1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Without much relation to latest posts above I just wanna say its a funny feeling driving the historic Nordschleife when you discover you allready know the thrack (from the "modern" one) and at the same time dont know it - because they are actually different in some more subtle parts.:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Apex

Apex Active Member

Absolutely. I've been very much anticipating the release, and looking at the layout on the web my thoughts were "Sure, it's just the weird start/finish added and a few jumps and narrow bridges, I can do this no sweat!".

Truth to be told I have yet to complete full a lap in a period correct car without any sort of incident or very close call.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you posting this as a fix to the mentioned flickering in VR?

4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe this was the objection mentioned from the PC2 times as well that basically users joining earlier or later weren't really racing on the exact same track. I wish someone with more knowledge could chip in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrunoB

The worst thing is that the track is so long that you are about to destroy the screen because of frustration if you crash near the end of a lap.
    Hehe but using some time practicing anger management should be a good thing.
    Better than beating the wife - ehh or the dog :confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't get that attitude.

My attitude is always: my best lap is yet to come, so it doesn't matter if I screw this one up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The lack of safe outside kerbing caught me off guard in a couple places on my first lap around. I like that sort of strict approach to track limits though. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Curbs not needed when you know the grass will cause an insta-spin.

Oh, you mentioned safety....that's another story ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. NightHawk

NightHawk New Member

There is a huge exploit on the Gesamtschleife if you race without penalties:

You can skip the entire Südschleife and it will still count. Laptime and all. I guess it's because the entire Südschleife + a bit is a single sector it doesn't count as a skip.

Discovered this yesterday while hosting a makeshift "trackday" (24hr of practice) server (we still need that as a proper feature imho)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. BrunoB

If this also is a fact in Time Trial I guess a lot of people now wanna set a quick laptime on the LB :p

11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know that this is not a solution, but I think that, at least on Dedicated Servers, you have the option of not allowing anybody in past the lobby. Which means that whoever gets in the session, will have the actual track progression.

12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Minor silent hotfix just went live, rolling back the latest G-Wheel modification for now for further adjustments in the next update.

• Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did managed to do it once but I was very scared and was braking a lot and lifting at every major elevation change

the wheels lifted once and I simply shat myself lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Pandytim99

My attitude is like “hell yeah I managed to complete a single lap without destroying a priceless historic race car woooooooo”

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Pandytim99

I do not know much about coding but wouldn’t be possible to when joining a server or skipping a replay to get a sort of “pre load” of the current livetrack state?

probably wouldn’t be an easy fix/implementation but would solve those issues and maybe even allow mid race saving for endurance racing off line

16. Apex

Apex Active Member

Niki Lauda, bless him, often talked about the lessons of failing. There's wisdom in his words on so many levels, and in the context of The Green Hell I suppose he did speak with some pretty hard-earned authority.

Anyway, I just keep going. There's no such thing as a perfect lap, especially not on the Ring as you can always do this or that corner a little better. And there are so many corners to explore. But hey, last night I did a three lap race with the Vintage G2s w/o any incident. Whoa!

• Like Like x 8
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Man i just assumed VR trackside camera's were broken until i realized the next camera control setting was for that! (Maybe it could say it works for trackside camera) WOW is this a great cam in VR! Really really immersive.

Couple of issue though,

The blur/depth of field effect is too strong and covers the track and cars in some camera's.

While parked in the pits and going to monitor, i understand why we can still hear the pit activity (we are presumably in our car watching a screen from pit lane) but it IMO would be much more immersive if we could only hear the trackside action from each camera we are on at the time, its weird sitting say around the back of Spa in the hills and listening to rattle guns and tools while we wait for cars to pass.

Lastly, can the camera have a number that fades out so we know which cam we are on and can jump to our favorite?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Group C cars are fantastic to drive around südschleife. One nitpick I found on Nissan R89C car. I drive and use roof cam so that antenna is somewhat disturbing. Could it be changed more backwards or camera forwards so it doesn't block some of the view? Remove it completely or give us option to remove it? Porsche is quite good to drive but is slow. Corvette is super fast all around and Nissan is top speed king. Sauber Mercedes haven't tested yet.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do the trackside cameras follow the car now? Last time I tried I had to manually change them, resulting in me looking at mostly empty track because I pressed wrong button.
    Pc2 trackside cams followed the selected car and worked well in vr.

20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems like on the new version there are troubles with multiplayer sessions sometimes not showing up on the matchmaking list, specially with dedicated server ones. Any clues on this?