1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

or, you do like me, simply add it to the Windows auto start menu so it open each time you login or perhaps, even add it to the startup script on steam to start automatically when you launch AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. omni

omni New Member

Only one reason i can imagine it might happend is that your ISP has closed ports which AMS2 using.
    So that's why VPN fixing it.
    If I were you, I would call the provider and find out if these ports are closed (this is possible, since by default all ports are closed and then they open them if necessary and by users request). If they are closed, I would leave an order for opening, with the justification that it is for a network game in AMS2.

3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use this little tool, works great and auto launches crewchief when i start my sim of choice
    CrewChief Auto Start

• Like Like x 4
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After today's F1 qualifying I must admit I think AMS2 got the wet weather about right. A little & invisible damp/wet part of the track did throw into a massive spin at least 3 drivers...

Hopefully Reiza can make AI behave on wet/damp track at least close to what the player has to go through.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, with the new 1.5 physics, I just stopped my iRacing subscription, which will easy pay for any future AMS2 DLC.:cool:

AMS2 = better FFB, better tyre model, better graphics, better selection of cars and tracks.

When the overall online experience further improves (on many fronts) or gets close to iRacing, there will be even more convert I predict.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  6. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

So, um, guys.... F-USA 2023 at Long Beach is pretty magical.

Just saying :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Money. F35 needs the best visibility for the pilot so they build the canopy this way. It's difficult to make and expensive

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The thing just feel so direct, gave it some laps at Road America yesterday, goddam. I'll have to give it a go too at Long Beach, right now I cant even decide what to race haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

proof of concept

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I think it's works nice, even without further adjustments yeat.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not just about F1. Lack of slipstreaming will affect your regional touring car series if its effect was reduced for some reason. And even talking about F1: the 2022 ruleset was designed trying to reduce dirty air sensitivity, not increasing slipstreaming (which I will argue was again reduced, a byproduct of placing more emphasis on underfloor downforce). The DRS bandaid is still there and a proper solution is yet to come.

I would like to have some mandatory set of devices that forces the airflows to part ways and create a bigger vaccuum, permanently. Kind of what the Handford device was, but perhaps less exaggerated.

From Les Combes to No Name Corner, they are all medium to slow speed corners. Followed by a considerably long straight towards Pouhon, which is the only place where I would argue that dirty air is actually a big thing. Then You have the whole section that includes Fagnes until Stavelot. It was never easy to follow another car closely there, chasers were using slipstream to play catchup towards Blanchimont, and when that corner became flatout, moves started happening at the Bus Stop Chicane.

Jerez is a better study case, no slipstream room outside main straight. And besides 1987 when Senna was trying to do the race without stopping and created a train behind him, I cannot recall a case of cars running at their pace and following each other closely lap after lap.

The generality of the statement is required when it's implied that dirty air is only a problem of this century. Once that is out of the way, we can discuss and test the fine margins and details.

Having said that, I will agree, and this is again general, that AI is less affected by dirty air that humans, which does not help making proper assessments, as they don't run in the same set of physics as we do. And getting a group of players with this kind of cars is not easy unfortunately, as they scare them away. Don't know from where you are, but if time allows it I would be glad to join a session with you and others, do some tandem racing and see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was talking about before this patch, and yes, i did reset the setups.... i might try not using a custom ffb file, even though i dont think that is the problem.

14. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hmm, interesting tip, i gotta give it a go, thanks!

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Long Beach feels WAY bumpier after the physics update. I noticed it with the Retro Gen 3 Turbo, whatever the value mix up was, it must've made the cars softer than they should've been.

It's still not as bad as the new Detroit Street Circuit looks. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Just wanted to add that this is specially noticeable in the oval variants of the F-USA 2023. Really difficult to follow right now in my opinion compared to what I've seen in this year's Indy 500, the car just goes straight mid corner and it's hard to control without backing out massively, and by that point the AI is already gone since they don't really seem to experience this effect as harshly as the player.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

With the new updated physics I'd say the game is really on track physics wise. The PC2 feel is gone finally. The driving feels now in between rf2 and raceroom. Well done

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I don't know if I'm running this game in "godmode" or something is broken here by my side after the update, but now I don't know if the dirty air effect in F-Ultimate Gen2 is big or not, because at least with AI at 120, no problems to follow even in ovals:

Strange, because I can see a lot of people reporting this issue.

19. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yes... Interesting how that develops. I've mostly thought highly of RaceRoom's ffb, and they've had plenty revisions to physics and the ffb itself. But when I last tried it I was still feeling that deadness mid-corner that to my recollection has always been there, and still is. That and the fact there's absolutely nothing in the signal to warn of oversteer. It's on rails, until it isn't. Only happens to me in that title. I like rF2's feel and ffb, but it's not perfect. Very noisy by default and the overal setting needs to be brought back a whole lot, and the "per car" gain increased to get desired forces. If left default there's persistent clipping and that's never good.
    I mucho like the feel of the revised cars in ams2, but have increased interpolation from 1 to 4, and force effect int. from 80 back to 60(Fana settings if that sounds alien to anyone), or it would be quite buzzy and jerky. But that's what settings are for.
    But to stick to doing some comparisons cross-title; it's usually a good sign when people say it feels more like the same car in other titles. When a virtual car has had some love, and maybe some fixes and updates, and it's come to the point where there's at least some consensus that it's a good representation of its real world counterpart; it should feel and handle very similarly across different titles. I've posted something to this extent before.
    The RSR(gte) can be set up to feel very similar to the rF2 one, with some extreme changes to diff and arb's. Tons of lift-off oversteer and very momentum-y on quick directional changes.(Imo the rF2 version is an engaging drive but feels like the engine is still mounted 2 meters behind the car itself so badly does it want to kill you)
    Real world gte cars should really not be the most edgy rides ever, and lean more toward the boring, predictable side of things.
    But the point was, things can be set up to feel very similar. And with physics coming of age that's kind of a natural process that just happens with time.
    If somebody would be so kind to mod Bridgehampton and Sebring, I will uninstall rF2 and be perfectly happy to exclusively race ams2.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone else noticed FFB has changed somewhat noticeably? The most noticeable change so far is that as tires slip it feels like it lightens the force more progressively and less abruptly (not sure if I'm a fan yet or not). Also, the difference between low speed and high speed force made it necessary to increase my "static force reduction" setting drastically. I like the new physics without a doubt, but I am not so sure about the FFB at the moment. I am sure settings can be adjusted to make it work though. Will be discussion for another thread upon final release.