1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Take a look how it outfits changes according to seasons. He wears a jacket during winter months. I'm really fond of such little details.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Formula junior is great fun, like Skippy at iRacing.
    Barcelona is also worth of buying.
    Thanks Reiza :)

I wonder when USA part3 arrive, those who have 1&2 should get it free if I understood correctly?!

3. RDG

RDG Active Member

Are there any plans to make the AI suffer from dirty air?

Would solve the AI pack racing as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Should already be a feature, but might need some tweaking considering how often I've seen this mentioned.

See patch note from Nov 2022:

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wanted to play todays F1-race at Barcelona but with the Formula Ultimate Gen2 they all retire and disappear at corner 7. Wrote it in the bug-forum section where this problem has been already reported. Can't anyone else play todays F1 race with the modern F1 cars against AI-opponents or is the problem on my side?

6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Broken for me too

7. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did a race round there yesterday in them and they all finished the race for me. Couple spins at T5 but that was it.

8. hugo tremolo

hugo tremolo New Member AMS2 Club Member

about mandatory pit stops and tyre changes.
    at the moment it is pretty confusing, what does "mandatory piststop min tyre ?"
    I want to run f1 races where the Ai is forced to use more than one tyre compound during the race, is that possible? (like in real life)

other than that the update is amazing, the tyres really react to overdrive, flat spots, real difference between compounds and work only in the temp window. great job !

9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

USA Part 3 is already out since long. F USA2023 will be added to it if I understood correctly. Which means you need that or the entire USA Pack (Pt1+2+3) or the season pass to retain the car after RC ends.

10. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on a little bit of testing it's tied to the layout with the chicane. Switch to the one without and it should be fine. Isn't the chicaneless layout what they're using in F1 this year anyway?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They don’t use the chicane

12. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Yes i just noticed that too ? hopefully some one will clarify what it means, hopefully it means the amount of pit stops..

13. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"Added option to set minimum number of changed tyres required for a mandatory stop to count as valid in SP/MP/Champ. Not all stops require the changes but at least one stop in the window must meet the requirements to avoid disqualification; AI will now take advantage of changing less tyres in mandatory stops if other factors don't compel them to change more".

14. Apex

Apex Active Member

Spent the morning whizzing around in the F-Junior and have a few comments, if you guys at Reiza can handle any more praise without beginning to feel all entitled and becoming insufferable divas, that is.

Anyway, overall I enjoy they handling; to me it feels very well balanced and predictable without enabling me to get away with obvious abuse. I absolutely love the cockpit, the shaking mirrors and the fact that the different liveries come with different colour steering wheel as well. That is an awesome detail, I think.

Another thing; has anyone else noticed missing/stuttering sounds with the RC? I can't hear the race start sound, the one that is in sync with the lights, you know, or cars approaching the cam in replay - only when they pass by.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

Beyond feeling better to drive, with the updated formula cars, it makes me want to keep coming back on the sim to drive them. That can only be a good thing as I didn’t have that as much before.

Could be something felt weird before but can’t quite pin it down. Now I have the impression that the sim is just more real in the attitude I have towards it, without even realising it until now.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to choose to change only lets say, the front tires at the in car menu? Or the only way to do it is by setting a pit stop strategy before the race? The in car menu only lets me change all tires, unless I'm missing something. And since I'm here maybe an option to access the in car menu while paused could be a good idea? Sometimes its hard to drive and choose your next pitstop actions at the same time, just a tought.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

20230604_105418-01.jpeg
    @Renato Simioni can you adjust drone altitude limit higher? is it illegal? :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
  18. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

New physics are awesome as well as Barcelona:hurrayreiza:

Anybody else also had some major VR-breakdown after corner 7 at Barcelona? I had it twice with the Classic Gen4M2 car within about 16 laps. Camera started shaking with visual dropouts while holding 90 fps in fpsVR. Returned to the pits and the menu was fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

20230604_220710-01.jpeg
    Agreed. tracks and vehicles are so much lovely.
    look at that scratches on wheel of Formula Junior. i think it should be called as Formula Elder.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

FFB results from several layers: code, FFB profile, physics (tires and suspension in particular), dedicated FFB parameters for each car, and user settings - the code and default profiles have remained largely unchanged since v1.3, but both tires and suspension have received substantial changes for the cars already under v1.5 physics, and our men @Domagoj Lovric &@Coanda have been doing very meticulous work finetuning those car specific parameters - the resulting FFB is indeed far more nuanced due to these improvements.

The changes to tires and suspension incidentally is something to be factored for those using custom FFB profiles, either user settings and/or the profile itself may need adjusting to better suit the revisions.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2