of sportscar racing itself, and it would be inauthentic with generic car models.

I think reiza already have enough licenses to make compelling grids, but ams2 does badly need more 70s sportscars to race around nords and spa, as well as a certain red Italian sportscar brand…

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Everything you said, plus it needs to increase the driver limit up to 60, seeing as it is the only way to have proper multiclass races. Current limit of only 32 is nowhere near enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

My dream would be a Historix mod for AMS2! With these historical circuits, that would be great!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Dale Ballweg

Dale Ballweg Member

That's how my car looks when I really try and push at The Ring!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That makes sense, but I think it's better to make do with what you've got. The very talented painters will make those generic cars look authentic in due time. I have no issue with driving an Auriel 90 GTO because It's pretty obvious it's an Audi!. Also some vintage F2 and Can-Am cars can be generic as they, like Formula cars were pretty similar between different makers in the 60's.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Disagree for prototypes especially. There was hundreds of kit car prototypes and sports racers that all had similar shapes you could pick from to make a couple generic cars.

7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Those kit cars still retained their IP connections and aren't just an imaginary car that never existed... What Reiza have done with the F1 cars is take the regulations and create a new car that cannot be connected to any IP...

It's either going to have to be licensed content or mods that brings in these sportscars...

8. NightHawk

NightHawk New Member

yeah I noticed them especially going up the "Steilstrecke" (I love that it is accessible)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hehe do you have a pic where a car have lost all 4 wheels - and the garage guys dont notice anything unusual?:p

10. Bayern1

Bayern1 New Member

The historic Nürburgring 1971 doesn't appear.
    I have my startoption on releasecandidate - Pre-Release Build.

Any help?

11. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'm already getting bad performance here compared to even the modern version, 3D trees will be even worse.
    I hope there is something Reiza can do to improve this track specifically on the performance side in VR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you own the Nürburgring DLC, the Premium Track Pack DLC, or the Season Pass DLC?

14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I´m growing a bit hesitant in providing estimated schedules as obviously they haven´t been proving very reliable, but Adrenaline Pack along with v1.5 around end of Q2 should be a fairly safe bet. A new Racin´ USA pack will most likely be towards the very end of the year.

There´s a dev update incoming with a bit more info on these and other releases.

• Like Like x 40
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This will not happen any time soon - the tracks aren´t able to hold more than 32 cars for all required functionalities (many don´t support even that), and as things stand potential for problems both in single and multiplayer grow exponentially the larger the field is. We understand why people want it and it´s great they´ve found a way to bypass the limitation for specific purposes, but we currently cannot provide a reliable option for larger fields in this engine.

Edit to add to the above - we do have some things we want to try to boost the grid size on tracks which are currently restricted below 32 to get them up to that number or closer, but that´s the ceiling atm.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 20
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

By incoming, do you mean today or the last day of April?

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, we have some problems in multiplayer, which scare most players a bit, and I understand that sometimes they are not used properly. But looking for a better way to live the game, broadcast races, I can allow a review on the transmission tower. with HUDS with more complete information. because we don't have access if it's the last lap of the race even inside the car as outside transmitting. We do not have P2P information for example Stock Cars. and that would help us to improve the form of transmission. Or Simply release for the Mods to be effective.

Still a big hug.

Brazilian AV Leagues.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hopefully there is finally some more detailed mentioning about Multiplayer improvements in the dev update........

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For 70’s we need 2 rosso Corsa brands

I believe Alfa was still producing some nice sports cars at that time.

but oh boy as a Ferrari fan I’d be delighted if we ever get a Ferrari dlc, specially if it include sport cars from multiple decades the 250, p4, 512m, 512bb, f40gte, the f50GT (a personal favorite of mine), the 333sp, 550 GT1, 360 or 440gtc the 488GTE, the new gt3 and the new hypercar

and honorable mention of another Italian brands, Lancia (I love the Beta Group 5 and the LC2) and Maserati for some of their 60’s goodies and the MC12 beast

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bono my tires are gone

• Funny Funny x 5