Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Mods installed?You must disable the mods.
    Steam file integration done?
    Set steam then to "no Beta".

• Like Like x 3
  2. gmetzo

gmetzo New Member

Guys does anyone know what are the changes for the Brasil Stock Car 2023? Is it just a cosmetic refresh or did they change anything about tyres/aero?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

muito obrigado! 20230427235821_1.jpg 20230427235754_1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 27
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm loving the Gesamtstrecke! On my system, I'm running in excess of 160fps until I reach exactly Müllenbach where I drop to 85-90FPS. It remains at this level through Hatzenbach and slowly rises to around 120FPS. When racing just the Südschleife I have no fps drop, a steady 160+.

Is this common? I've always had an interest in this track because I was born in Weisbaden on an american airbase. A bucket list visit sometime in my lifetime I hope.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know it is sarcasm, but I'd like to reply anyway: absolutely not!

AMS2 is a pretty solid sim. I think it is just missing the racing part of it - AI is limited (not specific to AMS2, but to all sims) and MP is poor (specific to AMS2), which means racing in AMS2 is almost always a hit & miss experience. With the other titles we can compensate the subpar AI with online races, especially in leagues where the players on-track behaviour is mostly mature and respectful.

In AMS2 we are lucky if we get the "Continue" button working and all stars must align so the lobby doesn't start lagging even though everyone has a good connection.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I think it is not complete optimized with LOD etc. yet . i noticed some lower frames in some parts of the track too,i only need 60 fps wich i have constant though.More optimization will surely come in the next updates.:)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. MrX

MrX Active Member

I think it looks very good! My compliments to Iilka and Reiza!!

Is this the final version now? otherwise i have some stuff

I maintain that the track is very flat, so you don't really have to fight with your car, especially what I said, including Pflanzgarten.

I also notice that no Marshalls can be found in the wooden towers, it kills the immersion a bit. Actually, no Marshalls at all

The steil-streck entrance is not sealed with straw bales or a fence

Not quite convinced yet about the stone plates color brown / yellow in Karussel and Schwalbe Swans .. but that can also explain that I play VR and it already looks very light to me.

But I definitely enjoy camping stuff, Brunchen is done very well.

B5535.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

No it's not, Reiza is supposed to add more trackside elements, I believe. This is still a release candidate.

EDIT: I just noticed that there's a download starting on my PC, so maybe you were referring to that. My bad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally got the chance to drive a few laps around the Gesamtstrecke. Absolutely love it :)

There's a bit of flickering in some places, but otherwise its really great. The one dotted line on the right side of the track flickers.

I drive in VR and one major thing was the creepy 2D trees lining the carousel shortcut. Please change these to 3D. :)

Otherwise, the feel of the place is so different from the modern Nordschleife. You got your views of the surrounding hills and everything feels so open.

Thank you to the track team and everyone who worked on it and made it possible! I can't remember the last time I was actually sad that I had to stop driving and close down the sim.

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

First of all, thank you for simply accepting my wisecrack as the joke it was intended to be instead of as a cause for offense. I appreciate that.

Regarding your comments, I think we all (including the developers) can relate to a certain love/hate relationship with AMS2. When the stars align, the sim produces an amazing experience, even on some rather outdated computers. Just get behind the M1 or E30 M3 on almost any track, and the magic starts happening. We all sense the sim’s potential at these moments; some pine to see that experience translated online, while others wish for a more robust, realistic AI that can go the distance. After releasing the ‘71 Ring, it will be interesting to see what further developments arise.

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

As far as I know, Stock Car 23 uses the same models from last year.

13. Renan G Flores

Well, it's been a long road, folks. But here we are. Finally, after a very long wait we got what we wanted, plus the South part as well.
    As I always say, I prefer quality over quantity. Also, I don't mind waiting for a good piece of content (and what a long wait it was :whistle:). But in the end it was worth it. One of the best works by Reiza to this date, along with the 70s Spa.
    Rejoice, oh cheese brethren, for this is a wonderful time to be alive.

cheese.png

• Like Like x 12
  14. Renan G Flores

By the way, I hope you guys do the same job with the historical UNNAMED FRENCH TRACK DLC ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Renato (I believe) wrote that
    This was posted yesterday by Renato:

"Re. Stock Car 2023 physics, it´s currently exactly the same as 2022 - there should be a small difference in the Hankook tires vs the Pirellis used in previous seasons, but these are on hold for the upcoming v1.5 physics revision."

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In every camera.
    Painted a version with the Marlboro logos, works fine on standard model, but no driver in car when the low downforce model gets loaded.

Also gave it a try with a plain red car (just coloured the template red), same result.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone at Reiza for the update. What a milestone taking Nürburgring Historic live!
    So, I updated the bootfiles for mods. and set up an AI race with the Aplines at Suds, as it seemed like it might be a good fantasy combo (it is).
    The AI were entirely competent in that they were able to race at a decent rate and didn't crash into the first wall. Clearly the mod doesn't need to know about the new track.
    Anyone know how this just 'works'?

ss144343.jpg ss145431.jpg ss144844.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

The same guy that blocks cameras with trees? That guy? :D

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You know you can drive there yourself, right? Immediately after the finish line, take a left at the "Ausfahrt" sign and follow the road. Or take the tunnel underneath Betonschleife to access the rest of the areas inside/outside the track. Some nice race viewing areas at Pflanzgarten and Brünnchen!
    And there's also the exit at Breidscheid, which is more well-known.

• Like Like x 1
  20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Not that you're bitter about it or anything :p