1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Well, in my case it’s quite the opposite. With the brake pressure adjustment I feel much easier to find my optimal brake point for each corner, which enable me more consistency each lap. Normally with higher brake pressure I’m much more tentative under braking because it’s so much easier to lock up under braking. I feel like Daniel Ricciardo in the McLaren, not confident enough to brake the way he did at RedBull. But it’s worth noting that I’m not a TT guy who strives for the ultimate pace in a lap. My goal is to drive consistently, with the slightest lap delta variation on a race. I feel with less brake pressure I can do that much easier. I haven’t noticed increase in brake distance for example, for me it looks more like I can maximize braking efficiency without lockups.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

1 lap pace has never been my goal in sim racing, because there's far more to lose in a peaky set up than there is in a set up that is stable but half a second slower, even in a 10 minute race... So this is my theory as well...

There's rarely points for pole anyways... Qualy is just about staying out of the mid pack crunch... lol

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I think the brakes in some cars are very very overpowered. I don't lose the car but lock up even with feather foot. I think reducing to 75-80% brake pressure in some cases is needed.
    Second most important point in AMS2: users must bear in mind aggressive downshifting in AMS2 has severe consequences. Unlike ACC where you HAVE to downshift as aggressively as a human can to reduce the braking distance AMS2 will punish you for that. So let the rpm drop a split second before attacking the gearbox.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

What consequences?
    Do you mean engine failure or what?

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Losing the rear is one consequence

6. BrunoB

Ok I thought you ment negative consequenses.:D
    Because I use the brutal downshifts to get rotation.
    Which is kind of near family to your loosing rear - according to my book hehe and driving style :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I do not have this braking issues. There are some cars where you have to be more careful than with others, especially when brakes are cold.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To the folks I've absolutely destroyed in lobbies running the ARC Camaro, that's the secret. :whistle:

Sometimes not rev matching downshifts can compensate for an understeery setup.

Also, it would help if the game noted what sequential cars have auto-blip and which ones don't. There's nothing in the UI, and most players will assume that sequential means you don't need to rev match.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Scar666

I do have to wonder how many driving styles will be forced to change in AMS2 after the 1.5 update...

I know the Formula inter is a preview in many ways, but there's another step to come which seems pretty large...

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. BrunoB

Because of some kind of exaggered gear down lock?
    Or are you thinking about some of the other things Simioni did threaten with in the 1.5 upd?
    Like some kind of harder punishment if getting over some max slip angle :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

My ears are still ringing after the weeping for lost seconds after the 1.9 Update in ACC in the McLarens. But for me, it just made the 911 GT3 R faster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Scar666

The tyres will behave quite differently in a lot of conditions... It's not going to be ACC moving away from a magical tyre pressure number big, but it's going to be very noticeable...

I can't wait...

That update was more than overdue... It had almost felt like ACC reached the end of it's cycle and they bring in something that game changing... On one hand I understand why some people who loved the old feel are annoyed... But no doubt most of those people spent far too many hours on the internet arguing about how realistic that magical tyre pressure number was realistic and there's some face saving going on as well...

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The tyre pressure range is not the main change in ACC. The whole new suspension simulation changed it a lot, and the fact that some very weird setups (maxed camber, negative toe in the rear, super soft suspension and low ride) are now rather undrivable.

in AMS2 though, you can still do that. You can set up the 911GT3 R in a way that it digs the front spoiler into the ground basically everywhere at deceleration, has audible ground contact in every depression, but suffers in no way from it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Scar666

Most of the other weird set up avenues are far more punished in AMS2 at least...

The tyres are a huge part of the simulation as they are the contact... If there's something not right in them it effects everything else, hence it all came together at once like that...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to disappoint but the fast guys I could see the setup of are still using max camber (front and rear), max caster and very high toe out at the front.
    The only thing that really changed is the rear toe where you have to remain low or your rear tires will burn out in three laps

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scar666

Just gotta say...

That Formula Inter is a real joy to drive... Basically no set up options so no need for default set ups to be forced online with it in open lobbies, but there's still to many of those happening...

With a league full of fast guys it's an absolute joy to get the most out of it when you can and pay the price when you don't keep the momentum up... Side by side racing around Curitiba is a real treat in these...

• Like Like x 6
  17. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree, I hadn't tried it too much but did a short race in Brands Hatch and the little fella felt great, maybe a bit too grippy on the rear, could recover from some very big slides.
    But definitely felt a positive difference with the feel of the tires compared to other cars, nothing mindblowin but good nonetheless.

18. Scar666

I think the big difference is in the slow speed stuff... It seems to behave more like a race car than a car losing tonnes of downforce at slow speeds... Like so many other slow speed feelings can be throughout the sim world...

I wonder how much, if at all, the 1.5 update will change the way this little beauty behaves...

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The Inter is the farthest along in the evolution towards v1.5 physics, so we only know it will change the least compared to all the other vehicles.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It also feels the best IMO

• Agree Agree x 3