1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Junior is awesome no doubt but so does the Formula Classic Gen 4 and P1 for what I tried ! All revised cars are well worth checking out.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah! The big issue is that you get greedy and want more, I mean a F2 would be pretty awesome as well :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With all respect due to RCO, it's not been that much of a game changer. As some who plays AMS2 online with multiple leagues nearing 800 races, I find it annoying to hear the RCO folks complaining "nobody wants to race online..."

We do race online, it's just very difficult to find an RCO server that is ready in any sensible amount of time in my time zone. Why should I wait an extra 15-30 minutes not racing, when I can just hop in an open lobby and race?

You may love RCO, and I'm happy that it gives you what you want in a competitive matching system. That said, Reiza improvements to the whole MP system would benefit both RCO players and casual MP players.

• Agree Agree x 11
  4. Ikuconodule

Ikuconodule New Member

Great update as always.

The inside curbing for T9 at Catalunya feels very flat and forgiving compared to other sims though. Usually this corner is the point I concentrate hardest each lap, but here it's not really challenging at all since you can just drive all over the inside without issue. Is it something that might get a second look at in the future?

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The benefit of RCO in my mind is the consistency of the server rules. I don't have to join a server to find out that it's fixed set up, no damage etc. As it provides stats there is enough incentive for cleaner racing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Leagues tend to use the same rules....and can also have stats/ratingsystem....:whistle:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

True! But usually run to a schedule, for pick up and play MP RCO fills a gap for me

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

This will look as nitpicking, I know, but I am not entirely convinced by the look of the aeroscreen of the new F-USA. It doesn't look realistic to me because there is no titanium frame around the windshield. I know there are licensing issues involved here, but I can't imagine a real life aeroscreen like that one being able to sustain a major impact.

9. Roy Niessink

@Renato Simioni just a quick tip, it probably would have been handy to mention the RC has a seperate multiplayer lobby list in the changelog, i see a lot of people saying/thinking multiplayer is broken after they installed the RC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

CC is one of the best inventions in simracing :D

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. John Cobb

John Cobb Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay. I have deliberately gone out of my way to temper expectations for this update. I have driven only Formula Retro Gen1 cars & track combinations so far. The Formula Retro Gen1 cars always seemed exhibit on throttle push understeer when exiting tighter corners. I am able to position the cars far better on corner entry and exit now (Rear axel drive line ie geometric thrust axis) These cars feel really dialled in now which inspires confidence to push the cars without fear of running wide on corner exit on power. Only tried in dry sunny conditions so far but this is IMO a huge improvement with driving feel & dynamics. Can't wait to try my other favourite formula cars that have been updated.
    Bravo Reiza bravo :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you see any here?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

One thing that stands out like a sore thumb with all these improved Formula cars is dirty air. I'm heavily reminded again why I don't use these cars offline normally - they are absolutely unraceable.

The F-Classic Gen3 - cars from 1990 - loses 1.5 seconds because of dirty air when 1.5 seconds away from other cars. These are insane figures that have nothing to do with how it was in real life. These are figures you would expect from 2018 f1 cars with incredible aero.

Of course you should notice dirty air - but being unable to even get in the "DRS window" without being significantly quicker is simply not at all how racing worked back then.

The understeer through fast corners is crippling - easily flat gets transformed to "braking necessary". You need to lower AI difficulty in unreasonable ways just so it even resembles a race.

Please Reiza, I beg you to take another look at how your sim does dirty air. It's obviously far, far too bad, especially in long, quick corners and it sucks the fun out of racing all these F-Classic (and other) cars you crafted with such attention to detail.

I know Senna was at the front most of the time, so he wouldn't have cared too much about dirty air - but can you, please, tone it down to reasonable levels for 1.5?

You can see it very well in the video below: I'm far quicker than the AI (there are some clean laps at the end of the video) but their dirty air protection shield makes me unable to get close to them except for when they crash.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. omni

omni New Member

Playing online leagues is best way to do multiplayer, thats for sure. But they not available at any moment and they need to good prepartion for every race.
    But did you know, that RCO has very good offline mode? If less than 6 people join the race, AI will be added up to 12 cars on grid. It calibrates to your skill in couple of races and gives you motivation to race well and finish the race to get ranked points and safety rating. So instead of playing offline it is a possibility to do it on RCO and if more ppl will do it its online will grow.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

The biggest issue for me is that you cant set the aggression level for the AI on a dedi server, which with some classes might not matter, but in others it can get very frustrating...

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It certainly is, I can't race without it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If RCO did it, I think Reiza could add this feature too. Makes it easier to gauge the proper AI strength, instead of guessing randomly.

19. omni

omni New Member

Yes, i think it's just set to middle, wich is usualy ok. At the end, AI pace much more important

20. omni

omni New Member

I just hope Reiza will cooperate somehow with RCO or just hire it's developer. It is so much things can be done for AMS2 so no need to do the work already done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1