1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

at each race randomly and even on the same track and conditions, several drivers start with different amounts randomly given by the game, they cannot open the amount of fuel for the same start, they opened the types of tires for us to select

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would like this also for the scb

3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sim racers: we want more realistic aero!
    Reiza: ok…
    Sim racers:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 21
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Went back through most of the thread but did anyone else get a small update to the RC? Also the F USA 23 is amazing around Indy but I had to lower the steering lock all the way down. Default was way to "sensitive".

5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I got also as well a few hundred MB. Probably a "silent update"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. driverf

driverf New Member

Hi guys, wanted to know if i am the only one having this issue. Basically sometimes when i click on the multiplayer tab only servers created in game show up, and all the dedicated servers appear invisible as if they don’t exist, weirdly enough when i use a vpn those dedicated servers show up, is there something i can do to fix it? As racing using a vpn really debilitates the conection and 9/10 times i end up disconnecting, thank you

• Like Like x 1
  7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep just curious what the "hotfix" was for

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'm also on the side of realism when it comes to dirty air... If you can't feel the difference behind a car to when you are out of it, it really becomes immersion breaking...

I've had many brown moments enjoying said feature in AMS2...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

same

10. JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA

JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA New Member

That amount of fuel released in a race with a locked setup would be incredible, we really need it, another thing I could add is the barcelona layout with the heavy braking after the back straight

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I explained it here, this is at least the case when using the RC
    Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.0 Available as a Release Candidate

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza:
    See, these kinds of statements are why this forum needs an option to give multiple likes once a year. :D

Thank you very much for both listening and clarifying - despite my admittedly overdramatized wording. That frankly unparalleled level of engagement is precisely what got me so passionate about this sim.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. driverf

driverf New Member

the thing is this is happening to me since a long time ago already, even on the current build of the game

• Like Like x 2
  14. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Not at first, and I am not aware of the difference between the Indycar model and this one. But if the titanium structure is not necessary to ensure the strength of the aeroscreen, why bother with one?

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That little change had thrown me off so much. I keep wanting to brake for the old hairpin and the chicane. It's so weird breaking old habits from hours of playing this track on different sims.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dirty air was always there. What increased is the sensibility towards it.

I'm seriously surprised by how people overlook the importance of the slipstreaming effects and how it impacts the racing. Remove them, and the racing quality goes down inmediately, for every single road course car. From grassroots touring cars to high level open wheelers.

I watch full old races whenever I can, even made the "job" of going race by race in sequence for several seasons. I do take notice on how they follow, but you are not accounting for how cars compensate in straights with slipstream what they lose in corners.

You chose one of the worst GPs to try to showcase your point, because there are tons of slipstreaming opportunities at Spa.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

I just forget to activate it too often - why is there no botton to activate it ingame? - first world problem but would also appreciate the work done by the developpers... :)

18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You can tell CC to boot up AMS 2. :cool: Also to start CC. So Click CC, it starts CC session and boots up AMS 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Well, "people" overlooking slipstream is nothing new, after all that's how we got the 2022 F1 regulations and why DRS is a thing. I personally would like a reverse DRS far more that works like a Hanford device - gets activated automatically as soon as you press 95% throttle and dramatically increases slipstream without any of DRS' pitfalls. But that's beside the point, of course.

On towards the point, Spa is not as bad a circuit for that as you make it out to be. From Les Combes to Signes, there is far more heavy dirty air corners and far less slipstream, and for the other parts of the track it's the other way around. If cars were drawn out by more than a second on the infield, you'd have a point - and well, equally quick cars will always have that happen - but you will not see a car that's more than a second quicker than its peers and solely because of dirty air not even make it into the 1s window of the car ahead.

I think we're talking very fine margins here, as Renato put it quite well. Maybe dirty air affects the game's physics slightly too little in medium speed corners, maybe it affects it slightly too harshly in high speed corners. Maybe the dirty air effect reaches a bit further than it should when there is a group of cars, maybe it doesn't reach quite far enough when there's a single car.

It's all very fine margins that end up making a huge difference for racing - which is precisely why I would ask you to take one of the F-Classics to Jacarepagua with AI and feel for yourself whether what you feel adds up with what you've seen in F1.

I didn't think so, as elaborated above. But it's not so helpful making general statements about the importance of slipstream when it's actually a very particular situation being discussed.

No one here disagrees about the general effects of dirty air and slipstream.

20. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Wow!!
    I just had to pause the game mid race to come here and say how much better the force feedback on default is for the Logitech direct drive wheel.

Amazing work. Great detail!

EDIT...
    After a few more minutes, i noticed some problems with the collision effects, to powerful or something.
    Road detail loss of surface grip feel very nice.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023