1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It cannot save the exact livetrack state at any point. Replays cannot be skipped because ams2 has to calculate the livetrack state in real time as you watch the replay. Same issue with race saves.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Well, I still haven’t updated to 1.4.7.2, and this weekend I finally got to try a race in the Gesamtstrecke…what can I say. This was the most atmospheric environment I ever raced. The BMW M1 multiclass race I had was really a blast. The risks these drivers had to take in real life, I just cannot imagine. We can see all the passion this small but great team have in every corner of this magnificent rendition of green hell. Well done Reiza, 2 years worth waiting!

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My bet is on a June update

4. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

I can see how replays might be a problem. But it doesnt really make sense for race saves to be a problem, as it is is just a single snapshot of the state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The fact the replays show a different state to what was in the race should tell you that it's not possible to save a state... If the replays go random, then it's an engine limitation that will take some clever coding to sort out... If it can be sorted out...

Because of a live session in progress driver swaps don't suffer from the same limitations...

6. Apex

Apex Active Member

I had issues with stutters as well. I've been away from AMS2, so it was tricky to figure out the cause, but in my case it was insufficient cooling. I tried all sorts of settings and drivers until it dawned on me. I was positive it was the new track, but it had nothing to do with that.

I'm on a gaming laptop, and I've tilted it slightly by placing a book under the backside to increase the airflow (the intakes are underneath it). Problem solved. It may or may not help others, but it really surprised me the solution was as simple as that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's always a workaround so I don't think things are hopeless regarding LiveTrack states (or the multiplayer changes people are asking for). There are a lot of clever people out there, they've implemented so many major changes already and they've never flat out said no, just that it would require major work and might not be possible. The important thing is that support and updates are continued. These are the two requested features requiring major work (the AI too, so 3 I guess) but there are a lot of little things that will help the title to remain relevant (customizing points, qualifying format, exporting championships, sound imports, etc.).

One thing is certain, content isn't an issue lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I try not to say never... But there's certain limitations within every engine... It might be possible, it might not be... From the outside looking in mid race saves seem like a huge hurdle to overcome...

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Can someone please explain what the big issue is with LiveTrack?
    Yeah thats the official explanation.
    But if this was correct - and not just a bad excuse - then its a bit hard to understand that what is called Instant Replay have no problems saving a full replay (in memory!).
    And replaying it with all the bells and whistles you will ever want.
    Ie with sound, skimming forward/backward and what have we :whistle: :whistle:

ByTheWay: Maybe we should call the replayed track state Re-Live Track :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting that you mentioned Kyalami 76, had some stutters there yesterday and i was recording it for my channel i think you might notice the smal stutter here

11. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

But do you know how the replays are saved? Are you sure it saves replays like a screen recording?

AFAIK there is a starting point with certain track conditions that get progressed "on the fly" by live track even in a replay. You can surely accelerate such progression up to a certain point but not skip parts of it and still have it end up where it should be. I know the first Flat Out game did the same with the cars body deformation that was sometimes a little bit different in the replay compared to the live gameplay.

On the topic of mid race saves, I once suggested that if technically possible, the game should save a snapshot of the track conditions every 5 or 10 or 15 minutes, which would then allow live track to retrace it's steps probably not perfectly, but at least to a certain degree of accuracy when loading the save. Loading would probably take some time while the track conditions are generated.

12. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Hmm, interesting. I don't have that bad stutters that you are experiencing. You have microfreeze that I don't have. An occasion I have some small freezes but are very rare. Might need further testing. Actually gonna test every track that I have problems and some others then.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Cooling isn't my problem and dropped overclocking as my computer like to shout a lot then. :D Normal clocks on both cpu and gpu. And previous build worked almost perfect for me. Vsync off as turning it on makes it even worse and using fullscreen because borderless window is a no go and getting even more bad stutters.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BrunoB

I have just discovered I was mostly wrong here:rolleyes:
    Because in Instant Replay you cannot skim forv/backw.
    At least if it is understood as going directly to a certain point of the timeline/track.
    What is different from the normal pretty meh replay is only that you have sound in the Instant Replay.
    And this is urgent - but does only make the IR slightly less meh.:rolleyes:
    Sorry:(

15. BrunoB

None of us does know this ofcourse - but read my post above.
    As said I did not througly check if you could use the timeline in IR.

ByTheWay: Your idea with snapshots does at least sound a bit less meh than the replay now.:)

16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been doing some testing between sims and I think the biggest issue is the "vintage all-weather tires." The general car characteristics and behavior over the limit seems pretty consistent to several top quality AC mods of the race spec of same car. The 2002 chassis has always had a very different feeling in oversteer compared to cars of the same era, no matter which sim I try it in.

IMHO, the difference is the period "street" tires don't have a lot of grip and a more generous slip curve compared to the vintage racing slick in other sims. The vintage tourers' tires remind me of the Copa Classics, Hot Cars, and Fusca's tires, where 100hp is enough to light up the rears out of every slow corner.

I had a good race in the Hot Cars Fusca the other night at Cordoba No. 2, and it highlighted how low the grip threshold is. It was fun, completely sideways drifting every tight corner, but I doubt the tires they use have that little grip.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Still stutters a lot but turning vsync on some of stutters are gone so it's not too bad. Basically a bandage. Turning shadow medium and track detail medium did nothing for me. Hope reiza fix some performance problems that got introduced with this newest update/build.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What are your specs?

19. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The other people are wrong. There's stuff missing.

I gave the most prominent example: Because there's no mid-race saves, you can't really simulate a 24 hour race.

The other problem is that there's no modern prototypes, and only one - the Caddilac DPi - from last gen. IMSA ran 3 classes of prototypes at Daytona last year, and only one car between those three is in the game.

IMSA GT cars are represented a little better because the series use two classes that both drive GT3 machinery. But there's no this-gen or last-gen GT cars Le Mans either.

Also, all know this is coming, but as of right now, the most famous endurance racetrack in the world isn't in the game.

I like AMS2 a lot. But it's not a perfect game, and it could use some stuff to make it better for endurance racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You just need one of these. Problem solved.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1