1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that one. I reported on that ages ago that they should simply add a graphical option "maximum headlights rendered ahead / behind the player".
    Having 32 headlights rendered AT THE SAME TIME is crazy, nonsense, ludicrous, pointless ..

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I agree on the optionality, it should always be there for those who need to scale down their graphics...

But for me having all of the headlights on just adds to the immersion and simulation that I'm after...

There's a very childish delight in seeing the headlights off in the distance of a car using a different part of the track... Especially on tracks like Long Beach where you can see them coming straight at you...

It's like having a texture load randomly down a straight, like the shadows of the buildings at Brands... It's immersion breaking to not see a headlight when there should be a headlight...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Oh i absolutely agree ! The limit i would set would be like a reasonable 10 ahead and maybe 4 behind me. Having just a total 15 headlights instead of 32 will already be a huge improvement in performance while still having enough of them .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont have this problem with headlights and fps - because I only use AMS2 in TT mode - but...
    But if someone made a copy of one of the orig Reiza classes as a mod where only the players car (or maybe a few others) had headlights then the headlight problem was not solved - but sidestepped.
    Me think :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: If/When Reiza one day in the (probably long) future does bother to solve the problem the copy mod can ofcourse be deleted.:p

5. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

I have been and still am quite critical of Reiza for the way they have communicated the delays after the fact and I have been quite skeptical of the simulator, but after rolling through the Nurburgring 71, I can only say BRAVO.
    Is there a chance to include any of these pretty girls?

Attached Files:

• G.jpg
      G.jpg
      File size:
      280.5 KB
      Views:
    • H.jpg
      H.jpg
      File size:
      8 KB
      Views:
    • J.jpg
      J.jpg
      File size:
      8.3 KB
      Views:
    • K.jpg
      K.jpg
      File size:
      133.6 KB
      Views:
    • L.jpg
      L.jpg
      File size:
      149.1 KB
      Views:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Shadows on the building at Brands Hatch looks bad and very jarring. The way they move.

I remember driving in PC2 at Mugello in the dark and there was another car with head lights in the distance going up a hill. That was so cool. Also, Estoril 1988 you can see a car comin towards you with headlights at one point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mista

Mista New Member

In a XML file you can Setup no Crowd, this help as well. Maybe there is an option for the rendered headlights as well?

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be nice if they moved around after a car going past them. AMS2 leaf simulator....

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mista

Mista New Member

yeah I agree, maybe there is and bug in the new engine, as far as I know, is that the engine is from Reiza updated. On Project Cars 2 there is no difference between open wheeler cars and cars with headlights in the dark or heavy rain. To adjust the amount headlights will be a quick workaround until they found out the solution.It have be do with the shadows. If you do not render the shadows (which is of course not an opinion) the is no frame drops. I try it out.

Another Question is when thy can add DLSS 3 int the engine?!
    AND how I can get the beta? Is there a password for Steam required?

10. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No password required:

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. F1Aussie

I don't think it is crazy, we play these sims to simulate the cars in real life. A better solution would be if possible to optimise it. I guess we don't know if this is possible or not though

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. F1Aussie

Would be nice for sure, would certainly help those struggling with fps. I wonder if it is possible in this engine?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mista

Mista New Member

Is the RC as well for VR or only for flat until it get official released?
    Are the mods from 1.6.x compatible with RC 1.7.0?

14. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Adding DLSS is not a trivial exercise, and it's not going to help in this situation. Using the NIS or FSR upscaling in VR didn't really have any impact, as the GPU work the headlights cause is not related to the render resolution.

15. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Actually my testing showed that render resolution does affect the headlights issue, because significantly lowering the resolution made the game playable. The problem, which is why only VR users are affected, is that you need a high resolution in VR, so lowering the resolution to the point where it is playable makes it way too blurry to be viable. DLSS won't be a solution either as the visual artifacts that come with DLSS are extremely distracting in VR and it also introducess a lot of blurryness.
    Adding an option to limit the number of headlights seems to be the best solution for now.

16. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair enough - I probably should have phrased it differently, and in a way that aligns with your observations: To offset the GPU work needed to support all those headlights, you have to lower the resolution to an unusable/unpleasant level.

17. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, VR works perfectly on RC.
    No, they are not compatible until new bootfiles are available. Which I would expect for those to not be until a new official version is reached.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't need to turn off headlights, in a way. You can still keep the headlights on as an emissive material, so you can still the the headlight shape a bright yellow/white back in the distance. What you actually need to disable is the light source attached to the headlight. So the headlight wouldn't actually illuminate the road in front of the car, but you would still see the headlight itself as turned on.

Even better (since i'm 99.99% sure Reiza uses deferred rendering instead of forward rendering in AMS 2), you might not even need to turn off the light source, maybe all is needed is to just disable the shadow casting for those sources.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. DinoM

DinoM Member

I'm still not satisfied with the rubber physics and the "floating" of the front axle. 90% of the cars are as if gravity does not affect them or at least as if they have variable effects on them. I miss the lateral grip of the tires. It's as if he doesn't take enough account of friction at the intersection of asphalt and rubber. And the braking effect, which I still feel is too weak. By "floating" of the front axle, I mean that it swings to the right or left without any time. It's all completely impractical. I won't single out a single car either, because those feelings are quite general, whatever and wherever I go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do you use custom, defualt or default+ FFB?