1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Ramos11

Ramos11 New Member

I was trying out the Formula USA 2023, trying to replicate the Indy 500.
    After the first corner, the steering wheel would not be centered, it would get tilted to the right in its neutral position, almost as if the car had suspension damage. Is this normal?
    Plus, I felt as if I could just go full throttle in every corner, even if it meant going slightly sideways, which is something the AI seemed to be doing as well.
    Plus, the AI in the ovals seemed really hesitant to try to overtake (on 120 Difficulty and Max Aggression)

Tried out F-Ultimate Gen 2, as well, and finally! These are a blast now, they are not that snappy anymore and feel a lot more connected in low speed corners. Truly, a blast!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I laughed at this far too much :D

3. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Yes FFB seems to change (car engine vibration is lower). I had to bump it up a couple notches to get back to the feeling of what it was before.

4. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

I did the update but now i can't see the servers to play in multiplayer. How do I go back to the previous version?. Thanks in advance

5. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Just the reverse of how you got into RC version.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The offset is normal as that is how the cars are set up for oval racing

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Formula Junior is a great car to drive. Got to be one of the most enjoyable cars to chuck around and drive against the AI. Also the AI has gotten a lot faster and good close racing is easier to setup on the RC cars i've tried.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Interesting, thanks. Although, it kind of proves my point that the aeroscreen of FUSA 2023 is not very realistic... ;)

9. Ian Maycroft

Ian Maycroft New Member AMS2 Club Member

bruh i got roseberged on the starting straight and we were going wasn't the 1st few gears had no idea how they pulled the crash off

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F USA 23 feels great around Indy when running alone but once you get near another car, all the aero is lost and the understeer is massive. I can't seem to make a setup that nullifies the dirty air and allows the car to be derivable when not following anyone... I have played around with front and rear aero, ride height, weight jacker but nothing seems to work well enough to compensate for the massive aero loss

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reminds me of at least one streamer saying that iRacing's GT3 racing was practically ruined when they drastically reduced the speed gain from draft. If I've understood correctly it's more realistic now though. One of those "pick your poison" moments for the developers I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZinkZankZonk

ZinkZankZonk New Member

Dunno if this comment belongs here or in the custom livery thread, but is there a template somebody can point me towards for the F-USA '23 yet? or will that only be available when 1.4.8 hits the main branch?

13. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I haven't tried it yet, but it should be hard to follow anyone in less than 1-1.5 secs. You must lift a lot before attacking the corner, and try to do a different line wrt the front car to have some air in the front wing.
    +WJ and softer front ARB can help but still, you should be fighting the car. Not sure if what you feel is too much or not.

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

The custom file I feel comes closest to rF2 is the Atmos 4.1 by Stakanov. It has more progressive steering resistance leading up to front grip-loss (Something rF2-ffb excels at).

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Guillermo D. Luque

Guillermo D. Luque New Member

Great and very fine job with the Barcelona track. It's been 2 days that I've been going round and round race after race and I haven't stopped enjoying it in any aspect at all times. I love her.
    Regarding the rest, specifically the physics of the cars that are described in the patch summary, I feel better and better every time. The retro and classic formula cars are a true sweetness to drive, far from the first versions we are MUCH better. And it won't be my imagination but I feel subtle improvements in AI... I think they have done it the way is that way.
    In general, I see this simulator improve in EVERY aspect, in every detail... Slowly we are having a real gem! Hopefully one day it will be the Caterham category's turn to improve haha! But whatever, even gracefully I notice improvements... I congratulate you and thank you very much!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Not quite so strange.

Your video in Indy is you running the wrong car and your video in Interlagos is you running an unfortunate track.

In Indy, people are talking about the F-USA 2023, not the F-Ultimate, which can go full throttle everywhere.

In terms of Interlagos/F-Ultimate, Interlagos is largely a low speed circuit, with most corners driven in third gear or below. It pretty much only has one proper high speed corner, which is where you feel dirty air the most. Also, the start is not where you test this, because the AI will be slower in lap one and therefore not give you a representative feel of a racing situation.

All these reasons are why I did this on Jacarepagua in a 10+ lap race.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. The AIs in MP functionality shall be temporarily removed untill fixed in my opinion. Who wants to race against cars whose front wheels are heavily turned when going 250 km/h on the straight?

18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that was my point, they should have designed 2022 to increase slipstream. Instead what they ended up doing was almost entirely eliminating it.

This is, I feel, a fallacy. Yes, dirty air affects quick corners more than it does medium speed corners and low speed corners, but I'm not sure it's a progressive or exponential scale. Driving through a corner at 140-150kp/h, aeroflow and dirty air will make a noticeable difference. Yes, the relation aero/mechanical grip is still tipped towards mechanical grip, especially with older cars, but the aerodynamics are supposed to start working like they should around that speed.

I'm not sure that Jerez is a better study case when I was testing the situation at Jacarepagua, which is not like Jerez.

It's a difficult thing to find footage on, because directors at the time were in love with the front and rarely showed the midfield. For the 2000's - where dirty air was arguably worse - there is footage like that. Ever heard of the Trulli train?

I will agree that this could be an AI issue. I've yet to have an online race with the F-Classic where I'm not running at the front or getting past people by them spinning out. I've not felt this extreme an effect online, but then again, this is also due to limited testing.

The extreme amounts of dirty air I felt in the Jacarepagua video or in many other instances might also be explained through the AI gaggling together in 3-4 cars group and the game then adding their dirty air effects onto each other, leading to aero losses that couldn't happen online because it's not possible for so many cars to be this close together.

Well, at least testing this could be an excuse to set up a multiplayer F-Classic lobby, of which there aren't enough anyway :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

20230604014038_1.jpg
    is this nur 1971 guy has updated?
    cloth, position and direction are changed

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After the latest RC (with Barcelona...) I got another small update (165 MB). Is there a changelog for those latest changes/fixes?